Disney Quest to close in July 2017

Victor Kelly

We were going to go in January because we would have gotten in for free with our package. But they closed at 9pm, and we were still in the parks. If they are trying to make Disney Springs into a nightlife location, why would they close it early?

pumpkin7

We only went to Disney Quest once. It was full of unsupervised children who pushed you out of the way to get to the games, and the only one we queued for lasted about a minute because we were supposed to be working as a team, but we died pretty much straight away. We couldn't be bothered with anything else.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Everything about Disney Quest and that area of Downtown Disney just bores the living hell out of me.
However, from what I have seen from the start of Disney Springs......how many restaurants and shops do they need in one location.

It looks like it's becoming one giant, very expensive, outlet mall.

This is a good question, are they building to much to quickly there.

ToInfinityAndBeyond

I'm curious to see how this goes. NBA is huge, but doesn't cater to everyone. That's a pretty big space to take up, but it's better than DQ for sure. Arcades are a thing of the past (to my dismay).

I just wonder how they're going to "put you into the experience." No one goes to Disney to play basketball and get all sweaty at Disney Springs. I'm happy to see something happen with DisneyQuest, but I just don't know if this will be a hit.

Slowjack

Because the NBA is willing to pay for it. It's that simple…

If the NFL (which frankly can't even pay its players a guaranteed contracts so them making a theme restaurant seems unlikely) Or MLB or NHL (which has one in NYC) want to shell out some money, they can have one too.
Not sure what you mean by this. The NFL is the highest-revenue sports league in the country, about double the NBA, I think. Why would the details of individual player contracts affect the ability of the league to spend money on a restaurant if it so desired?

PhotoDave219

Not sure what you mean by this. The NFL is the highest-revenue sports league in the country, about double the NBA, I think. Why would the details of individual player contracts affect the ability of the league to spend money on a restaurant if it so desired?

From having worked with the NFL from my perspective? They're cheaper than Disney. They're loathe to spend any money whatsoever.

FrankLapidus

Positive news as far as I'm concerned.

On the one hand it will be quite sad to see Disney Quest go, its one of the last links to what Downtown Disney used to be for me and my family, a place we could go after a day in the parks and easily spend five or six hours leisurely enjoying DQ, the entertainment options in Pleasure Island/West Side and the varied shopping options of the Marketplace.

But ultimately Disney's Quest's time has come; truthfully it came several years ago but it is has been left to linger as a poor shadow of what it once was for far too long. The NBA Experience is something I'm looking forward to so its a change that I will welcome.

Last edited:

WDW1974

Friend of mine works at Disney Quest and they said the leaders told them today that the current plan is for Disney Quest to close next spring. As always take this with a grain of salt until anything is confirmed by Disney.

Yes. I broke that news here on my Perfect Ten thread weeks ago ...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom