Disney plus Imagineering

brb1006

Yeah most of them are terrible. I think I’m in the minority around here but one of the only vlogs I watch are Fresh Baked. I enjoy his videos and he isn’t over the top. I like the banter between him and Ian. Bonus points for speaking in a human voice.

Haha no I didn’t even know these guys existed until your last post.
RedLetterMedia and Mr Plinkett has been gaining a lot of attention in recent years. My favorite is the Plinkett reviews of the Star Wars Prequel trilogy.

Little Green Men

So according to the current President of WDI, the original Pirates of the Caribbean is boring for anyone with no nostalgia for it.

So the only thing keeping this attraction that has endured for decades in three different countries, in three different languages, going is...cultural osmosis? What about the children who were not alive in 1967 and didn't ride it for the first time until 1987, 1997 or 2007? Did they just fake their enjoyment to please their parents?

Or maybe anecdotal evidence from a handful of mainlanders with no knowledge of the Disney brand is not the best barometer for attraction quality?
What was actually said was that they brought people from Shanghai to ride the original POTC to see how they felt about it and the Shanghai group felt it was boring to them.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

So according to the current President of WDI, the original Pirates of the Caribbean is boring for anyone with no nostalgia for it.

So the only thing keeping this attraction that has endured for decades in three different countries, in three different languages, going is...cultural osmosis? What about the children who were not alive in 1967 and didn't ride it for the first time until 1987, 1997 or 2007? Did they just fake their enjoyment to please their parents?

Or maybe anecdotal evidence from a handful of mainlanders with no knowledge of the Disney brand is not the best barometer for attraction quality?
Do you have proof the president said this? where is this coming from?

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Yeah most of them are terrible. I think I’m in the minority around here but one of the only vlogs I watch are Fresh Baked. I enjoy his videos and he isn’t over the top. I like the banter between him and Ian. Bonus points for speaking in a human voice.

Fresh Baked is just as bad. he has a orgasim over almost anything. when galaxys edge opened he acted like a proud father like he had anything to do with it just because he filmed contstruciton of it. he has a very elitist and snobby vibe to him. and he likes Incredicoaster and the new redd on pirates which to me makes him have zero taste.

Animaniac93-98

Do you have proof the president said this? where is this coming from?

"If you look at it through the eyes of someone who has no nostalgia for that, who doesn't know anything about it, [the Shanghai guests] said 'Wow, this is slow and boring'. And they said that "I felt like I was looking through little windows and the action was out there somewhere, but I wasn't in it'".

- Bob Weis

This is the quote from episode 6 of the show. The implication by saying this is that anyone who rides PotC for the first time now would think this, and we know that's not true just from how popular the ride is at the four other Magic Kingdoms. Millions of people experience it every year. They're not all APs or people who rode it as children.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

"If you look at it through the eyes of someone who has no nostalgia for that, who doesn't know anything about it, [the Shanghai guests] said 'Wow, this is slow and boring'. And they said that "I felt like I was looking through little windows and the action was out there somewhere, but I wasn't in it'".

- Bob Weis

This is the quote from episode 6 of the show. The implication by saying this is that anyone who rides PotC for the first time now would think this, and we know that's not true just from how popular the ride is at the four other Magic Kingdoms. Millions of people experience it every year. They're not all APs or people who rode it as children.
The little windows thing makes no sense because there are no windows on the boat and you are litterally inches away from the action. so he is either lying or taking a qoute someone made about the subs and applying it to Pirates.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes

I think I rather chew broken glass than listen to that Fresh Baked guy. Maybe even sit through a Defunctland video.

Travel Junkie

- Bob Weis

It's possible it was taken out of context a bit. He was specifically talking about cloning Pirates in Shanghai. He mentioned they took people from Shanghai through Disneyland's and that was their reaction. I can tell you that a clone of DL's Pirates would have flopped in Shanghai.

On the same subject, the Americana aspect of Disneyland would not have worked in Shanghai either. They had to go a different direction.

SuddenStorm

Just wait until my vlog makes its debut. It'll take the fan community by storm...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom