Disney PhotoPass Day with special character appearances

brb1006

And for the record Meeko is considered rare on the west coast, but is a "pop-up" here in FL.
Same goes for Marie,Clarice, and Thumper who just recently appeared at Disneyland for it's 62nd birthday.

And for the reopening of the Disneyland Railroad with John Lasseter

Herbie

I still view Villains Unleashed as WDW's first attempt at making a Halloween type event outside of WDW. I just wish it was handled better.

Move the Hocus Pocus show, add a Sanderson museum gift shop/cart, maybe toss in a Nightmare Before Christmas ride..... Or, let's be honest, a themed area (Sunset Showcase)... The standard show or two in the Theatre of the Stars, Villainy in the Sky, a new holiday film for MV3D and maybe a handful of decorations for TSL, coupled with ToT, Fantasmic and RnR and you've got yourself a solid enough event. It is that easy Disney D;

Oh and of course the M&Gs, standard holiday treats, etc.

brb1006

I was expecting DVC-party level rare: Sebastian, Darkwing, Launchpad, Clarice, Chicken Little, etc. Aside from Atta, and Maleficent, all the other characters either appear in pop-up, character palooza, training or special events like MNSSHP or Pirates and Pals.
I really enjoyed seeing this one video of Clarice at the Polynesian resort during Easter years ago.

brb1006

Move the Hocus Pocus show, add a Sanderson museum gift shop/cart, maybe toss in a Nightmare Before Christmas ride..... Or, let's be honest, a themed area (Sunset Showcase)... The standard show or two in the Theatre of the Stars, Villainy in the Sky, a new holiday film for MV3D and maybe a handful of decorations for TSL, coupled with ToT, Fantasmic and RnR and you've got yourself a solid enough event. It is that easy Disney D;

Oh and of course the M&Gs, standard holiday treats, etc.
You forgot this

Herbie

You forgot this

I believe that was at the Theatre of the Stars/BatB.. wasn't there, but ive heard it didn't have the best reception (maybe because it was a bit edgy) I'm sure I'd enjoy it though and NBC would be a great property to exploit a bit. Like Mary Poppins, so deserving of a ride.

drew81

What a snoozefest

This is the norm for Florida. The least amount of effort possible.

None of these even qualify as rare. The astonishing lack of effort on WDW's part here is truly incredible.

Quoted for truth.

Bringing ultra rare characters would just cause a flashback of Limited Time Magic - where the rarest characters came out and every one and their mother came out. Filled the DHS lot and caused 5 hour lines.

Yes, but a major part of the issue is Entertainment Management's refusal to change it up. It's their own fault for the craziness if and when someone does come out. If they spread it around from time to time and the craziness would not be as bad. The phrase "that character has a long line" is what Managers try to avoid at all costs. Instead of trying to look at the problem they throw those rares in mothballs and refuse to bring them back.

IanDLBZF

Bringing ultra rare characters would just cause a flashback of Limited Time Magic - where the rarest characters came out and every one and their mother came out. Filled the DHS lot and caused 5 hour lines.
And then we had (cough cough) Villains Unleashed (cough cough)...

Bolt

Quoted for truth.

Yes, but a major part of the issue is Entertainment Management's refusal to change it up. It's their own fault for the craziness if and when someone does come out. If they spread it around from time to time and the craziness would not be as bad. The phrase "that character has a long line" is what Managers try to avoid at all costs. Instead of trying to look at the problem they throw those rares in mothballs and refuse to bring them back.
I'm not disagreeing with you - there could have been things that could have fixed this to make this a different event. What I am just trying to say is specifically about PhotoPass Day and that if you brought the rarest characters out, on that singular day, it would prove to be as crazy as the other events. Yes, if they had other characters out more often it wouldn't happen but as the way the world has worked up until two weeks from now, it probably makes sense for now to just add additional. And yes, I want rarer characters everyday.

IanDLBZF

I'm not disagreeing with you - there could have been things that could have fixed this to make this a different event. What I am just trying to say is specifically about PhotoPass Day and that if you brought the rarest characters out, on that singular day, it would prove to be as crazy as the other events. Yes, if they had other characters out more often it wouldn't happen but as the way the world has worked up until two weeks from now, it probably makes sense for now to just add additional. And yes, I want rarer characters everyday.
And by the way, some of these characters (for instance Meeko) make occasional appearances as "pop-up" characters.

brb1006

Quoted for truth.

I remember at one point when Jiminy meet guests at AK his line was very long.

JSchnitz

This notion that Disney can't bring out these characters because they produce long lines is absurd! They've created this problem for themselves by being so streamline and money hungry. Guests wait in long lines all the time, this is no different. Now this is a product of just that! People will pay big money to go to these events! Now the one time they offer it for "free" it's hardly a unique experience for your savvy park vets. Again if they can demand so much from their guests, in terms of money and planning, the experience should justify just that.

brb1006

This notion that Disney can't bring out these characters because they produce long lines is absurd! They've created this problem for themselves by being so streamline and money hungry. Guests wait in long lines all the time, this is no different. Now this is a product of just that! People will pay big money to go to these events! Now the one time they offer it for "free" it's hardly a unique experience for your savvy park vets. Again if they can demand so much from their guests, in terms of money and planning, the experience should justify just that.
I'm still a bit annoyed that some rare characters can only be found at some DVC events such as Darkwing Duck and recently Clarice. But the most notable for guests getting a chance to see more rare characters would have to be during the "Run Disney" events are various locations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom