Disney Playing catch up with Universal... Potter Disney's biggest mistake in 20 years...

Sped2424

And since we need some encounters with a few villains in the ministry I feel a certain someone could do.
Dolores_Umbridge.PNG

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Because at one point in the story the Ministry is basically being run by Voldemort and his followers who hate muggle borns as well as muggles. If the Ministry that they hypothetically build is set during this time it would make absolutely no sense that we're being invited as guests. Coincidentally this is also the same time that Escape from Gringotts is set in (the 7th book). Typing this up has actually brought several plot holes with the Wizarding World to my attention. If they do set the Ministry at a different time it wouldn't make sense either way with Diagon Alley and Gringotts being set at a different time FROM THAT and being right next door. Ok, my head hurts now :hungover:
That aspect of the storyline is a weak point in the entire expansion. The timeline is something you just have to accept. Doing an expansion that takes place over seven dynamic years is virtually impossible.

In retrospect, I think it would have worked best if all guests were regarded as witches and wizards instead of this confusion with being magic-performing muggles. All I can really do is keep telling myself it's just a theme park, so not everything is gonna work 100%, and I should just appreciate the amazing rides, food, and atmosphere and accept one or two minor flaws.
And since we need some encounters with a few villains in the ministry I feel a certain someone could do.
Dolores_Umbridge.PNG
I'm pretty sure she's more hated than Voldy himself.

StageFrenzy

I really hate that there was a story at all. I would much rather there be a series of vignettes and let me take it all in. If they do go phase 3 give me a tour of the Ministry of Magic. Make it a "open house" sure something can go wrong in one of the rooms or scenes but don't make the whole ride helter-skelter journey. That's the problem with both Disney universal these days everything has to be an emergency or oh no something went wrong. The best rides at both resorts take the time to set the mood and follow it up with great scenes.

Tom Morrow

That aspect of the storyline is a weak point in the entire expansion. The timeline is something you just have to accept. Doing an expansion that takes place over seven dynamic years is virtually impossible.

In retrospect, I think it would have worked best if all guests were regarded as witches and wizards instead of this confusion with being magic-performing muggles. All I can really do is keep telling myself it's just a theme park, so not everything is gonna work 100%, and I should just appreciate the amazing rides, food, and atmosphere and accept one or two minor flaws.
I kind of wish they would straighten out the issue of whether we are muggles or wizards. Really they would only need to change some of the dialog in Forbidden Journey, and then stop having the team members address guests as muggles.

Also, in my Diagon Alley Reviews thread, I mentioned how I felt that Escape from Gringotts taking place during the biggest event in the history of the bank was cliche' and typical. Outside of the Escape from Gringotts story, very little of Diagon Alley reflects that it is set during Deathly Hallows. Gringotts could have been just as fun if you were just going on a crazy ride through the bank, which also would have made it unnecessary to place Diagon Alley in a different timeline than Hogsmeade.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I kind of wish they would straighten out the issue of whether we are muggles or wizards. Really they would only need to change some of the dialog in Forbidden Journey, and then stop having the team members address guests as muggles.

Also, in my Diagon Alley Reviews thread, I mentioned how I felt that Escape from Gringotts taking place during the biggest event in the history of the bank was cliche' and typical. Outside of the Escape from Gringotts story, very little of Diagon Alley reflects that it is set during Deathly Hallows. Gringotts could have been just as fun if you were just going on a crazy ride through the bank, which also would have made it unnecessary to place Diagon Alley in a different timeline than Hogsmeade.
Totally. I mean, they already altered (or at least liberally added to) the story for the sake of the ride. Who's to say that something else couldn't have happened there before Diagon Alley goes dark?

SpectroMan93

Hogwarts Express has already hit the millionth rider mark.

http://www./photos/photos-hogwarts-...-free-butterbeer-ice-cream-from-diagon-alley/
Geez, 1 million riders within 1 month of opening? Sounds like Universal Orlando will enjoy a serious uptick in attendance, assuming this does not include same-day repeat riders.

hokielutz

I really hate that there was a story at all. I would much rather there be a series of vignettes and let me take it all in. If they do go phase 3 give me a tour of the Ministry of Magic. Make it a "open house" sure something can go wrong in one of the rooms or scenes but don't make the whole ride helter-skelter journey.

Open house???? Didn't work so well for the Imagination Institute.

hokielutz

Hogwarts Express has already hit the millionth rider mark.

http://www./photos/photos-hogwarts-...-free-butterbeer-ice-cream-from-diagon-alley/

So that assumes the ride runs at its full capacity mark of 2400 riders every hour, for an average of 13 hours a day and 7 days a week since its opening day.

So it never once had operational issues during its first month??

biggy H

Geez, 1 million riders within 1 month of opening? Sounds like Universal Orlando will enjoy a serious uptick in attendance, assuming this does not include same-day repeat riders.

Most people I know who have been on it from th UK seem to have ridden it more than once some even 4 or 5 times in one day and most of that time there was less than 10 minutes wait..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom