Disney parks going Vegetarian?

rat face

I've been a vegetarian for 43 years and its nice to see I have options in the parks these days. That was not the case back in the day. That said meat eaters should have what they want as well. Balance is a good thing. I do find it funny that the Eating Nemo restaurant serves mostly fish. "fish are friends not food" : Bruce

Last edited:

higgipoker

I've been a vegetarian for 43 years and its nice to see I have options in the parks these days. That was not the case back in the day. That said meat eaters should have what they want as well. Balance is a good thing. I do find it funny that the Eating Nemo restaurant serves mostly fish. "fish are friends not food" : Bruce
Yeah as a vegan for primarily moral reasons, of course I’d prefer it if animals weren’t eaten in the parks, or anywhere else for that matter. But it should (and I think eventually will) come down to individuals making different choices so the demand slowly evaporates. I wouldn't want to get there by banning it or forcing it on people.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I've done a lot of vegan and vegetarian places with friends. The over use of allium family items is highly problematic for me. So I'd say as a whole no. One of my saving meals is grilled chicken with salt and pepper or rosemary. Or mac n cheese. It'd be boring to eat mac n cheese all the time unless brunch menus were an option.
We bake meatballs in our mac 'n' cheese. Ymmmmm!

Lilofan

Real-food vegetarian options? Sure. Fake, processed meats? No, I'd rather eat at McDonalds, of which I also don't do. There are soo many good vegan options that are actual food, why would anyone want to trash it up.
If one travels to Oregon that’s the vegan capital of America. A lot of veggie options in Hawaii too. One can get tired of roast pig and fried spam. The breakfast special years ago at McDonalds in Honolulu was miso soup, scrambled eggs , white rice and fried spam.

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

How long until we can't eat vegetables anymore because A.) they have feelings or B.) climate change results in either a worldwide desert or ice age? No meat, no veggies, no food!
There is no evidence that vegetables feel pain. Seeing a truck full of potatoes on a 100 degree day does not make me feel sorry for a living thing.
If one travels to Oregon that’s the vegan capital of America.
Actually.... Nevada and California rank higher on this study with Hawaii and New York being the next on the list.
https://kcr.sdsu.edu/which-u-s-states-are-the-most-vegan/

rat face

Wrong Vegetarians would and so would a lot of people who eat meat. Vegetarians and vegans will never eat meat. Thats why ballance is a good thing. At least non meat eaters can now eat at the parks. I remember when it was bad pizza, popcorn and sugar full stop.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hockey89

Wrong Vegetarians would and so would a lot of people who eat meat. Vegetarians and vegans will never eat meat. Thats why ballance is a good thing. At least non meat eaters can now eat at the parks. I remember when it was bad pizza, popcorn and sugar full stop.
If you think a lot of people who eat meat would go to Disney for a bunch of days to just eat vegan, you are out of your mind....

Prince-1

There are certainly much better options these days for vegetarians/vegans but Disney will never get rid of meat dishes. Nor should they.

Livelovedisney

As a vegan I wouldn’t argue with this. Nobody should be made to do anything, the demand should die out naturally as more and more people make more ethical choices. 😎👍
I have family members that are vegan and having vegan option makes it a little easier for us when visiting wdw. I do wish that they have more options rather than just one or two dishes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom