News Disney plans to reboot Voyage of the Little Mermaid stage show at Disney's Hollywood Studios

mikejs78

Premium Member
Am I wrong?

I think so. By that logic, nothing can ever be launched early in the year. Plus I'm pretty sure they don't like to launch new attractions close to the holidays (although they have in the past) because it changes up logistics for an already crazy time.

As far as the movie, sure, it could have launched with the movie, but I think plans were originally to just leave this abandoned until some future redo of animation courtyard. So this change in plans is nothing but a good thing - better to not leave attraction space vacant.

Now if you want to complain about the Stitch building at MK, I'll 100% agree with you.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
I think so. By that logic, nothing can ever be launched early in the year. Plus I'm pretty sure they don't like to launch new attractions close to the holidays (although they have in the past) because it changes up logistics for an already crazy time.
Of course, restarting people eater attractions at the busiest time of the year HURTS operations. Got it!
As far as the movie, sure, it could have launched with the movie, but I think plans were originally to just leave this abandoned until some future redo of animation courtyard. So this change in plans is nothing but a good thing - better to not leave attraction space vacant.

Now if you want to complain about the Stitch building at MK, I'll 100% agree with you.
In a company that pukes brand synergy, that move would have been an easy layup at time of release. Unless….

ToTBellHop

I also struggle to understand complaining about a shuttered location finally reopening. I see no downside.

I hope for relatively modest updates here. Given the short timeline, I’d be surprised by anything major.

Have there been any casting calls?

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
I also struggle to understand complaining about a shuttered location finally reopening. I see no downside.

I hope for relatively modest updates here. Given the short timeline, I’d be surprised by anything major.

Have there been any casting calls?
It’s great that it’s coming back. They should have done it a month ago in preparation for busy season. It would have improved the guest experience.

bmr1591

While Little Mermaid and BatB both need to be replaced with new shows, I imagine that won’t happen until the next major HS project demolishing Animation Courtyard. In the short term, there are only a few things that could be coming soon there that would have Steve add that tag. My guess would be a daytime parade returning.

mattpeto

To what though? And not like they can't use things in that park for the younger set. I m an, if going to blow the whole area up and do a big Pixar land or something, sure

If anything I would like to see a big update to Launch Bay
Relevancy for one.

Happy Dance GIF by Xbox

MagicHappens1971

My guess it remains the original and not live action themed. This is an opportunity for Disney to demonstrate it values its original IP formats and stories.
I think it will remain the original for several reasons. Disney has not demonstrated that they are willing to use their live action stories in place of the originals in the parks.

Another is that the classic Ariel remains part of the “Disney Princess” franchise.

Another is that it would be cheaper to refresh the show using existing content. Also as others mentioned they just refreshed the poster with the classic Mermaid.

Lirael

My guess it remains the original and not live action themed. This is an opportunity for Disney to demonstrate it values its original IP formats and stories.
I hope so. My one fear is that they added that one ghost in HM that was a movie tie in, despite it disrupting the flow of the HM narrative, and even though the movie also underperformed

But then again, redoing a whole show is different than throwing in a random ghost statue so I do also think there is little chance of it happening. My one fear is that disney likes to negatively surprise me with its decision making quite often...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom