Disney PhotoPass Day with special character appearances

JSchnitz

I was hoping for maybe a couple of the DVC character offerings, but who do I think I am? Our idea of "rare" is their idea of "ha never happening".

brb1006

None of these ***SHOULD*** qualify as rare.
Now these are characters are what I think when I think of a "rare character"
f8bdcb04e23a0b4ab9f4337262b266f2--disney-live-disney-disney.jpg
9135539134_29502a4243_z.jpg
5954462487_c5ec48a26b.jpg
90db7243823a82e459b8a0f8e4389f1a.jpg

Last edited:

Herbie

That would be their reason for doing it at DHS, to fill the park for once. These type of things should be scheduled on a regular basis there right now.

Yes. Not "limited" time, but month-long celebrations. Also, another go at the Villains Unleashed Oct event... Again, a month long event as opposed to what 7 hrs or one weekend? That's why the parking situation was so terrible.

brb1006

Roger Rabbit in DHS. Such a missed opportunity. He appears at WDSP from time to time, or at least has in parades and shows before. Also, Oswald.
What is taking Oswald so long to become meetable at the WDW at this point? They already gave a tease of him during the Animation/Movie panel for this years D23.

Bolt

That would be their reason for doing it at DHS, to fill the park for once. These type of things should be scheduled on a regular basis there right now.
Then use a different park for that example. Characters can only do like 50 guests an hour -so you don't want one character who would attract a 1000 people.

IanDLBZF

What is taking Oswald so long to become meetable at the WDW at this point? They already gave a tease of him during the Animation/Movie panel for this years D23.
Disney must've learned their lesson when they brought Anna & Elsa into the parks.

brb1006

Bringing ultra rare characters would just cause a flashback of Limited Time Magic - where the rarest characters came out and every one and their mother came out. Filled the DHS lot and caused 5 hour lines.
I remember when Dr Hamsterviel and Gantu showed up during the Villains Unleashed event and was the only time they were ever seen since at WDW.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
For me personally, the holy grail character to meet is Robin Hood. Hopefully he'll come some time soon.

JSchnitz

Yes. Not "limited" time, but month-long celebrations. Also, another go at the Villains Unleashed Oct event... Again, a month long event as opposed to what 7 hrs or one weekend? That's why the parking situation was so terrible.
I was at the Star Wars Galactic Nights event in April and it was very well run! There is no reason why they can't pull off these type of events more frequently! Bring out these impossible to meet characters and I guarantee you the turn out would be worth it! There is a whole fan base for this type of thing that for some reason they don't care to tap into. Awkward that Disney doesn't see the money on this one!

brb1006

I still view Villains Unleashed as WDW's first attempt at making a Halloween type event outside of MK. I just wish it was handled better.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom