Disney plans hiring freeze, some jobs cut......

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Odd that some guests dream, save and count the days until their WDW vacation to have fun and the flip side the cast going to work everyday to try to find that fun. Times that we live in.
Is this the 453,789 attempt to present that there isn’t a higher cost/less leisure/Diminishing return?

…we’ve been over this…practically no one even disputes it now. It’s not “fictitious”…this is a real development. People can still have fun within their own parameters…

But it’s not the purple dinosaur at Epcot.

And don’t speak for the workers. Walk in their shoes first.

Lilofan

Disney moves at a glacial pace. I'd be shocked if anything concrete happens before March.
Not the way it works. When company announces restructuring or however it’s worded , staff lose their jobs within a few weeks. Walking on a tightrope is how to describe it for me and when I was spared I felt like I won the lottery even when some of my peers and bosses did not make the cut through no fault of their own. Going through a layoff is brutal because you don’t know if it is you or not to get walked out the door by the security team.

pdude81

The main get in that entire deal is xmen and FF for MCU…and avatar but I don’t know what the Cameron partnership deal is?

That’s really it…the rest is unspectacular at best
If assume it's more ****blocking Peacock and Netflix from that content catalog to keep a competitive advantage. They can suddenly roll it all out after they take over Hulu fully

Last edited:

Disorbust

So according to the "layoff" website. SVP of HR told her team they would be impacted. Someone else posted they received their letter friday. So if this accurate, layoffs have started and I am guessing it was planned knowing they needed to react to a bad earnings call.

So not a "glacial" pace.

Tha Realest

So according to the "layoff" website. SVP of HR told her team they would be impacted. Someone else posted they received their letter friday. So if this accurate, layoffs have started and I am guessing it was planned knowing they needed to react to a bad earnings call.

So not a "glacial" pace.
Yep. I’m not sure where the notion that CMs and front line workers wouldn’t be affected is coming from. We need only look back to March 2020 to inform us of how “safe” those jobs are.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
They can't be cutting from the parks - they're making money and already understaffed. The cuts are going to come from the movie/tv divisions.
Do they really need those 2 food registers open when they love mobile ordering? Will 1 suffice? Do they really need all those greeters (let alone greeter 2)? All four Speedway tracks open? Etc etc. Hypothetically of course.

Sure, but make the announcement after the holidays for the sake of those who will be laid off.
Sadly the harshness of these announcements never cares for the calendar.

Laketravis

Original Poster
“We are limiting headcount additions through a targeted hiring freeze,” CEO Bob Chapek said in a memo to division leads sent Friday and obtained by CNBC. “Hiring for the small subset of the most critical, business-driving positions will continue, but all other roles are on hold. Your segment leaders and HR teams have more specific details on how this will apply to your teams.”

He added: “As we work through this evaluation process, we will look at every avenue of operations and labor to find savings, and we do anticipate some staff reductions as part of this review.” Disney has approximately 190,000 employees.

Lilofan

“We are limiting headcount additions through a targeted hiring freeze,” CEO Bob Chapek said in a memo to division leads sent Friday and obtained by CNBC. “Hiring for the small subset of the most critical, business-driving positions will continue, but all other roles are on hold. Your segment leaders and HR teams have more specific details on how this will apply to your teams.”

He added: “As we work through this evaluation process, we will look at every avenue of operations and labor to find savings, and we do anticipate some staff reductions as part of this review.” Disney has approximately 190,000 employees.
If food and beverage further goes downhill in terms of quality ingredients, smaller food portion sizes and watered down drinks then that would not be good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom