Disney Quest to close in July 2017

SNS

This can't just be a restaurant, sports bar, merch location -- there's going to be some significant interactive stuff.

I can see them turning Buzz Lightyear's Astroblaster into a basketball court (especially since the restaurant has a view of it).

Cmdr_Crimson

True. And the POTC simulator wasn't open yet when I went to Chicago's version.

Ohhhh Yeaahh....I remember now..
disney_quest_hercules.jpg

HolleBolleGijs

I've always wanted to do Disney Quest, but never wanted to give up park time. So maybe I'm part of the problem :p

NBA isn't big where I live, but that's probably because our team is pretty bad (or so I think. I don't really follow sports). I've met people in Europe who care more about basketball than they do about soccer, and basketball is pretty big in China as well, so maybe this will work?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I've always wanted to do Disney Quest, but never wanted to give up park time. So maybe I'm part of the problem :p

NBA isn't big where I live, but that's probably because our team is pretty bad (or so I think. I don't really follow sports). I've met people in Europe who care more about basketball than they do about soccer, and basketball is pretty big in China as well, so maybe this will work?
Disney not updating the games was the problem.

The graphics on most of the headlining games was about equivalent to a 1st generation Wii.

threvester

If Disneyquest closes, I can see many people (myself included) not upgrading to the water park and more option..i will pass on the option and just get a one day pass to Volcano Bay. minus.$400 for Disney

JWG

That's the issue with the ane more options. If we have a 5 day pass for a 7 day trip, we have 5 and more's to use. We will use all 5 park days, which leaves us two other days. So we do a water park one of those days followed by minigolf (but we have to minigolf before 4pm, so short water park day). That's 2 of our 5 and more options. The 2nd day we want to shop at DTD, maybe go to La Nouba or tour the resorts... so maybe we try the other minigolf. That's 3 of our and more options. What am I supposed to do with the last two? Maybe I go to a water park twice instead of shopping? It's likely more economical to just pay at the gate for the water park day.

We've never been there when ESPN had anything we could attend for. Or would want to.

CaptainAmerica

disney is courting disaster with a NBA themed building..
and im not being cute here
Care to elaborate?

If Disneyquest closes, I can see many people (myself included) not upgrading to the water park and more option..i will pass on the option and just get a one day pass to Volcano Bay. minus.$400 for Disney
Aaaaand they're adding a tenant that will pay them rent every month. Plus tens of thousands of dollars for Disney. I think they'll be fine without your $400.

TyrantBoss

Everything about Disney Quest and that area of Downtown Disney just bores the living hell out of me.
However, from what I have seen from the start of Disney Springs......how many restaurants and shops do they need in one location.

It looks like it's becoming one giant, very expensive, outlet mall.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom