Disney Rewards Card Points Total Thread

350ceo

We currently have 212 points. Always look forward to the next statement's update. We charge all our bills, groceries, and purchases to the card. Makes it a bit less depressing knowing it's building towards future fun. Saving them all for our next trip. It's about a year's worth of points.

What's everyone's current total?

fosse76

We have 1013 as it stands now. The first five years worth got us a week at the Poly for our anniversary. In two more years they are going towards a first time trip for my new Granddaughter, hopefully at the tree houses.

Ummm...don't they expire at some point?

I am slowly trying to move all my purchases to that card...but it's much easier to keep charging when you don't have a limit, versus seeing how much you actually have in the bank! I actually had about $140, but I put that towards my AP renewal (along with Give a day voucher).

Upvote 0

sbkline

I am slowly trying to move all my purchases to that card...but it's much easier to keep charging when you don't have a limit, versus seeing how much you actually have in the bank! I actually had about $140, but I put that towards my AP renewal (along with Give a day voucher).

They do expire, but it takes a long time. I just got my card this spring and made our first charges in April, I believe. The points from that month expire in 2015. The charges for the following month expire the following month in 2015, and so on. So apparently, points are good for 5 years before they start expiring. Each monthly statement will tell you how many points you have accumulated, and how many points expire in July 2015, for example, how many expire August 2015, etc.

Upvote 0

Mr Wizard

They sure do, after 5 years. You can also buy some more time when you transfer points to a card. But 5 years is about as long as I can wait. So in order to get the most out of them we build them for 5 years and charge everything. I mean everything. Someone mentioned charging a pizza, well I will also charge the $1.50 soda to go with it. I run my own buisness and all my suppliers take credit cards. Cell phone, cable TV, insurance payments and more all go on it. Those tree houses aren't cheap.

Upvote 0

Disney05

Think my wife just told me we have about 225 or so points. We'll use what we have for our trip in May. She's trying to get her sister, who has about 700 points, to cash it in or whatever you have to do and give it to us.

Upvote 0

sbkline

So for those of you who have already accumulated enough points to pay for a trip (or at least pay down the balance of the trip, even if it doesn't pay the whole thing), can you even do that? I was kind of under the impression that you either have to pay a room only ahead of arrival, and then use the rewards card to pay for tickets, dining, or whatever else, or you just prepay your room&ticket package, and then use the card once down there to pay for dining or anything else. When we went in April, we had to pick up a blank card at DTD and then call and have our points transferred to the card. But this mean that we were already at WDW, which means the trip was already paid for. Is there a way to get the gift card a few months before your trip so that you can actually use it to pay down the package total?

I'm kind of disappointed with how slow the credit limit is going up so far, though. It started out in April with a $7500 credit limit, and I think it's only up to $7600 now, after more than half a year. I figure as much as I use it, the credit limit would be up higher than that by now. My wife will need a new car before too long, and we are blessed enough to be able to pay cash for it. So I was really hoping to have a high enough credit limit to put it on the card, since 15 or 20 grand would bring ALOT of points all at once! But at the rate my credit limit is going up, it just ain't gonna happen.

Upvote 0

ann0d

We used the points 3 times already. The first time paid for our tickets to Disneyland, the second time we had over 200 and applied them towards our room, and last year we used them for dining and other expenses over 300. Already we have 386 BUT we've been putting our son's college tution on it! This is his last year, so the big points will stop!

Upvote 0

sbkline

Here is something I keep meaning to check on and I keep forgetting, so maybe someone here can answer. There is a trick that some credit card companies at least used to use, and I don't know if they still do or not. Perhaps it's illegal now, I don't know. But let's say the balance on my statement is $1,000. I send in a payment for $1500, knowing that I have charged other things since the statement was printed, and since I charge stuff almost every day. By the time they get my payment, my balance is $1700. So that's a $200 difference. Now, instead of applying that entire payment to all of the oldest charges, they apply it to the newest charges, and leave that $200 of oldest charges so that they can actually charge interest on that $200, rather than applying my entire payments to the previous month's entire balance, and avoiding any interest charges. Anyone know if the Disney Visa Rewards card does this?

Upvote 0

majorrfb

Rewards Card

We are just back from our annual Christmas visit to WDW. I had accumulated 279 points on my card. My wife and I had a fabulous meal at the California Grill, Paris Bistro (Epcot), purchased gifts using this card. No problem anywhere we used it. :xmas: :sohappy: Merry Christmas everyone!!

Upvote 0

WDWmazprty

what the hell is a dole whip? haha

picture.php

:slurp::slurp::slurp:

Upvote 0

Iteachwood

We currently have 212 points. Always look forward to the next statement's update. We charge all our bills, groceries, and purchases to the card. Makes it a bit less depressing knowing it's building towards future fun. Saving them all for our next trip. It's about a year's worth of points.

What's everyone's current total?

Ours was 413 last July....was awsum...saved for year...use for everything

Upvote 0

Iteachwood

They sure do, after 5 years. You can also buy some more time when you transfer points to a card. But 5 years is about as long as I can wait. So in order to get the most out of them we build them for 5 years and charge everything. I mean everything. Someone mentioned charging a pizza, well I will also charge the $1.50 soda to go with it. I run my own buisness and all my suppliers take credit cards. Cell phone, cable TV, insurance payments and more all go on it. Those tree houses aren't cheap.

Hers the the thing ...points in account wont run out for awhile, say 2015. BUT once your transfer them onto your reward card they run out when card runs out, usually at end of year. So dont transfer them onto your card unless your sure youi are going to use trhem before card expires!

Upvote 0

dlf0725

My disney rewards card was due to expire 12/2010 with 200 points left on it. Since our next trip isn't until the end of Jan 2011, I purchased a disney gift card with my rewards points at my local disney store. That way I won't lose out on the points since the gift card can also be used anywhere in WDW.

Upvote 0

fredtom

When we went in April, we had to pick up a blank card at DTD and then call and have our points transferred to the card. But this mean that we were already at WDW, which means the trip was already paid for. Is there a way to get the gift card a few months before your trip so that you can actually use it to pay down the package total?

I'm kind of disappointed with how slow the credit limit is going up so far, though. It started out in April with a $7500 credit limit, and I think it's only up to $7600 now, after more than half a year. I figure as much as I use it, the credit limit would be up higher than that by now. My wife will need a new car before too long, and we are blessed enough to be able to pay cash for it. So I was really hoping to have a high enough credit limit to put it on the card, since 15 or 20 grand would bring ALOT of points all at once! But at the rate my credit limit is going up, it just ain't gonna happen.

Yes, you can request a personalized Rewards card at anytime from Chase. Order it in advance of your trip. You'll need to transfer a minimum of 20 Reward Dollars to activate it. Before you travel, transfer the total amount you want to redeem.

You can also request a credit line increase as with any other credit card. Specify how much of an increase you would like. They'll review your payment history and income and either approve or decline your request. Don't wait for them to automatically increase your credit limit.

We redeemed 335 Reward Dollars toward our DDP in November and currently have 47 as a start toward next year's trip.

"An Adventurer's life is best!" :lol:

Upvote 0

WDW 3

$20 - hehe Just started to add up again after our October trip. Just paid it today and had Mousegear and Main Street Bakery among others on the bill. We use our airline card as much as we can for the miles. In the past 5 1/2 years we paid cash for 1 ticket and used miles for 14.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom