Disney Quest Closing?

Jellyfish

I heard about it before going to DW. But to be honest, i forgot to go. It looks awesome though, so hopefully it won't shut 'till i've had another chance to go.

disnyfan89

As even more proof that DisneyQuest isn't closing. Disney, as a part of the Year of a Million Dreams, just sent out about 600 tickets to Disney Cast Members allowing them the chance to visit DisneyQuest twice, both times with three friends, and the tickets don't expire till the End of December. If Disney knew DisneyQuest was closing this year they would have had a smaller window of time till the tickets expire.

kimmychad

Have we been looking at similar threads for years, or is it just the same one resurrected?

IF DQ closes at this point, bring it on. I just want to know what is going to replace it other than a bowling alley I would never use or an ESPN Zone that I could visit in my home town.

lol same one since 2006

Same thread, just almost 2 years old. Must have been a reputable source for the news. There are rumors of this closing going as far back as the closing of Disney Quest - Chicago back in 2004 or 2005. The original plans for Disney Quest included locations all around the US and the UK and South America. This was at a simmilar time when Sony/Universal Stuios had had the same plan for GameWorks. Disney did not want to fall to the competion , so they began a hasty expansion. The Orland Location is all that remains. Gameworks, which went bankrupt in 2004, is now owned by Sega Entertainment. There are about a dozen locations of GameWorks in the US and South America. Disney Quest was built, but closed in Chicago. 1/2 completed, and never finished in Philly, and planned but never started in Toronto and near Disneyland.
This Thread was a result of a Jim Hill report in April 2006, that had DisneyQuest Closing in Jan. 2008 to become a new ESPN sprts bar venture.
Will Disney Quest have a Ten Year Aniversary celebration along with Animal Kingdom?

DisneyMusician2

DISNEY QUEST ROCKS!!!! EXPAND IT INTO AN ENTIRE PARK!!!! YAY :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

I heard a rumor that they were opening another one right next door, just to keep the crowds to a minimum.

coilback

No word on DisneyQuest, but not sure about the fate of PI just yet. I noticed at Property Control the other day that the spot lights for PI are now for sale (up for bids starting at $16,500 and you have to remove them yourself)...

horse12789

disney quest

It would suck if disney quest closed if it did they need to take all the attractions and move it to one of the three parks they should bring the cyberspace mountain to the magic kingdom the jungle cruise raft simulator to magic kingdom aladdins carpet to magic kingdom and pirates to magic kingdom. They can bring sids toy creator to hollywood studios. they could bring the drawing with the instructor to hollywood studios the radio disney song maker to hollywood studios and the easels to hollywood studios. they can bring ride the comix to mk or hs. allien invasion to mk or hs the drum game should go to the beach club arcade and put one at magic kingdom. If it changes to an ESPN Zone the games should still be free to play because thats how disney quest is. the best thing to do is for them to try to make the espn club on the boardwalk bigger. also if they close disney quest that means what ever takes over the spot has to have video games

hokielutz

I'd thought that DQ would be replaced/rethemed before the axe was brought to PI.

My, my.... how things really come at us from way out in left field.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom