News Disney removing plastic straws and more by mid-2019

s8film40

Kept in the frig or cooler with ice and it it is all ways served cold no need for ice in it. Too hard to drink through a straw.
See, this is the exact reason I use when people ask how I would want to order soda without ice. The soda is served cold and it’s too hard to drink through a straw, yet everyone seems to think they “need” ice.

daringstoic

See, this is the exact reason I use when people ask how I would want to order soda without ice. The soda is served cold and it’s too hard to drink through a straw, yet everyone seems to think they “need” ice.
Fountain pop doesn't fizz properly if there's not a little bit of ice in the cup. It tends to come out flat for some reason and just doesn't taste right. Bottled and canned pop must be processed differently and hold their fizz when you pour them into a cup.

s8film40

Fountain pop doesn't fizz properly if there's not a little bit of ice in the cup. It tends to come out flat for some reason and just doesn't taste right. Bottled and canned pop must be processed differently and hold their fizz when you pour them into a cup.
I’ve never noticed this at all. Don’t take this the wrong way but are you sure this isn’t just something your imagining? Or perhaps because you’re forcing the drink through a straw it accelerates the fizziness? Bottled sodas definitely do seem to have more fizz, whereas as I’ve found fountains to be more variable but trend on the less fizzy side.

King Panda 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I always have ice in my 760oz drink as i never know when the mood might take me to re-create this film
s-l300.jpg

lazyboy97o

Fountains are far too often not properly calibrated and maintained (which also means they’re really, really gross for you germaphobes who use a straw for such reasons). A properly cared for machine will have the same syrup to water ratio as a bottled product and be well chilled.

21stamps

Uh no it is. The internet is exploding in admiration over how Starbucks is "paving the way" for the future and are modern day saints for removing single use plastic yet they are still using single use plastic that involves a fro profit product. Yes those straws may have existed first but the fact that they are still using that plastic is the hypocritical part which is very ironic.

Plus the fact that their new baby's first drink sippy cup lids use more plastic in general is also ironic!

Starbucks has been pushing their reusable mugs and iced coffee cups for years.. the new straw rule isn’t a shock or irony from them at all.

daringstoic

I’ve never noticed this at all. Don’t take this the wrong way but are you sure this isn’t just something your imagining? Or perhaps because you’re forcing the drink through a straw it accelerates the fizziness? Bottled sodas definitely do seem to have more fizz, whereas as I’ve found fountains to be more variable but trend on the less fizzy side.
I worked at a restaurant that served a lot of pop. The glasses poured without ice just don't fizz right. People would ask for no ice and then send the drink back because they thought it was flat sometimes. The flavor itself probably doesn't change, but the whole point for me is the bubbles and flat pop is just plain nasty.

21stamps

https://news.starbucks.com/views/starbucks-commitment-to-a-sustainable-future

From our beginnings, Starbucks has always, and remains committed to, using our scale to positively impact the communities we serve around the world.

Since 2004, Starbucks has been implementing a climate change strategy that focuses on renewable energy, energy conservation, and climate adaptation and mitigation efforts. We will continue to be the world’s leading builder of green stores with more than 1,200 LEED-certified stores in 20 countries and the largest U.S. purchaser of renewable energy in our sector.

21stamps

One more Starbucks link-

https://www.starbucks.com/responsibility/environment/recycling

Reducing Waste: Packaging and Reusable Cups
As one of many companies in the food service business, we continue our commitment to lead the industry toward greater access to recycling for cups and other packaging—including driving demand for recycled materials. A key milestone came in 2006, when we began offering a cup with 10% post-consumer recycled paper fiber in North America, after helping develop the technology and leading the industry to gain approval for using recycled fiber for food packaging. We also include 50% post-consumer, recycled PET (rPET) in our cold cups used in European markets, and 15% rPET in our Bistro boxes in the US.

Reusable cups are also an important component of our overall waste reduction strategy. Since 1985 we’ve rewarded our customers with a discount when they bring in personal tumblers. In 2013 we launched a $2 reusable cup in the U.S. and Canada, and a £1cup in the United Kingdom

s8film40

I worked at a restaurant that served a lot of pop. The glasses poured without ice just don't fizz right. People would ask for no ice and then send the drink back because they thought it was flat sometimes. The flavor itself probably doesn't change, but the whole point for me is the bubbles and flat pop is just plain nasty.
I have no idea what you’re talking about I drink soda all the time without ice. Even though I ask for drinks without ice servers will often forget and bring one with ice. A lot of times rather than send it back I’ll go ahead and take the drink with ice. So I have both regularly, there is no difference at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom