Disney Playing catch up with Universal... Potter Disney's biggest mistake in 20 years...

Sped2424

It wouldn't be IN Diagon Alley. It would be bedside Diagon Alley where Fear Factor Live is, at least that is the current rumor. With a 2017 timeframe rumored.
Is the scottish area close to the london waterfront? because in the books the MoM was on this corner, at the junction, of Scotland Place and Great Scotland Yard. Would be interesting if they put that there.

Mike S

Is the scottish area close to the london waterfront? because in the books the MoM was on this corner, at the junction, of Scotland Place and Great Scotland Yard. Would be interesting if they put that there.
Interesting, completely forgot about that. A better question would be how they plan to have us enter the place. As far as I know there are no normal doors into it and all the entrances were magical in nature (floo network, toilets, elevator telephone booths etc.)

Sped2424

Interesting, completely forgot about that. A better question would be how they plan to have us enter the place. As far as I know there are no normal doors into it and all the entrances were magical in nature (floo network, toilets, elevator telephone booths etc.)
Telephone booths and Floo network could be the best option, perhaps have people enter a giant chimney, then someone throws the "Powder" green fire flashes the room goes dark (The room is actually an elevator) once your elevator actually reaches the ministry showroom the green fire shows up again blinding everyone as the doors actually open to this hallway.
magic_is_might.jpg

Mike S

Telephone booths and Floo network could be the best option, perhaps have people enter a giant chimney, then someone throws the "Powder" green fire flashes the room goes dark (The room is actually an elevator) once your elevator actually reaches the ministry showroom the green fire shows up again blinding everyone as the doors actually open to this hallway.
magic_is_might.jpg
Great thinking, but maybe the "Magic is Might" statue wouldn't be the best choice since the story of the WWoHP is that we're muggles or muggle born according to Bellatrix in Escape from Gringotts. Wouldn't mix well story wise if the Ministry was inviting muggles during a time where they were basically acting like Nazis to anyone who wasn't a pure blood or at least half blood wizard or witch (I can't be the only one who made this connection).

Quinnmac000

Great thinking, but maybe the "Magic is Might" statue wouldn't be the best choice since the story of the WWoHP is that we're muggles or muggle born according to Bellatrix in Escape from Gringotts. Wouldn't mix well story wise if the Ministry was inviting muggles during a time where they were basically acting like Nazis to anyone who wasn't a pure blood or at least half blood wizard or witch (I can't be the only one who made this connection).

The story is already ruined when we can use wands to create magic....we all just found out with a muggle borns. Just like on Escape from Gringotts...

Sped2424

Oh I was just looking for a picture of the hallyway that contained the floo powder chimneys!
Ministry.JPG

This should be the visual look of things.

Quinnmac000

Being muggle-born doesn't mean one can't use a wand properly to create magic. Hermione is a muggle-born, as was Harry's mother.

I meant that we are wizards just our parents are muggles. Hints why we can buy wands at Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley and use them. Instead of being muggles who are just tourists.

cw1982

I meant that we are wizards just our parents are muggles. Hints why we can buy wands at Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley and use them. Instead of being muggles who are just tourists.

I guess I'm just not following the comment about the story being ruined... what am I missing here? If we learn through Bellatrix that we are muggle-borns, where is the gap?

Quinnmac000

I guess I'm just not following the comment about the story being ruined... what am I missing here? If we learn through Bellatrix that we are muggle-borns, where is the gap?

Mike S comment to Sped. However, there is already a gap between Hogsmeade and Diagon. Because in Hogsmeade we are muggles and Diagon we are muggle born.
Wouldn't mix well story wise if the Ministry was inviting muggles during a time where they were basically acting like Nazis to anyone who wasn't a pure blood or at least half blood wizard or witch (I can't be the only one who made this connection).

Mike S

Because at one point in the story the Ministry is basically being run by Voldemort and his followers who hate muggle borns as well as muggles. If the Ministry that they hypothetically build is set during this time it would make absolutely no sense that we're being invited as guests. Coincidentally this is also the same time that Escape from Gringotts is set in (the 7th book). Typing this up has actually brought several plot holes with the Wizarding World to my attention. If they do set the Ministry at a different time it wouldn't make sense either way with Diagon Alley and Gringotts being set at a different time FROM THAT and being right next door. Ok, my head hurts now :hungover:

cw1982

Mike S comment to Sped. However, there is already a gap between Hogsmeade and Diagon. Because in Hogsmeade we are muggles and Diagon we are muggle born.

Ah. I haven't been to Hogsmeade since the year it opened, and honestly I didn't pay that close of attention to the details of the storyline at the time.

cw1982

Because at one point in the story the Ministry is basically being run by Voldemort and his followers who hate muggle borns as well as muggles. If the Ministry that they hypothetically build is set during this time it would make absolutely no sense that we're being invited as guests. Coincidentally this is also the same time that Escape from Gringotts is set in (the 7th book). Typing this up has actually brought several plot holes with the Wizarding World to my attention. If they do set the Ministry at a different time it wouldn't make sense either way with Diagon Alley and Gringotts being set at a different time FROM THAT and being right next door. Ok, my head hurts now :hungover:

Lol... and this is where Uni is apparently relying on the fact that the vast majority of their visitors will not be big enough HP fans to catch things like that. ;)

BigTxEars

Hopefully the Potter Expansion Wave is done after MoM besides plussing the current attractions. But for the person who said Springfield wasn't that great. Dude, Universal is making a racking off Duff beer, Flaming Moe's and those delicious and incredible Big Pink Donuts. It was a major improvement for what they had before.

Ah yes the giant donuts :)

Mike S

Actually we might be muggle borns in Hogsmeade now too since they added the spots for the interactive wands. But who cares, let's end this discussion before we hurt our heads too much and just enjoy the amazing areas that have been built :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom