MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Quite a color palette in the room...

1548200807396.png

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
quoting for posterity...
the 20-30 point a night maybe at Christmas but more around 16-17 a night most parts of the year

I’m guessing a 20% rise over “copper creek” (I throw up a little just Typing that)...

So that means 19 to start...just a hunch. I hope it’s lower but I don’t expect them to really do that.

Everything goes up with them...why shouldn’t this? Gondola isn’t paying for itself.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Not to go back a few dozen pages, but the smaller pool in the last concept art released was in fact not the feature pool. I know most people agreed that was probably the case...but there were a few who insisted it was.

Not sure why they went with the weird shaped tiny studios without a real bed but I guess they will appeal to some people. I wouldn’t hold my breath that they will be a significant discount on number of points per night over a regular studio.

I am surprised with the number of food offerings. We knew about the rooftop place and that there would be a quick service too, but it sounds like 2 additional areas. A coffee/wine bar and a pool snack bar. Considering this is also a pretty short and pleasant walk to CBR food options you won’t go hungry staying there. I think this also confirms this will not be a “moderate” DVC. Expect prices per point to also not be moderate.

Finally, on the issue of concept art I think it’s blatantly obvious to anyone looking at the various pieces of art that the very first piece put out was not a best effort to highlight the resort. It was clearly vague and used as a placeholder. These new pieces plus the previous batch are much more what we would expect from Disney. I think that’s obvious to mostly anyone...except maybe those who still think this looks like a Hampton Inn...and notice even that attempted dig was upgraded from Holiday Inn to Hampton Inn. By the time it opens it might be upgraded to a Sheraton;)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not to go back a few dozen pages, but the smaller pool in the last concept art released was in fact not the feature pool. I know most people agreed that was probably the case...but there were a few who insisted it was.

Not sure why they went with the weird shaped tiny studios without a real bed but I guess they will appeal to some people. I wouldn’t hold my breath that they will be a significant discount on number of points per night over a regular studio.

I am surprised with the number of food offerings. We knew about the rooftop place and that there would be a quick service too, but it sounds like 2 additional areas. A coffee/wine bar and a pool snack bar. Considering this is also a pretty short and pleasant walk to CBR food options you won’t go hungry staying there. I think this also confirms this will not be a “moderate” DVC. Expect prices per point to also not be moderate.

Finally, on the issue of concept art I think it’s blatantly obvious to anyone looking at the various pieces of art that the very first piece put out was not a best effort to highlight the resort. It was clearly vague and used as a placeholder. These new pieces plus the previous batch are much more what we would expect from Disney. I think that’s obvious to mostly anyone...except maybe those who still think this looks like a Hampton Inn...and notice even that attempted dig was upgraded from Holiday Inn to Hampton Inn. By the time it opens it might be upgraded to a Sheraton;)

Aren’t you downgrading there?

I’m very curious about the food...I think that beyond the enchanted forest on the top (get the reference???)...the other things are vague. I’m envisioning the tiny little limited places like on modern cruise ships...but hope they are more fleshed out.

But if I recall...and my memory was fuzzy...the other side of the coin from “Hampton inn” was that this was gonna be so high quality premium - decked out with amenities and protected by border wall - that nobody would dare venture out to Caribbean 100 feet away.

Thats not the case either. Looks like the truth is gonna split the uprights like a gifted Rams field goal here.

Last edited:

flyerjab

Always love your posts.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Aren’t you downgrading there?

I’m very curious about the food...I think that beyond the enchanted forest on the top (get the reference???)...the other things are vague. I’m envisioning the tiny little limited places like on modern cruise ships...but hope they are more fleshed out.
Hampton Inn to Sheraton? I actually probably would say that’s a downgrade most of the time. I like Hampton Inn for a low cost option. I didn’t want to shoot too high. Maybe Marriott instead?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Hampton Inn to Sheraton? I actually probably would say that’s a downgrade most of the time. I like Hampton Inn for a low cost option. I didn’t want to shoot too high. Maybe Marriott instead?

Sheratons tend to be rather scuzzy if the franchisees don’t re-invest these days. In my experience modern holiday inns tend to be more maintained and pricier than hamptons though

GoofGoof

Premium Member
From the Disney DVC site for Riviera...

Your own washer and dryer—so you can pack lightly and avoid airline baggage fees

LOL. People that can afford a luxury accommodation of over $5000 for a week want to scrimp and save on $20 baggage fees.
They had to put chips in the soda cups because a whole bunch of people spending thousands on their trips were stealing soda ;)

I went on a Disney trip once with another family who probably spent close to $5K on the trip and refused to check a bag to beat the $25 fee. They could only buy small souvenirs and spent a few hours packing the night before checkout to get everything back in the carryons.

peter11435

But if I recall...and my memory was fuzzy...the other side of the coin from “Hampton inn” was that this was gonna be so high quality premium - decked out with amenities and protected by border wall - that nobody would dare venture out to Caribbean 100 feet away.

Nobody said it had to be one extreme or the other.

Except you of course.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Dining from the DVC website:

Topolino's Terrace – Flavors of the Riviera
Inspired by Europe's cliffside restaurants, this rooftop dining experience is projected to open in fall 2019. Perched atop Disney's Riviera Resort, Topolino's Terrace is designed to delight all the senses—and will offer stunning vistas and regional dishes of the Italian and French Riviera served straight from the expo kitchen.
Indulge in an unforgettable signature dinner experience accompanied by sights of nearby nighttime spectaculars at Epcot or Disney's Hollywood Studios. Or, rise early and stop by for breakfast done the Disney way, with a prix-fixe Disney Character Dining experience.
riviera-le-petit-16x9.jpg

Le Petit Café
Look forward to freshly brewed coffee and sumptuous wines at this lobby locale. Le Petit Café will invite you to gather with lattes and loved ones while you relax between the day's adventures—or grab a flute-full of something sparkling as the café transforms into a bustling wine bar. The menu will also feature scrumptious treats and sweets, which you could enjoy alfresco under the stars.
riviera-pool-rendering-16x9.jpg

Bar Riva
Fanciful afternoons await at a poolside hotspot that will serve delectable bites and beverages. Bar Riva will offer scenic views where you can enjoy long, laughter-filled lunches featuring European- and Mediterranean-inspired cuisine—as well as cocktails and refreshing drinks made to order.
riviera-pool-rendering-16x9.jpg

Primo Piatto
This quick-service trattoria will serve up tasty food throughout the day—as well as bites to grab and go.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Except you of course.

Not correct...as people were dug in about what and how much to trust this plan and the preliminary platitudes...

I’d say the decision is a split as it stands.

Full disclosure: that was my 8th life in another alleyway...but I doubt much was different here...as most players are the same or even more pro-iger.

Viva Riviera, baby! Can’t wait till the first round of Trekkers jet in on cash ressies to “experience” this...

Rip Barbados 15 🤪

GoofGoof

Premium Member

Except you of course.
They are advertising the lakefront path as an amenity:

Walking / Jogging Path
This picturesque path will welcome you to explore the Resort’s surroundings during a scenic stroll or jog.​

There are plenty of food options on site so you certainly don’t need to go to CBR for food, but it’s probably going to be popular to walk over to CBR too...and vis versa. CBR just added a signature restaurant a quick service and 2 additional bars. Good for everyone.

peter11435

Not correct...as people were dug in about what and how much to trust this plan and the preliminary platitudes...

I’d say the decision is a split as it stands.

Full disclosure: that was my 8th life in another alleyway...but I doubt much was different here...as most players are the same or even more pro-iger.

Viva Riviera, baby! Can’t wait till the first round of Trekkers jet in on cash ressies to “experience” this...

Rip Barbados 15 🤪
As always, a whole of text for very little substance.

Nobody said this was an all or nothing Resort except you. People argued (correctly) that there would be more to it then the initial artwork showed. People argued (correctly) that the resort would include all the necessary amenities for a standalone resort. You were the one that insisted it was designed to share with CBR which it is not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom