Disney Quest to close in July 2017

admiral-ari-x

Turn the place into a roller rink.

I can only imagine how sweet a multi-floored roller rink would be... different themes on each floor *q* Well now this is all I want, haha!

Seriously though, Disney could make this into a huge, beautiful theatre for travelling Broadway shows.... brings the locals and the visitors in, and they can turn the West Side into a classy joint (more like the West End? Lol)

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Seriously though, Disney could make this into a huge, beautiful theatre for travelling Broadway shows.... brings the locals and the visitors in, and they can turn the West Side into a classy joint (more like the West End? Lol)

A Broadway theater would be great. I do not know why Disney has not done this yet. It would add so much to Disney Springs.

Sped2424

A Broadway theater would be great. I do not know why Disney has not done this yet. It would add so much to Disney Springs.
Disney currently is the major sponsor of the dr Phillips performing arts center in downtown Orlando. With one of the theaters being named the Walt Disney theater. Them making their own performing arts center doesn't make that much sense.

Work is really slow right now....

Eh, just turn it into Disney's First ever Disney Spring Hotel...(vacation club coming the very next day!)
or
Turn it into some kind of giant escape room from your Disney Vacation...Escape from Stitch...2.0?
or
Turn it into every different brand of Landry's restaurant because....you know... we don't have enough of those yet.
or
World's longest Omnimover ride...every Disney movie shown by a scene...or...every dead Disney omnimover ride brought back to life because it will save them money!
or
Disney World Sorcerers Go!...Why just walk around the Magic Kingdom with boring dumb cards and mirrors to catch evil Disney villans...when you can delve into our new upgraded awesomified, 3D actuated, face animated, autonomous World of free moving Disney Characters in Disney World Sorcerers Go. Use your new animated cards ($39.99 each or $117 for a 3 pack) and complete Disney Missions with real life mechanical Disney Characters and earn some super cool Disney Creds to show off to your friends by earning badges and medals and stuff! Yeah!
or
Disney's New Premium Parking Garage! - For a nominal free ($$$-$$$$), pay to park in a parking garage your vehicle will actually fit in a parking garage that isn't falling apart (Hi Disneyland!). No scratches guarantee as each parking spot is the size of two handicaps! Plus come back to your vehicle after a long hot but also fun day to find awesome stickers placed all over the back of your car that will let everybody know you were one of those jerks who actually paid to park here! Yeah, you go rich folks! We love you.

Last edited:

Siren

I can only imagine how sweet a multi-floored roller rink would be... different themes on each floor *q* Well now this is all I want, haha!

OMG. What is it with people and this thread late at night?

You guys must be watching basketball at night and then posting here when it's over. LOL.

I would love to see a Broadway show at Disney!!! And, maybe even a Marvel themed Broadway show with major special effects!

Work is really slow right now....

Eh, just turn it into Disney's First ever Disney Spring Hotel...(vacation club coming the very next day!)
or
Turn it into some kind of giant escape room from your Disney Vacation...Escape from Stitch...2.0?
or
Turn it into every different brand of Landry's restaurant because....you know... we don't have enough of those yet.
or
World's longest Omnimover ride...every Disney movie shown by a scene...or...every dead Disney omnimover ride brought back to life because it will save them money!
or
Disney World Sorcerers Go!...Why just walk around the Magic Kingdom with boring dumb cards and mirrors to catch evil Disney villans...when you can delve into our new upgraded awesomified, 3D actuated, face animated, autonomous World of free moving Disney Characters in Disney World Sorcerers Go. Use your new animated cards ($39.99 each or $117 for a 3 pack) and complete Disney Missions with real life mechanical Disney Characters and earn some super cool Disney Creds to show off to your friends by earning badges and medals and stuff! Yeah!
or
Disney's New Premium Parking Garage! - For a nominal free ($$$-$$$$), pay to park in a parking garage your vehicle will actually fit in a parking garage that isn't falling apart (Hi Disneyland!). No scratches guarantee as each parking spot is the size of two handicaps! Plus come back to your vehicle after a long hot but also fun day to find awesome stickers placed all over the back of your car that will let everybody know you were one of those jerks who actually paid to park here! Yeah, you go rich folks! We love you.
Yeah. Work must be really slow. Your post is hilarious, though. LOL.

Jon81uk

I'd love to see them completely tear down the interior of this building and a broadway style theater. Disney has enough musicals that they could cycle in and out of there if they wanted to actually think outside the box.

This pretty much explains why they are unlikely to
Disney currently is the major sponsor of the dr Phillips performing arts center in downtown Orlando. With one of the theaters being named the Walt Disney theater. Them making their own performing arts center doesn't make that much sense.

However I think most tourists who might watch a show at Disney Springs are not going to go into Downtown Orlando. But also most of those tourists will just book Cirque.

Next Big Thing

This pretty much explains why they are unlikely to

However I think most tourists who might watch a show at Disney Springs are not going to go into Downtown Orlando. But also most of those tourists will just book Cirque.
I have been to Dr. Phillips Center and it is beautiful. I'm not sure if something in that contract or the Cirque contract prohibits them from opening a Broadway theatre in DS though. If it doesn't, why wouldn't people want to see a sit-down version of Lion King or Mary Poppins just as much as Cirque (if not more?).

I know it's pretty much not happening, but i'd love to see it and I think it would be very popular if built.

KBLovedDisney

They should create a Disney Movie Renaissance themed two-story (or 4 story...I don't really remember how many floors there were at Disney Quest) restaurant out of the building. Each floor would depict a few years worth of Disney from the 90s with pictures and some enclosed glass models of characters and scenes. And of course there would be a gift shop in the lobby.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Disney is not going to want to compete with anything there. A Broadway style show would compete with Cirque. A large, themed restaurant would compete with Rainforest and Trex Cafe.

Disney Quest was perfect because it could draw people in, but it wouldn't keep them all day. People would go to Downtown Disney to go to Disney Quest and then check out the shops when they're done.

Whatever they replace it with is either going to be a half day draw like Disney Quest was or rented out to someone else.

Sped2424

Disney is not going to want to compete with anything there. A Broadway style show would compete with Cirque. A large, themed restaurant would compete with Rainforest and Trex Cafe.

Disney Quest was perfect because it could draw people in, but it wouldn't keep them all day. People would go to Downtown Disney to go to Disney Quest and then check out the shops when they're done.

Whatever they replace it with is either going to be a half day draw like Disney Quest was or rented out to someone else.
That's another fantastic point. Anything that would be reminiscent of a theater would cannibalize Cirque.

DVC91

I would love to see a Broadway show at Disney!!! And, maybe even a Marvel themed Broadway show with major special effects!

They tried that with Spider-Man already. People went to it for the same reason they go to NASCAR races: to see people crash.

Actors on fly rigs were constantly getting injured, crashing into the seats of the theatre... it was awful.

While it's possible that having two shows next to each other could work out, you also have to consider that New York's customer pool for all of these shows is a few million more people a day (not considering people from the Tri-State area. I used to take trains to NYC all the time for shows)

Next Big Thing

You all know that NYC hosts dozens of big Broadway musicals as well as a Cirque show and other performance acts (Blue Man Group) simultaneously all within a few blocks of each other, right? And that Disney produces several of those shows at the same time?

I wouldn't worry about cannibalization.
That's Broadway though. People travel there specifically to see live theatrical shows.

When people travel to Orlando, it's normally for one of two things... either Theme Parks or Conventions. Most people that are going to Orlando aren't budgeting out money to go see a show. Hell, Cirque rarely ever sells out as things are right now.

Kman101

LOL. Why would Cirque worry about Broadway shows? That argument doesn't make any sense to me. I can understand the Dr. Phillips Center but even then I don't buy that argument. If Disney wanted to do a Broadway theater with shows they would. They probably won't so this is all moot but until I'm shown a contract that states they can't do it because of Cirque or Dr. Phillips I don't buy that.

The audience probably isn't there for it, but who knows? Maybe it would be? Why would it matter if you can see Lion King in New York on Broadway? Shows travel all of the time to different states and cities ... in that same vein you could argue there should be no national tours of shows.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom