Disney Parks Require Superhero!

MerlinTheGoat

I think my main issue with people who have an issue with the parks, is that while they MEAN to be talking to the head parts, they have to realize, we're NOT the heads. And the likelihood of them reading your replies on a WDW forum is pretty slim. So it's frustrating when you're all excited about you're upcoming trip and you have someone insinuating you're ignorant, that you're "drinking the kool aid/rose colored glasses/fanboi" and the list goes on and on.

And you're just sitting there wondering...if you really are disliking their negligence of the parks, and you think the only thing they're doing this for is for the money, then put your money where your mouth is and stop going. They'll see a drop in numbers, drop in revenue and maybe the lack of profit will make em think, you know? Instead, you (general you, not speaking with anyone in particular) continue to drop your thousands and just vent your frustrations to Joe Blow or Susie whos asking which stroller to use at the park or some other question/discussion.
Actually it is well known that Disney heads read these forums, or at least Disney has hired employees to do the reading for them and report to the higher ups what is being discussed. Pretty much every disney insider on these forums have made it crystal clear that discussion on these and other forums very much reach the ears of the Disney heads. Whether they do anything about what people complain about is another story entirely, but they certainly hire people with the specific intention of read forums.

No one insinuated you're ignorant either. It's the people who go out of their way to approach and attack us, calling us liars/evil/stupid/etc that are being branded as ignorant and drinking Disney Cool Aid. Those who haven't done this it should be made clear are not being attacked. But there are masses of people like that who derail constructive criticism threads who do these things (CountryBearFan, td129, jt01, Jimmy Thick, Rivers Rowe, etc). They insult us, so we simply insult back. It's simple.

I let my AP expire as of Feburary 2012 and won't be going again for at least some time when there's some sort of improvement. I'm still here because I like staying in the community (when there are people that respect one another and don't make topics or posts that scream "Different opinion? You're evil! it come at me bro!" Lee has rumored that there may be a major change in the management structure at WDW within the next few months. And it will be interesting to see what happens under George Kalogridis' tenure as president of WDW (people seem cautiously optimistic about this change).

Two things that will contribute to my current stance about WDW are (1) the Splash Mountain refurb. I will be monitoring the results of this apparently extensive refurbishment and see how well they do on getting this classic back in the shape it needs and deserves to be in. And (2), D23 in the second half of this year. If all goes well, Hollywood Studios is said to be tipped for some massive restructuring/expansion. A version of Cars Land is rumored, as well as a Monsters Inc coaster. And a couple of people have even rumored (though it's shaky at the moment) that there may be a Ratatouille ride. If anything happens, it will probably be announced then. One or two people have even said that there are plans to start construction in May, BEFORE there's an official announcement. We shall see.

From what has been stated (officially I might add), WDW has already witnessed a decline in attendance. Disneyland and Universal are both up in attendance. So there's a plausible chance that things will be getting better regardless. This year should be an interesting one to see unfold, whether things change or not. I don't want people thinking I have no optimism for the future when I in fact very much do still have immense positive feelings about WDW.

sgtmgd

Actually it is well known that Disney heads read these forums, or at least Disney has hired employees to do the reading for them and report to the higher ups what is being discussed. Pretty much every disney insider on these forums have made it crystal clear that discussion on these and other forums very much reach the ears of the Disney heads. Whether they do anything about what people complain about is another story entirely, but they certainly hire people with the specific intention of read forums.

No one insinuated you're ignorant either. It's the people who go out of their way to approach and attack us, calling us liars/evil/stupid/etc that are being branded as ignorant and drinking Disney Cool Aid. Those who haven't done this it should be made clear are not being attacked. But there are masses of people like that who derail constructive criticism threads who do these things (CountryBearFan, td129, jt01, Jimmy Thick, Rivers Rowe, etc). They insult us, so we simply insult back. It's simple.

I let my AP expire as of Feburary 2012 and won't be going again for at least some time when there's some sort of improvement. I'm still here because I like staying in the community (when there are people that respect one another and don't make topics or posts that scream "Different opinion? You're evil! it come at me bro!" Lee has rumored that there may be a major change in the management structure at WDW within the next few months. And it will be interesting to see what happens under George Kalogridis' tenure as president of WDW (people seem cautiously optimistic about this change).

Two things that will contribute to my current stance about WDW are (1) the Splash Mountain refurb. I will be monitoring the results of this apparently extensive refurbishment and see how well they do on getting this classic back in the shape it needs and deserves to be in. And (2), D23 in the second half of this year. If all goes well, Hollywood Studios is said to be tipped for some massive restructuring/expansion. A version of Cars Land is rumored, as well as a Monsters Inc coaster. And a couple of people have even rumored (though it's shaky at the moment) that there may be a Ratatouille ride. If anything happens, it will probably be announced then. One or two people have even said that there are plans to start construction in May, BEFORE there's an official announcement. We shall see.

From what has been stated (officially I might add), WDW has already witnessed a decline in attendance. Disneyland and Universal are both up in attendance. So there's a plausible chance that things will be getting better regardless. This year should be an interesting one to see unfold, whether things change or not. I don't want people thinking I have no optimism for the future when I in fact very much do still have immense positive feelings about WDW.

Merlin,

Im going to direct this at you specifically so there is no confusion. You have issues with WDW, we get it and you are certainly entitled to your opinions. You took this thread and turned into something it didnt need to be..you were the one in this instance that accused good people here of "attacking" you when that was far from the case..unless I missed it I didnt see any of the afore mentioned people that made disparaging remarks about you or the mass of folks that seem to like to dwell in the neagative. Im glad you profess optimism and wish you well in your Disney or Non Disney ventures. The folks here that post on a regular basis like Hatter, Sue, Deb, Captain Kidd, Vitaini, evilqueen, disneygirl..and the list goes on..they come here daily to get their Disney fix..and interact with folks about "WDWMAGIC" not to dwell in whats wrong with Disney to the point of insulting other people. The majority of us here that have been to Disney often understand that all is not perfect and it will never be perfect. We try to help those folks that come to this site looking for "help" that are planning first trips and have questions about WDW..those people looking for ideas to prepare them for the magic of WDW..You take 10 first time families and put them on Splash Mountain for the first time and ask them after the ride if they enjoyed it...or if they noticed whats was wrong witht he ride. Im guessing the overwhelming response will be positive.

sgtmgd

. Well I never.Your words have gave me strength to carry on the good fight for Disney. Are you standing for president on the next campaign ? Youve got my vote.;)

I concur with what Sue says a little further down the thread..

You are indeed a refreshing pressence here on the site that is named "WDWMAGIC" somewhere where folks generally come to talk about the "MAGIC" of Disney. You do a great job starting daily post that often end in entertaining reading and helpful suggestions. I hope that you continue to do so.

real mad hatter

Original Poster
I concur with what Sue says a little further down the thread..

You are indeed a refreshing pressence here on the site that is named "WDWMAGIC" somewhere where folks generally come to talk about the "MAGIC" of Disney. You do a great job starting daily post that often end in entertaining reading and helpful suggestions. I hope that you continue to do so.
Just read your 62# thread.Yes,to everything.Theres nothing worse than a first timer coming onto this site and reading all the stuff that reqs love & attention.You put into words what I'am trying to say to the newbie much better than I do.Just go out there and enjoy yourself.Life is short enough.All hail the magic,and my hats off to you Walt.:)

DisneyDebNJ

Good Morning Children Everywhere. Wow,what a week this has been.I'am exhausted ducking & diving from various sides.The magic has gone!!! No it's not!!! The attractions are falling apart!!! No there not!!! The parks need spruced up!!! Leave them alone,there ok!!! So this thread is addressed to the Disney newbie who is looking forward to their first Disney vacation. I honestly believe that WDW is still a holiday of dreams where families can have so much fun.Where else in the world can your grandparents along with yourself's and your little ones,walk up Main Street USA all wearing Mickey ears,and not one person will bat an eyelid.So who am I ? Am I the preacher trying to convert the non believers ? Am I Batman trying to save Gotham City ? No, I'am Kick telling you first timers to go and have a magical vacation,and don't believe everything you read on here.Remember " Only those who are willing to see the magic,will find the magic." And before you finally zip up that suitcase,don't forget to pack the most important thing...Your Imagination.;)
Very well said Hatter :::::golf clap::::

MerlinTheGoat

Merlin,

Im going to direct this at you specifically so there is no confusion. You have issues with WDW, we get it and you are certainly entitled to your opinions. You took this thread and turned into something it didnt need to be..you were the one in this instance that accused good people here of "attacking" you when that was far from the case..unless I missed it I didnt see any of the afore mentioned people that made disparaging remarks about you or the mass of folks that seem to like to dwell in the neagative. Im glad you profess optimism and wish you well in your Disney or Non Disney ventures. The folks here that post on a regular basis like Hatter, Sue, Deb, Captain Kidd, Vitaini, evilqueen, disneygirl..and the list goes on..they come here daily to get their Disney fix..and interact with folks about "WDWMAGIC" not to dwell in whats wrong with Disney to the point of insulting other people. The majority of us here that have been to Disney often understand that all is not perfect and it will never be perfect. We try to help those folks that come to this site looking for "help" that are planning first trips and have questions about WDW..those people looking for ideas to prepare them for the magic of WDW..You take 10 first time families and put them on Splash Mountain for the first time and ask them after the ride if they enjoyed it...or if they noticed whats was wrong witht he ride. Im guessing the overwhelming response will be positive.
It does seem that you did misunderstood me in some respects. There's only one person I accused in this thread for being rather inflammatory, Mighty Mouse, for the implication that people who don't think WDW is perfect for being "evil". And the others I mentioned by name are not in this thread, they tend to go into critical threads and quite directly and obviously attack people for posting anything negative. My point was absolutely not to accuse you or others in this thread of doing this, just that this side exists as well.

I mentioned none of the people you listed off whatsoever, I certainly wasn't attacking them. And a lot of the people in this thread are pretty respectful. Though a lot seemed to wonder what the point of focusing on the negative is. That point has been made clearly and concisely. There's nothing wrong with people adoring WDW and focusing on the good, nor is there anything wrong with people expressing criticism. I also made it clear numerous times that first timers should go with an open mind and decide for themselves whether they enjoy it.

The entire thing is- I see nothing wrong with posting constructive criticism. Nor should there be anything wrong with posting positive things about the place. In large I think everyone should simply get along here and come to their own conclusions about the place.

Sharkreef11

Exactly.I'll never forget the time I was on Toy Story Mania with my DS,and the ride stopped half way through.This dude behind me was shouting " Hey!Whats going on here " He was so loud,even other folk in front of me were looking at me,and I'am shaking my head.I just don't get it.:(

Sometimes I like when a ride stops (i.e Haunted Mansion) then that just means I get to stay on it a little longer! ;)

MerlinTheGoat

Sometimes I like when a ride stops (i.e Haunted Mansion) then that just means I get to stay on it a little longer! ;)
I actually agree with that to an extent. Though it depends largely on where in the ride it stops. I was stopped at the Haunted Mansion once in the ballroom scene for quite a few minutes. It provided a good opportunity to get a look of everything going on. Scenes that don't have much to look at aren't very fun though (another time I got stopped in one of the emptier hallways of the Mansion near the clock that strikes 13, twas boring).

I basically understand that breakdowns happen though. As long as there's an effort to keep the ride operating is it's intended, that's all I really care about. Though if a ride is breaking down more than it should (and sometimes evacuating), then there's probably something that needs taking care of.

MightyMouse

LOL.. I didn't think I really had to explain myself. It was sarcasm. A joke even. A pun thrown in the direction towards the Hatter. Hatter knows I have nothing but appreciation for what he brings to the forum. The title of this thread is about Superhero's. SUPERHERO'S!!! There were prior postings of Hatter being Peter Parker etc. There are also postings on these forums stating Hatter is looking at Disney thru a first timers perspective and not that of someone who can pick out flaws because they have been to Disney many times. Also statements in other threads that he therefore looks at Disney thru rose colored glasses. Bottom line is, in a thread started by Hatter looking for a Superhero I was being sarcastic calling him the Rose Colored Prince of Disney. Guess what every Superhero needs? A super Villain. If I alienated anyone out their then let me apologize and change my statement to read "Hatter, the Rose Colored Prince of Disney" vs the "Evil Cute Lovable Soft Cuddly Bunnies". Now guess what? I'm about to read, "How dare you insult poor little bunnies!!!"

Or would it be better if I were to change it to read the "Evil Sinister Trouble Making Troll Of Disney Blogs, Hatter" vs the courageous "Those-That-Have-Nothing-But-Love-For-Disney-And-Wish-To-Express-Themselves-Over-Every-Thread-About-The-Current-State-Of-The-Parks-Until-It-Sinks-In-With-The-Disney-Powers-That-Be-So-Please-Do-Not-Confuse-Me-As-Being-A-Hater"?

Bottom line is Hatter started up one of his charming threads and it quickly turned sour as do a lot of these postings lately.

As far as I see things, people who list the flaws Disney is experiencing... I thank you for pointing them out. Now I know if I go to ride the POTC and it breaks down, I won't be surprised. But guess what? I GET IT ALREADY!!!!!!!! I've read about it over, and over, and over, and over......... And from my point of view, from what I gather is all these debates are not about who loves Disney, who hates Disney, who is right, who is wrong, it's more the people that come on these forums quite often are tired of hearing about the same old problems over and over again.

MerlinTheGoat

Sorry for the misunderstanding in that case.

My only point is that if you're tired of hearing about it, just ignore it. We can all post what we like and just disregard anything we don't want to hear.

MightyMouse

Anyway.. I have to get back to work, don't want to get into a war of words. I just think it's a waste of dead air to be repetitive in statements about the current state of the parks. Or at least have a forum dedicated to those that wish to vent. Personally as a first timer I would rather be looking for tips and answers to my questions. But.. that's just me. To each there own.

Cheers.

MerlinTheGoat

So then why didn't you ignore my post?
Because I mistakenly perceived it as an insult before you corrected me. When I say we can ignore posts, I'm not saying it's simply an excuse to allow people to insult one another. I meant that if you don't like to read certain opinions, you can simply go about your business.

As I said, it was apparently a misunderstanding on my part. But the point about simply ignoring a post is that just because we can disregard opinions we don't agree with or care to see, it doesn't mean people should be allowed to roam around forums and attack people. We have our own internal ability to just ignore posts and make our own decisions if we choose to, or the ignore button in the forum itself, but we also have mods that will deal with blatant offensive posts as well for a reason.

^The above is not an accusation towards you or others in this thread. You simply asked and i'm providing an explanation.

Anyway.. I have to get back to work, don't want to get into a war of words. I just think it's a waste of dead air to be repetitive in statements about the current state of the parks. Or at least have a forum dedicated to those that wish to vent. Personally as a first timer I would rather be looking for tips and answers to my questions. But.. that's just me. To each there own.

Cheers.
And I'd personally feel that both positive and negative threads and posts should be allowed. As long as it doesn't lead to any attacks from people. There are plenty of places out there that cater to a positive outlook and frown upon negativity. This board is great because it lets people express whatever they like. I see no reason to want to stifle criticism, as long as it's not a direct attack on someone else here.

MerlinTheGoat

Silly question....

Where is this 'ignore button" that I keeping reading about??
You can click a person's username. A small window will open up and there's an "ignore" button there. I don't have anyone on ignore personally so i'm not sure how it looks. Though I would assume it just removes all posts from the ignored party from your view.

Jimmy Thick

The dissatisfied opinions tend to be purely constructive (not to mention backed up with well reasoned logic, facts, and even photo evidence at times). And they're not directed towards people on these forums (they're directed towards management and the people running the Disney company). They aren't made with the intention of getting people to argue. If you don't agree with them then that's fine, but it's kind of silly to assume that you're being insulted just because a different opinion exists.

I like grapefruit, but i'm not bothered when someone else doesn't like them at all. And I dislike a lot of types of candy but I don't feel insulted of insecure if someone else likes it. It's when you take it personally that people don't think the same as you where things get nasty and the immaturity starts to rear its ugly head. If you enjoy WDW and don't want to listen to the other side, there's nothing to stop you from simply ignoring them. No reason both sides can't exist if everyone just chooses to act like reasonable and mature adults.

Now there are a rather alarming amount of people who are on the "WDW is perfect" side who post blatantly inflammatory comments that try to rile people up. Jimmy Thick, CountryBearFan, and a number of others come to mind. It's not something that could be misread, these are direct and obvious attempts to cause an argument by posting personal insults directed at specific people. They've derailed threads with pointless and uncalled for rudeness towards anyone that doesn't agree that Disney is perfect.

This for example, a rude comment in this very thread that quite literally calls anyone who has anything negative to say about Disney evil-

I don't believe I have ever insulted anyone or attempted to "rile" people up, simply because, I don't really care. Thats on the individual reader of what they "choose" to comprehend.

Disney World is a vacation destination, millions of people go there to enjoy themselves on vacation, and hopefully enjoy others. Looking too much into a vacation destination is humorous at most and sad to say the least. If you're not enjoying yourself, as some would make people believe, then those people need to be reminded to lighten up.

Thats about it.

Jimmy Thick- Jimmy Thick, Disney World super hero?

MerlinTheGoat

I don't believe I have ever insulted anyone or attempted to "rile" people up, simply because, I don't really care. Thats on the individual reader of what they "choose" to comprehend.

Disney World is a vacation destination, millions of people go there to enjoy themselves on vacation, and hopefully enjoy others. Looking too much into a vacation destination is humorous at most and sad to say the least. If you're not enjoying yourself, as some would make people believe, then those people need to be reminded to lighten up.

Thats about it.
Of course you don't believe you've posted anything like that, it doesn't even cross your mind that posts like these are offensive, even when there's absolutely no way to misinterpret something as an insult like in this post-
To the OP, don't be discouraged a small minority of posters feel its their personal mission to spread the word about the failing of Disney World. They all live in their own personal Fantasyland that reeks of ignorance, bias and the failure of not getting free trips from the Mouse.

Disney has ruled since the creation of the theme park genre, and will do so until the world ends.

Jimmy Thick- * Wipes tear from eye *
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/disney-once-again-showing-why.857392/page-3#post-5250821
Or when you derailed that DHS Carsland thread for numerous pages, including this message in regards to a picture of massive lines of people trying to get to Potterland at Island of Adventures-
And everyone in that picture is going to IOA?

I'll put my money on DHS.

Jimmy Thick- Thank you very much.
The picture and thread for reference-
http://media.trb.com/media/photo/2010-06/54408252.jpg
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/dhs-cars-land.846133/page-157#post-5252935

That's not even to mention all the numerous posts you've made to try to discredit and mock respectable members here who have inside connections about the company including '74, Lee, etc (you've done this fairly recently in both the carsland and avatar threads in news and rumors and claimed they're not really insiders and don't actually have legit sources for anything).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom