Disney Parks to Ban Straws

Mac Tonight

Actually this isn't entirely true,

supposedly the straw was made to help minimize the solid fermentation when drinking beer. Then supposedly the modern straw was created to minimize the taste of rye which was what straws were made from. The plastic straw hasn't been around very long, paper straws were used for many years

I wanna meet the man or woman who drinks their beer through a straw because I have many questions...

Minnie1976

This is getting out of hand----- the town of MT Pleasant SC where we shop has banned plastic bags and plastic straws and single use utensils. My wife took a plastic bag into Kohl's and they would not let her put her stuff in it for fear the gestapo plastic police would fine them 500 bucks. Guess I'll be packing straws for our WDW trip in 2 weeks
That is crazy that I can’t use what I want to use to carry my purchases. Is this hitler’s Germany? It isn’t a gun nor knife, it is a bag. People to stop with the craziness. Like not giving a person anything to carry their purchases out with if they don’t purchase a bag. Totally insane!

D.Silentu

I wanna meet the man or woman who drinks their beer through a straw because I have many questions...
To be honest, a friend of mine with ALS does. Not long ago we were all out celebrating a birthday at a microbrewery and they sheepishly informed us that they had no straws. Fortunately there was a fast food place on the next block where we could snag a few.

Texas84

If we want, place paper wrapped straws on tables (Remember the cool Glass Containers at Malt Shops), if someone wants one, they grab one, if not, nothing is wasted. Let servers ask "Do ypu want a straw?" instead of making the paying customer ask. That is poor service, as some folks need a reminder.

Be smart about it, don't ban it.
I had to ask for the paper straw at Animal Kingdom Lodge a few weeks ago. The CM said they are trying to cut back on those as well.

Darkbeer1

If Disney was serious, they would do what other theme parks do. Sell a refillable container that comes with a reusable straw.

Heck, Universal offers Coca-Cola products. They have Freestyle Machines that have a barcode/RFID reader. If the cup is valid that day, the machine will allow the drink products to be dispensed in a self service fashion. If you try any other cup, the machine won't dispense.

Other parks do similar things.

But this way, no trash, no flimsy lids, no paper cups and no disposable straws to deal with.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
If Disney was serious, they would do what other theme parks do. Sell a refillable container that comes with a reusable straw.

Heck, Universal offers Coca-Cola products. They have Freestyle Machines that have a barcode/RFID reader. If the cup is valid that day, the machine will allow the drink products to be dispensed in a self service fashion. If you try any other cup, the machine won't dispense.

But this way, no trash, no flimsy lids, no paper cups and no disposable straws to deal with.
Don't they still offer these type of sippers in some of the lands (like this one in Carsland) :

NOS654573.jpg

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

magic mountain offers this service. when I went in 2016 so I could ride twisted colossus I got a refillable cup for the whole day. it was soo worth the money.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom