News Disney plans to accelerate Parks investment to $60 billion over 10 years

JoeCamel

Let those riff raff try doing that garbage at WDW. OPD will swoop on them faster than they can count . Disney has a sub station where they can rot.
Got yo dogs at the Sprangs y'all, plenty of time to set up the hibachi and get to cookin'

Dranth

To be honest, I have no desire to visit Universal. Islands of Adventure looks cool, but when I'm in Orlando, I prefer to spend all my time in Disney.
I strongly prefer Disney parks and will not take days out of my Disney trip to go to Universal. Having said that, we will take separate, short trips (think long weekend) every now and then to visit Uni. It is worth a visit if you have never been.

JoeCamel

Long ways from City Walk and think of the motivation needed to go somewhere you know will have security rather than somewhere like Church Street which is in the hood. I spent 20 years in the area and never felt threatened but I grew up in Chicago so gangs never really concerned me.

Lilofan

Long ways from City Walk and think of the motivation needed to go somewhere you know will have security rather than somewhere like Church Street which is in the hood. I spent 20 years in the area and never felt threatened but I grew up in Chicago so gangs never really concerned me.
You must have missed those teenage punks on bikes and walking harassing the guests at Citywalk and adjacent parking garages hence the 18 and under ban UNI enacted on weekend nights with certain exceptions.

Jrb1979

But you've posted you have seen stabbings, tires slashed and teenagers fight in your park and you continue to go, interesting.
I visit the park close 15-20 times a summer. I have seen those things maybe 3-4 times max over 4 years. It basically happens about 1% of my visits.

Lilofan

Like this?
If it is like the experiences I had witnessing the crap that went on at Six Flags then no thanks to visiting regional parks. They may have better attractions but I will pass on the riff raff that supports going to those parks.

Lilofan

Church Street? What tourists even venture over to downtown even with strong OPD presence , slim to none.

Jrb1979

If it is like the experiences I had witnessing the crap that went on at Six Flags then no thanks to visiting regional parks. They may have better attractions but I will pass on the riff raff that supports going to those parks.
How long ago was that? Ever since these policies came into place most of the parks have had little incidences. These policies are working. To be fair a lot of these teen issues happen in the evening or around Halloween events.

Lilofan

I strongly prefer Disney parks and will not take days out of my Disney trip to go to Universal. Having said that, we will take separate, short trips (think long weekend) every now and then to visit Uni. It is worth a visit if you have never been.
Same here , UNI,SW maybe a day trip if even that. Most if not all our time is at Springs, water parks , parks and resorts at WDW. The Disney outlet stores on I-Drive is a good place to get cheaper merchandise.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Surely you have some neighbor or family member that has spent plenty of time in these situations to let you know...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom