Disney Quest to close in July 2017

Next Big Thing

I think if they try to go about this like a basketball themed Dave & Busters it will be successful. Maybe keep some arcade elements, add a basketball court, some other basketball elements, maybe even a miny NBA museum and then a general sports bar (not necessarily specific to NBA) and it should go over pretty well.

UpAllNight

I'd be just greatful if I could walk down Downtown Disney/springs with OPTIONS of places to eat without deciding on my mood 6 months in advance. Even if I won't like it, if others do it might free up some room elsewhere.

Jon81uk

I'd be just greatful if I could walk down Downtown Disney/springs with OPTIONS of places to eat without deciding on my mood 6 months in advance. Even if I won't like it, if others do it might free up some room elsewhere.

That is the case currently. Planet Hollywood, Paridiso 37, Raglan Road and Wolfgang Puck all often have walk-up availability.

UpAllNight

That is the case currently. Planet Hollywood, Paridiso 37, Raglan Road and Wolfgang Puck all often have walk-up availability.

We must have picked the wrong time twice...we tried everyone of those and the only one that we didn't have to wait 40 mins - an hour for was Wolfgang Puck Cafe.

PhotoDave219

I think if they try to go about this like a basketball themed Dave & Busters it will be successful. Maybe keep some arcade elements, add a basketball court, some other basketball elements, maybe even a miny NBA museum and then a general sports bar (not necessarily specific to NBA) and it should go over pretty well.

Yeah, but the NBA is likely footing the bill for the renovations to the building as well as signing a lease.

So. While a general sports bar (Think giant ESPN Zone) would be awesome.... Its all about who's paying the bill.

bethymouse

Not an NBA fan, but hopefully it will be a good thing. BTW, I can attest to Downtown Disney being crowded. I was just there, and it was an early Sunday morning ( but it was Father's Day). We could hardly get around World of Disney! Packed!:(

eblaz37

Wow- I guess I'm with some others- did not really expect it to be completely reimagined. However, like it was mentioned above, we can all agree DQ's time has come. Progress!!

BrianV

Yes, yes, poor Tom Brady with his millions of dollars and supermodel wife. It's not like he's been caught cheating TWICE.

Anyway, NBA? Meh. Now, if they had cut a deal with the WWE... Oh man oh man I'd be on that like white on rice!

Agree that NBA is meh at best! MLB would be far better. Or NHL. Or even NFL. MLS would even be better and draw an international crowd.

(As for TB, when has he been caught cheating ever? Turns out footballs weren't deflated after all...buried in the various reports...)

MagicHappens1971

This is possible, I've done it multiple times, Splitsville's Restaurant, Raglan Road, Planet Hollywood, and a couple times before. You don't need to book your reservations 6 months in advance.

mm121

This is lame.
While DQ definitely needed a complete and total overhaul, replacing it with a third party concept is lame.
Though its not surprising, as its keeping in line with disney being completely unimaginative, and totally in the risk avoidance mode financially.

What will they fill the huge building with? a giant sports bar? what exactly is the "experience of the nba" other than overpriced tickets, overpriced stadium food, lame entertainment, to see lame players that are an inch tall from the upper deck unless your spending 300 dollars or more a ticket.

maybe they'll play videos about the lives of nba players, showcasing all the things they do that dont make alot of them good role models.

Its disappointing that Dtd is losing its primary attraction of things for kids to do.

in terms of people talking about the "and more" tickets options, theres so many different things disney could build but hasn't and wont.

I liked some of the ideas people had of theming disney quest after wreck it ralp.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I am a bit sad about DisneyQuest, not because of the zombie it has become...stuck in 1996, but because of the untapped potential. They really did abandon it after the first few years, creatively...closing attractions, and only making one real upgrade during its entire existence (Herc to POTC). It's as if as soon as they opened it, they regretted it, but left it open anyway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom