Disney Posers

rufio

Original Poster
I feel a little silly saying this, but anyone ever encountered a hard-core Disney poser?

I work with a girl who has talked the talk since I met her. She talked for weeks about how excited she was and how much planning she was doing for Disney World. She just got back from a five day trip. She called me when they got back to tell me all about it for 30 minutes without letting me get a word in. She mentioned the parade at MK and I asked if it was Spectromagic or the Electrical Parade. She responded with "It was the Electrical Parade because there were a lot of lights!" I didn't mention that both had lights... She has made many statements like this over the months that I've known her. Bragging about her WDW knowledge and making some completely ridiculous statement.

I am not trying to deny her right to enjoy WDW or be a jerk about it. She just aggravates me a little with the constant bragging of her vast knowledge and about how she's been a fan for sooooooo long! Today she showed me a picture of Aurora and called her Arial *cringe*

Anyone know people like this?

WEDway1975

popcorn.gif

BiggerTigger

I absolutely love the ones with "insider information". Obviously they know someone well up in the chain to know that Disney is.........
Expanding the Monorail all through Orlando.
Buying Universal Studios.
Tearing down such a ride and adding (fill-in the blank).
Etc.
And I am not talking about the few that we get on the websites, they are many people I know, that find out I am a Disney fan to tell me every insider knowledge they know.

rufio

Original Poster
I get where you are coming from but, not having anyone but my husband (on a MUCH smaller scale) to talk all things Disney, I wish I had a friend or co-worker that shared my love for WDW even if they didn't always get it quite right.

It would be lovely if I were able to TALK to her about Disney, but when I say that she talks the talk, I mean that SHE talks. I am completely unable to get a word in, ever. It's quite annoying, to be honest.

Disneyboy17

There's people here at Disney(work) that are very much like that..... When you go out into the parks for observations for instance I did an observation on DAWM the other day at MK an picked the brain of the Custodial cleaner sweeping popcorn he told me how much he was annoyed of having to listen to the wicked queen from the wizard of the oz on stage but I don't think I used this example correctly in my post....

Marco226

Do the people in those bootleg Disney character costumes that hang around Midtown Manhattan count as posers?

eeww.. creepy...

I feel a little silly saying this, but anyone ever encountered a hard-core Disney poser?

I work with a girl who has talked the talk since I met her. She talked for weeks about how excited she was and how much planning she was doing for Disney World. She just got back from a five day trip. She called me when they got back to tell me all about it for 30 minutes without letting me get a word in. She mentioned the parade at MK and I asked if it was Spectromagic or the Electrical Parade. She responded with "It was the Electrical Parade because there were a lot of lights!" I didn't mention that both had lights... She has made many statements like this over the months that I've known her. Bragging about her WDW knowledge and making some completely ridiculous statement.

I am not trying to deny her right to enjoy WDW or be a jerk about it. She just aggravates me a little with the constant bragging of her vast knowledge and about how she's been a fan for sooooooo long! Today she showed me a picture of Aurora and called her Arial *cringe*

Anyone know people like this?

Yeahh I totally know someone like this. A friend of mine is the kind of guy who you can't correct or else he'll just keep going on and on telling you that you're wrong. One time, we were talking about how cool it was that the Art of Animation resort was opening up soon, and briefly (not trying to be a know-it-all) I mentioned that I liked how Disney decided to redesign that resort into what it is instead of making it part of Pop Century as originally intended.

He was like, "No way! That's not what happened," and I just couldn't convince him no matter what I said. I didn't have a laptop on me at the time, so I couldn't show him the info. There were other Disney conversations that I had with him, and they all ended up the same way: me bashing my head against the table. I felt like the only way to convince him about how wrong he is is to take him to WDW and show him the things that we were talking about, but I wouldn't ever want to hang out with those kinds of people at WDW anyway.. so.. whatever. I just decided to never talk to him about Disney-anything ever again.

Tom Morrow

I can understand that a lot of people don't want to put much thought into the parks one way or another and just want to shut off their mind and escape.

But one thing that really grinds my gears [petergriffin.jpg] is when people can't bother to get the correct names of things. Or bother to learn the very basic storylines of attractions which are laid out for you in plain English. For example, countless people call Test Track "Fast Track", and that is annoying as heck, but even worse, I've seen many grown adults call it a "race track", and actually think the story is about racing. Like, really? You're so dense and self absorbed that you were able to walk through that queue, watch that video, and SIT IN A VEHICLE as tests are performed to it, and you STILL THINK IT WAS A RACE????

Ugh!

Sorry, ranting.

koryadams

haha wow...the people I know who say they are huge Disney geeks, usually know as much as me or more! I would hate having someone around me like that...I would correct them a lot (like I do my mom about WDW stuff lol) But she isn't that bad....yet. lol

real mad hatter

Well my FIL could talk the hind legs off a donkey,but yes,I've friends who came back last year from their 2nd trip to WDW and invited us round to their house to show us their vacation video,yawn,yawn.Then I said " did you go to any of the waterparks " " What waterparks "? Eh Typhoon & Blizzard.And wait for this one " We couldn't find Liberty boat for a sail "Oh yeh,like it's not hard to see,so yes, I do cringe sometimes at some responses for friends,enthusiast yes,knowledge no.

John

Honestly, I thought I was a knowledgeable Disney fan.....till I started visiting this board. Some of you are just ridiculus with your vast knowledge and info. I personally would like to thank those members for helping me become a true Disney geek....my family thanks you....my friends thank you.....my coworkers thank you...oh and just about anybody else that will listen to me....thanks you. LOL Do I walk around with my ears on while wearing an retro EPCOT tee and spew my knowledge.....no, but if someone ask me or if the subject comes up I am not to shy to let some Pixie Dust fly!

rufio

Original Poster
Yeahh I totally know someone like this. A friend of mine is the kind of guy who you can't correct or else he'll just keep going on and on telling you that you're wrong.

lol! This sounds just like the girl at work. Except she does it no matter if you're telling her something is wrong or not. Yesterday we were talking about food. I asked her what cupcakes she'd tried while she was there. She said she had the "giant chocolate butterfinger one." When she stopped talking, I started to tell her I wanted to try the s'mores one next time I'm there. Before I had the word "try" out of my mouth, she was talking about something else.

Honestly, I thought I was a knowledgeable Disney fan.....till I started visiting this board. Some of you are just ridiculus with your vast knowledge and info. I personally would like to thank those members for helping me become a true Disney geek....my family thanks you....my friends thank you.....my coworkers thank you...oh and just about anybody else that will listen to me....thanks you. LOL Do I walk around with my ears on while wearing an retro EPCOT tee and spew my knowledge.....no, but if someone ask me or if the subject comes up I am not to shy to let some Pixie Dust fly!

Oh, I'm with you! I am by no means calling myself a Disney expert! I ask enough questions here for people to know that... And I didn't go into work, guns blazing, yelling about the magic of WDW. She was planning a trip and started counting down the days, loudly, for everyone in the office to hear.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
lol! This sounds just like the girl at work. Except she does it no matter if you're telling her something is wrong or not. Yesterday we were talking about food. I asked her what cupcakes she'd tried while she was there. She said she had the "giant chocolate butterfinger one." When she stopped talking, I started to tell her I wanted to try the s'mores one next time I'm there. Before I had the word "try" out of my mouth, she was talking about something else.

Oh, I'm with you! I am by no means calling myself a Disney expert! I ask enough questions here for people to know that... And I didn't go into work, guns blazing, yelling about the magic of WDW. She was planning a trip and started counting down the days, loudly, for everyone in the office to hear.
Geez , what a boor. You should tell her that you have work to do and walk away.

powlessfamily4

Sorry... your at fault for that one. I would never put up with that. She does it because you let her. I know your just trying to be polite but you can't let people do that to you. The next time she starts hold your hand in front of her face and say "NO". Trust me she will stop talking. Then firmly tel lher that you would love to continue the one sided conversation, but obviously you have been to two different WDWs. Then walk away. I am sure she will hunt you down to ask "what is wrong" you then tell her that you enjoy talking about Disney but that she won't let you get a word in edgewise. Then NEVER indulge her in Disney chat again. It will either make her evaluate what she is doing or drive her crazy. Either way you WIN! :D

ddbowdoin

does anyone watch The League?

I'm exactly like the character Andre. In my primary league (WDW MAGIC) I'm always in last place... since you all know way more than I do.

But to the outside world (my league with "other" friends ala 1st season), I am the MAN! I know a hell of a lot more than your average joe on the sidewalk.

the_league_12836302721594.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom