Disney PhotoPass Day with special character appearances

MaximumEd

So wish I could take my 10 year old daughter Autograph Queen to this. She'd freak. But, we live in Alabama and get enough opressive heat and humidity in real life. No way I'm doing it on vacation. Come on, Disney, do this quarterly and I'm there.

Kman101

Huey, Dewey and Louie need to make a return knowing the Duck tales reboot premier next month. It's a missed opportunity.

So does Scrooge. And Launchpad. There was a time when Launchpad would appear at AK at the entrance, but that was probably ten years now.

They could put a Ducktales dance party (since they love those) in the Sunset Showcase at DHS.

brb1006

Paris has a lot of great characters we don't get to see at Disney World! I'm hoping they really open it up as to which "rare" characters they bring out! Not to mention they said they will be out at all four theme parks this year!
I remember Tokyo Disney Resort had alot of "rare" characters to the point that some would later show up at Paris around 2011.

brb1006

So does Scrooge. And Launchpad. There was a time when Launchpad would appear at AK at the entrance, but that was probably ten years now.

They could put a Ducktales dance party (since they love those) in the Sunset Showcase at DHS.
I remember seeing an old image somewhere at Disneyland (Possibly early 90's) that showed Webby at the parks back when the Disney Afternoon overlay existed.

Cmdr_Crimson

I remember seeing an old image somewhere at Disneyland (Possibly early 90's) that showed Webby at the parks back when the Disney Afternoon overlay existed.

Oddly enough....Found this on wikipedia...With the Olsen twins....Um Okay...
latest

And this group shot....
latest

JSchnitz

Oddly enough....Found this on wikipedia...With the Olsen twins....Um Okay...
latest

And this group shot....
latest
How amazing would that be to see that today!!! So cool! Does anyone with knowledge of the costume department have any clue what they do with these old characters? Like do they even exist anymore? Or does Disney dispose of them over time?

GiveMeTheMusic

How amazing would that be to see that today!!! So cool! Does anyone with knowledge of the costume department have any clue what they do with these old characters? Like do they even exist anymore? Or does Disney dispose of them over time?

Most of them are destroyed over time as the costumes decay and typically aren't refreshed with new copies. Or they're destroyed deliberately.

JSchnitz

It would be cool if they would blend all of this kind of stuff into Animation Courtyard! Take One Man's Dream, still showcasing Walt, and have Steamboat Willie, Oswald, the Three Little Pigs and Big Bad Wolf , etc into one spot. Next to that a section for the Disney Junior/ XD portion still featuring their current cast of characters plus like a Disney Afternoon throwback spot. Then finally wrap it back around to the present day IP's where they can tie in the new M&MRR with the new Duck Tales series! Then each section would already have an attraction, those being OMD, the Disney Jr show and M&M RR. Put your movie previews in Launch Bay sprinkled in with nostalgic AA's from the Great Movie Ride and rides of yesteryear and you've got a complete "Disneyland" themed area in their movie park or adventure (whatever they are going to call it). Then all that would be left is to switch out the Mermaid show, which there they could put in the Descendants or whatever to bring in the teen crowd.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom