Disney Parks Require Superhero!

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Good Morning Children Everywhere. Wow,what a week this has been.I'am exhausted ducking & diving from various sides.The magic has gone!!! No it's not!!! The attractions are falling apart!!! No there not!!! The parks need spruced up!!! Leave them alone,there ok!!! So this thread is addressed to the Disney newbie who is looking forward to their first Disney vacation. I honestly believe that WDW is still a holiday of dreams where families can have so much fun.Where else in the world can your grandparents along with yourself's and your little ones,walk up Main Street USA all wearing Mickey ears,and not one person will bat an eyelid.So who am I ? Am I the preacher trying to convert the non believers ? Am I Batman trying to save Gotham City ? No, I'am Kick telling you first timers to go and have a magical vacation,and don't believe everything you read on here.Remember " Only those who are willing to see the magic,will find the magic." And before you finally zip up that suitcase,don't forget to pack the most important thing...Your Imagination.;)

emma c

well be my first time this year and dispute all the negative moaning ccomments on here, I cannot wait to go, its somewhere I have dreamed of going since I was a little girl and I know my daughter will thinks its magic regardless of whether a ride needs new paint or there a long que for a ride and im sure if we happen to see a croc walking though a car park she been even more thrilled! I have had some great advice and tips from lots of people on this site and its been a huge help. Just dont see why some people have to argue for the sake of it!

powlessfamily4

well be my first time this year and dispute all the negative moaning ccomments on here, I cannot wait to go, its somewhere I have dreamed of going since I was a little girl and I know my daughter will thinks its magic regardless of whether a ride needs new paint or there a long que for a ride and im sure if we happen to see a croc walking though a car park she been even more thrilled! I have had some great advice and tips from lots of people on this site and its been a huge help. Just dont see why some people have to argue for the sake of it!
T

The great thing about it being your first time is that you have nothing to compare it to so it all is just amazing. This can be achieved when you return by just focusing on having a good time and not spending your precious vacation time looking for something to complain about! ;)
I always have an amazing magical time at WDW!!

Weather_Lady

I agree 100% -- if you're looking for unbridled fun and joy and innocence at Disney World, you'll find it! If you're looking for disappointment and despair, you'll find that, too. There is no such thing as a perfect vacation or a perfect destination -- only a perfect attitude, which overlooks small hiccups and focuses on the big picture. While I'm sure the nitpickers and naysayers are making valid points, the kinds of things they are concerned with are non-issues to someone like me, who visits Disney World infrequently and chooses, like Baloo, to "accentuate the positive" on each long-awaited trip. Whatever changes may have happened over the years, for good and bad, for my family Disney World still outshines and outdoes any other place on earth. Plus, there's these things called Dole Whips... :D

sgtmgd

I agree 100% -- if you're looking for unbridled fun and joy and innocence at Disney World, you'll find it! If you're looking for disappointment and despair, you'll find that, too. There is no such thing as a perfect vacation or a perfect destination -- only a perfect attitude, which overlooks small hiccups and focuses on the big picture. While I'm sure the nitpickers and naysayers are making valid points, the kinds of things they are concerned with are non-issues to someone like me, who visits Disney World infrequently and chooses, like Baloo, to "accentuate the positive" on each long-awaited trip. Whatever changes may have happened over the years, for good and bad, for my family Disney World still outshines and outdoes any other place on earth. Plus, there's these things called Dole Whips... :D

Well said! You read some of the frequent "complainers" that post here and you would think that WDW has become a ghetto held together by bondo and chicken wire.

MerlinTheGoat

You know, we have an ignore button. Granted, just reasonably accepting that people have different views on the matter would be the ideal and more mature solution. But if it's the only way you can enjoy yourself at Disney, using ignore is at least a preferable solution to creating a thread accusing people of lying and rallying other people to post rude comments about us.

No one is telling anyone to avoid WDW or not enjoy yourself. There's a fine point to be made about being happy when you visit WDW. I certainly enjoy myself when I visit. But for many of us, there's also a line we draw to prevent becoming gullible and allowing people people who don't share our love of the parks to exploit both us and the the place we love. We might love WDW and see it as a place to be happy and have fun (something Disney himself certainly seemed to believe). But there are people inside the company that do not share those feelings, seeing the parks and the guests as nothing more than disposable commodities to be used (and sometimes abused) to gain money.

In the end, the "complainers" as I guess we're called just realize that the parks ARE wonderful places that should be under the care of people who respect and adore them as much as we do. They deserve to be treated with loving care. WDW is infinitely more precious and important to me at least (and i'm sure the majority of the people on these forums, positive or negative in their posts) than the object it is considered by the people who are in charge of it (a place to be sucked dry by short sighted parasitic business practices).

Yep y would u go on holiday and look 4 negative things???? just look 4 magic and giggles!
When I visited WDW in 2010, about 13 years since my last visit, I wasn't looking for negative things. I wasn't expecting there to be any of the issues stated on this site, it never crossed my mind to do it. At the time I hadn't visited this site to even give me the idea to go looking for problems. The problems were simply laid out in plain sight and I didn't have a choice in noticing them.

The real problem here is not what people think about WDW (whether good or bad), it's the classic need to attack people you don't agree with. Both sides of the opinion are guilty of having people that have done this. But lately there have been an alarming quantity of people on the "WDW is perfect" side that have attempted to derail constructive and non-aggressive threads by insulting people for being idiots and to shut up for posting something that isn't 100% positive about Disney. There have also been a fair number of topics (in this forum section in particular) that were made with a double purpose of again rallying people into posting rude remarks towards people who don't see the place as flawless.

Well said! You read some of the frequent "complainers" that post here and you would think that WDW has become a ghetto held together by bondo and chicken wire.
And we tend to have our legit reasons for thinking things aren't perfect at WDW, but your embellishment of what we're apparently saying is duly noted. In general though, "complainers" don't tend to come into a discussion devoid of any sort of evidence to back up their statements. The recent discussion about Maelstrom for example (it's far more than an unfounded claim from a "complainer" that the ride was in disrepair)-
http://micechat.com/forums/walt-disney-world-resort/176596-moldy-malestrom-5.html#post1056884383

Magenta Panther

Good Morning Children Everywhere. Wow,what a week this has been.I'am exhausted ducking & diving from various sides.The magic has gone!!! No it's not!!! The attractions are falling apart!!! No there not!!! The parks need spruced up!!! Leave them alone,there ok!!! So this thread is addressed to the Disney newbie who is looking forward to their first Disney vacation. I honestly believe that WDW is still a holiday of dreams where families can have so much fun.Where else in the world can your grandparents along with yourself's and your little ones,walk up Main Street USA all wearing Mickey ears,and not one person will bat an eyelid.So who am I ? Am I the preacher trying to convert the non believers ? Am I Batman trying to save Gotham City ? No, I'am Kick telling you first timers to go and have a magical vacation,and don't believe everything you read on here.Remember " Only those who are willing to see the magic,will find the magic." And before you finally zip up that suitcase,don't forget to pack the most important thing...Your Imagination.;)

Yeah, you just might need a bit of imagination when you see the netting at the Tree of Life and the awnings in Splash Mountain, both of which were put in place to keep pieces of the attraction from falling on the guests. You can use your imagination to pretend that the chunks aren't rotted pieces of infrastructure, they're...pixie dust or something...yeah, PIXIE DUST! Big, lethal, lawsuit-inspiring pieces of pixie dust. Yeah, that's the ticket...;););)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Yeah, you just might need a bit of imagination when you see the netting at the Tree of Life and the awnings in Splash Mountain, both of which were put in place to keep pieces of the attraction from falling on the guests. You can use your imagination to pretend that the chunks aren't rotted pieces of infrastructure, they're...fairy dust or something...yeah, FAIRY DUST! Yeah, that's the ticket...;););)
NO no no it's pixie dust lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom