News Disney plans to reboot Voyage of the Little Mermaid stage show at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Bocabear

the least anticipated addition...lol At this point I could care less about this show... It never really fit the studios...I would rather see them add a Mermaid show to MK to add one decent theatrical show to the Magic Kingdom...back in the Mermaid section of Fantasyland....

Bocabear

I liked the show for what it was. And DHS definitely needs more things, but this is going to be too little too late in many ways.
That is my thought too...I liked the show 20 years ago...then it stagnated and finally closed... Bringing it back will also hamper the use of the Animation courtyard for something really great moving forward... They can't do a new thematic area because they will now be stuck with this Mermaid show there for the next 20 years.... There is just no thought to what comes next for an area that is in desperate need of redevelopment...

gerarar

Premium Member
I’m also among its rare fans. It was actually one of my favourite things to see in all of WDW. I’m very glad they decided not to scrap it after all.
I feel the same way about BATB Live. Loved the movie as a kid, so to hear the songs performed live with amazing choreography is one of my favorite things to do at HS. And the dramatic reveal of Belle in her yellow dress with the timed music never fails.

Realize I’m probably one of few around here that advocates for it, but would hate to see it go. Any replacement of the show would most likely see a downgrade in number of stage performers (sadly). It’s the one show that wasn’t cut down post-Covid with 20 performers on stage.

Besides, HS needs more additions before any replacements, imo.

Comped

I feel the same way about BATB Live. Loved the movie as a kid, so to hear the songs performed live with amazing choreography is one of my favorite things to do at HS. And the dramatic reveal of Belle in her yellow dress with the timed music never fails.

Realize I’m probably one of few around here that advocates for it, but would hate to see it go. Any replacement of the show would most likely see a downgrade in number of stage performers (sadly). It’s the one show that wasn’t cut down post-Covid with 20 performers on stage.

Besides, HS needs more additions before any replacements, imo.
The only reason it continues to stay is because the theater is too small to do anything else with it at this point. If it was any bigger you would have seen a replacement years ago.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Here's a first look at new costumes for the show:

GUjtXVga8AU0kUc.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom