Disney Quest to close in July 2017

Bacon

Hi @DManRightHere! Thank you -- I'm glad someone likes the idea, lol. The Star Wars restaurant is already in the works and looks so amazing! And, I can't wait to try that blue milk stuff! I hope it's not gross though. LOL.

2qlvjg8.jpg

2zzkq5c.jpg

15q2ouq.jpg

Anyway, since Disney can't have Marvel in the parks, this is a great way to showcase Marvel without violating the terms of the contract.

Yes, I totally agree. The dinner show have been around for decades and do very well.

So basically, you just want a refurb. LOL. I don't know though, because there is an arcade at literally every single resort that you can go to for free.

So, do you really want to pay the high entrance fee just to play arcade games?
I once had blue milk ice-cream from hollywood studios it was gross it was like blue raspberry ice-cream/dairy :confused:

tribbleorlfl

I could be wrong, but I thought the Uni/Marvel contract also prevents interactive dining attractions within a certain radius of IOA. The last time I looked at the contract, I belive it referenced the concept Marvel was planning at the time.

Siren

"So, do you really want to pay the high entrance fee just to play arcade games?"

Well when you buy a 5 day water parks and more ticket, it is unlikely you'd go to the water parks 5 times. One evening at Disney quest! Males entrance free.
Hi @BrianV! LOL, that's so true. Disney knows that Water Parks & More is the only way to make people pay for Disney Quest. Also, ladies should enter for free. And, guys should pay the cover charge which includes two free drinks for each girl.

I once had blue milk ice-cream from hollywood studios it was gross it was like blue raspberry ice-cream/dairy :confused:
Hi @ThemeParkGuru! Ewww. No thanks then -- I thought it would taste kind of like Blue Moon ice cream -- that's a bit more tolerable.

I could be wrong, but I thought the Uni/Marvel contract also prevents interactive dining attractions within a certain radius of IOA. The last time I looked at the contract, I belive it referenced the concept Marvel was planning at the time.
Wow! That's really too bad. Oh well, Star Wars would work, too. Or, maybe even a Guardians of the Galaxy themed dinner show. I would love to see something like that.

BrianV

Hi @BrianV! LOL, that's so true. Disney knows that Water Parks & More is the only way to make people pay for Disney Quest. Also, ladies should enter for free. And, guys should pay the cover charge which includes two free drinks for each girl.

Whoops. Darn auto correct! However, as a husband and a father of two girls, I would be happy with girls enter for free! :)

Jon81uk

My idea has always been to turn Disney quest into an indoor interactive mini golf

But they could also do something like a big Disney themed Dave and busters type place too.

I'm pretty sure if Disney really wanted to keep running DQ themselves they could add miniature golf to one floor, refresh cyberspace mountain and the Buzz bumper cars. Then add new machines and rip out the out of date stuff.

But it seems obvious Disney do not want to run DQ and would rather off-load the space.

Siren

Who even goes to Disney just to "experience" sports? "Gee, I can't wait to play Basketball! Forget Space Mountain, Basketball is where it's at at Disney!"
OMG. So like, why are you bumping old threads at 1:50AM?!? Just to say this.

I totally agree with you though. Great comment! LOL.

Turn the place into a roller rink.
Not bad. It's been a while -- like, I don't even own a pair a roller skates anymore. I totally miss them, too. My roller skates were white with pink wheels and had with huge pink pom poms with bells on them. They were so cute.

Grinch: Wrongo
OMG. It is almost 8AM and you are still up wreaking havoc. Like, I don't know what exactly happened to me but I used to be up late all the time -- but, now I am sleeping like a baby through the night. It's so wonderful. I feel so beautiful and refreshed when I wake up now, instead of tired. I just started this new intense workout routine that switched up everything, plus we just lost an hour a daylight and now it's so cold outside -- so, I think these factors played a significant role in adjusting and balancing my sleep patterns.

And, everyone starts working out after New Years but I start mine after Thanksgiving, I don't gain any weight over the winter holiday and I am ready for mid February. I love when it gets cold outside too because it's perfect walking or jogging weather, and your body burns so much more because it has to work harder in the cold, so I can do less. In the summer, it takes twice as long to achieve the same results.

Anyway, go to sleep, night owl.

Getting back on topic. I totally forgot about this thread. I couldn't believe I came up with so many amazing ideas for Disney Quest and there are so many other great ideas from other posters too.

I hope we get an update on this soon. I never go to Disney Quest but I don't mind if it stays. Disney just needs to update it.

71jason

My idea has always been to turn Disney quest into an indoor interactive mini golf

You could fit 36 holes of indoor mini golf in there and still have 4.5 floors to fill. I think it's a solid idea, but I'd stick it somewhere with less of a footprint (former BET, was once on the table, seemed ideal).

I still think a nightlife venue in the vein of the old Church St. Station would rake in cash, fill a void, prop up the West Side, but would need to find third parties to run the venues.

Siren

Haha i guess I'm just full of energy all the time. I can never get the You don't own me! song outta my head, so i guess that helps with me not ever sleeping. Doooooont tell me what to do! And doooont tell me what to saaay!!
LOL, @Stark!!! You are just too funny and you are such a troublemaker, too. Like, I got in so much trouble on this forum today because of your restless "energy." And, I am supposed to be asleep right now. Stop bumping threads at night, or is it late night morning?

I'm just kidding, I don't mind because you make me laugh.

Okay, back on topic. I wonder if Disney is still giving free admission to Disney Quest in their vacation packages. Whenever, they stop doing that, then we'll know that they finally have plans for Disney Quest.

And, people totally love the dinner shows. So, I am still hoping for an amazing Marvel Avenger's dinner show or something like that.

Katie G

LOL, @Stark!!! You are just too funny and you are such a troublemaker, too. Like, I got in so much trouble on this forum today because of your restless "energy." And, I am supposed to be asleep right now. Stop bumping threads at night, or is it late night morning?

I'm just kidding, I don't mind because you make me laugh.

Okay, back on topic. I wonder if Disney is still giving free admission to Disney Quest in their vacation packages. Whenever, they stop doing that, then we'll know that they finally have plans for Disney Quest.

And, people totally love the dinner shows. So, I am still hoping for an amazing Marvel Avenger's dinner show or something like that.

They haven't had DQ in their packages for a year now. Not a good indicator.

Siren

Turn it into a slow omnivmover attraction? That's just dreaming.
Wow, @Stark. 12:51AM? It must have been yet another restless night. I have something that will put you right to sleep.

2mydogh.jpg

Tart cherries. Or, so they say. You see what time it is, so obviously I need to try some of this myself. LOL. I'm not going to eat an entire bowl of cherries, though. I may try the liquid concentrate or juice. It's only the weekend, so I'll be back on track by Monday.

Oh, and I think the slow omnimover attraction is a great idea.

They haven't had DQ in their packages for a year now. Not a good indicator.
Hi @Katie G! Thank you so much for the update on DQ. I totally agree that it's not a good indicator. It seems like Disney definitely has plans to either replace or transform DQ.

technically not in the parks avengers mini fortress?
Actually, this could make a great ride -- Disney can establish FastPass and draw people out of the parks and into Disney Springs. And, also tip toe around the whole Marvel in the parks issue.

Siren

I love cherries! But tart cherries? Never heard of em lol
LOL. I thought you were asleep. Well, you should be by now.

But, yeah -- the cherries have to be tart. Trader Joes has some dried tart cherries but I don't know if they would work in the same way. I'll just have to try it.
2ik6x5k.jpg

I bet these taste like sour gummies, though. They have tart cherry everything, but I don't like pills and powders. I prefer to get antioxidants and nutrients from fresh fruit and natural sources whenever possible.

Ugh. Don't even respond to this. You should be asleep. Me, too. LOL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom