News Disney plans to accelerate Parks investment to $60 billion over 10 years

CntrlFlPete

sounds like they need to move Tink's rig, place bleachers on the roof of Tomorrowland Terrace -- ILL for fireworks in the upper stands.

capsshield

Riff raff has become common everywhere. I have a store in a mall in the suburbs of Chicago and we must have police as well as security patrol weekend nights.

It's not an every week thing but I have witnessed 4 fights, 3 of which produced blood in the last 2 years all were teenagers. We also had a smash and grab at the jewelry
store.

Sometimes they park in the parking lot like it's a party.
I'm sorry to say it but that stuff scares the crap out of hard working families.

I won't go to great America here because it's always like that. Unruly undisciplined teens. Last time I went I had to go through metal detectors and a search for knives and weapons.

Worse that park has poor maintenance unlike anything at disney or universal, and Hugh lines with wait times so great your lucky if you can get on 5 or 6 rides. No shows, no family rides, awful food, high prices, and terrible shopping.
It's a shadow of what it was when Marriott ran it.

Lilofan

Riff raff has become common everywhere. I have a store in a mall in the suburbs of Chicago and we must have police as well as security patrol weekend nights.

It's not an every week thing but I have witnessed 4 fights, 3 of which produced blood in the last 2 years all were teenagers. We also had a smash and grab at the jewelry
store.

I'm sorry to say it but that stuff scares the crap out of hard working families.

I won't go to great America here because it's always like that. Unruly undisciplined teens. Last time I went I had to go through metal detectors and a search for knives and weapons.

Worse that park has poor maintenance unlike anything at disney or universal, and Hugh lines with wait times so great your lucky if you can get on 5 or 6 rides. No shows, no family rides, awful food, high prices, and terrible shopping.
Witnessing violence , vandalism would make me think 2x about returning to the location like ( ie stabbings, tires slashed, fights etc ).

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Hey ya’ll, let’s stop the cattiness. It’s not becoming of anyone. ❤️

Unless you’re a kitty cat. Then you may continue.
1707685695628.gif

Jrb1979

store.

We were at that park this past summer and never had any issues. Metal detectors are a normal thing at majority of parks now. We managed to ride just about everything there. They have some of the best coasters in the US. I get it, it's not a theme park anymore and it's focus is thrills.

While these incidences scare some families, it obviously doesn't scare that many as these places have high attendance year in, year out.

My local park that has had fights, stabbings and tires slashed is the highest attended regional park in North America.

capsshield

The way Disney handles its guests entering their parks doesn't make me feel like I'm entering a war zone unlike great America.
Maybe seeing loving families standing in line versus unsupervised kids with their pants hanging so low you wonder how they stay up, swearing and pushing each other Even if friendly has something to do with it

Jrb1979

The way Disney handles its guests entering their parks doesn't make me feel like I'm entering a war zone unlike great America.
Maybe seeing loving families standing in line versus unsupervised kids with their pants hanging so low you wonder how they stay up, swearing and pushing each other Even if friendly has something to do with it
I take it you never been to other parks besides Disney?

Lilofan

Good description. Can one imagine if stabbings and tires slashed were broadcasted to all and still have record attendance at WDW parks ? Apparently from a poster, even after these incidents - highest attendance in a regional park? Go figure.

JoeCamel

Good description. Can one imagine if stabbings and tires slashed were broadcasted to all and still have record attendance at WDW parks ? Apparently from a poster, even after these incidents - highest attendance in a regional park? Go figure.
I had my car burgled at Kidani.....

Jrb1979

Fights happen at Disney too but people still go. I guess it's safe you still go.

capsshield

I've been to more parks than I can count. Hands down most of the time I end up wishing I had gone to Disney no one has done it better yet as far as I've experienced. I'm not saying they are bad experiences but it's like going to a restaurant wanting a t bone steak and you change you mind and go with something else that turns out OK but not up to the quality of that tbone you originally wanted

Jrb1979

I've been to more parks than I can count. Hands down most of the time I end up wishing I had gone to Disney no one has done it better yet as far as I've experienced. I'm not saying they are bad experiences but it's like going to a restaurant wanting a t bone steak and you change you mind and go with something else that turns out OK but not up to the quality of that tbone you originally wanted
I can understand that if that's what you're looking for. For my family when we go to those parks we aren't looking for family oriented rides and theming. We go there for high intensity coasters and thrills

jpinkc

I can understand that if that's what you're looking for. For my family when we go to those parks we aren't looking for family oriented rides and theming. We go there for high intensity coasters and thrills
We go for both. Disney has a bit of both.... Not the greatest coasters but Rock n Roll my daughter loves, Tower of Terror, Everest (come back to us Yeti someday), Space Mountain her first coaster. My son is the chicken, he will go but he just doesnt like coasters :). He does like 7 Dwarfs, and Big Thunder but they arent as aggressive as the other Disney coasters. I think more families are like us. My Kids are 19 and 21 now, and we still bring them with on trips like this. And one wants the thrills and the other wants the experiences with mild thrills. LOL

CntrlFlPete

you act as if no one has ever had their wallet/phone disappear by the pool at any/all Disney resorts -- how about folks whose stroller somehow vanishes at the Magic Kingdom? People still show up though (with their blinders on).

Lilofan

you act as if no one has ever had their wallet/phone disappear by the pool at any/all Disney resorts -- how about folks whose stroller somehow vanishes at the Magic Kingdom? People still show up though (with their blinders on).
Lol. Comparing phone disappearing to you and your family witnessing stabbings/ tires slashed as poster advised.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom