Disney parks going Vegetarian?

Nottamus

I’ve had an impossible burger that was pretty bad, and other one somewhere else that was pretty good. Couldn’t tell, well, the lack of taste giving grease was the giveaway ( need one more for the tie breaker )

No way does Disney go fully meatless.
Too many fans of cows.

Me, being newly diagnosed with Alpha-gal giving me a red meat allergy, will be in line for Impossible impossibilities of whatever meat they copy next!

Figgy1

Premium Member
I’ve had an impossible burger that was pretty bad, and other one somewhere else that was pretty good. Couldn’t tell, well, the lack of taste giving grease was the giveaway ( need one more for the tie breaker )

No way does Disney go fully meatless.
Too many fans of cows.

Me, being newly diagnosed with Alpha-gal giving me a red meat allergy, will be in line for Impossible impossibilities of whatever meat they copy next!
In general I'd rather eat "whole foods" but like Beyond better than Impossible. They also have a larger range of items from which to choose

TrainsOfDisney

This, although I don’t think it would last long. Wouldn’t work if at least one member of the family (group) insists on eating real meat.
I’m not vegan but I regularly eat at a vegan restaurant and I’m surprised how many families / groups i see who are obviously tourists or traveling through. Look at how many guests visit the Gluten Free bakery at Disney Springs for example - and I’m guessing there are more vegetarians in the world than GF but I’m not sure on that.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I’m not vegan but I regularly eat at a vegan restaurant and I’m surprised how many families / groups i see who are obviously tourists or traveling through. Look at how many guests visit the Gluten Free bakery at Disney Springs for example - and I’m guessing there are more vegetarians in the world than GF but I’m not sure on that.
Percentage wise people with celiac or gluten sensitivity is about 5-7% (estimated) Vegans 2% Vegetarians another 2%. That said the gf bakery is also vegan and yummy so I'm not surprised by the amount of foot traffic they get

Disstevefan1

How would you all feel if Disney atarted only serving "fake meats" in the parks? Im not a vegetarian myself, but Im eating more and more veg options lately and nowadays they are so good you cant tell the difference. I would totally be down if Disney did this, esp at Animal Kingdom at the very least.
Right now it costs more to produce the fake meats but if for whatever reason, the fake meats costs were to drop such it was the lowest cost option, Disney would switch to them instantly to save costs and spin it saying its healthier and they are saving the planet.

Who knows, some day WDW will serve insect based fake meats. There are a lot of "free insects" in central Florida ;)

SteveAZee

I was a vegetarian for over 10 years, and it was because I didn't like meat. At the time, I didn't want meat substitute products, either. Now I have to eat meat products for medical reasons and I have grown to like eat products. Back then, I wouldn't have even eaten the substitutes or lookalike products.
I don't mean to make light of your situation, but I would certainly like to have a note from my doctor saying that I need to eat meat.
Swanson.gif

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
How would you all feel if Disney atarted only serving "fake meats" in the parks? Im not a vegetarian myself, but Im eating more and more veg options lately and nowadays they are so good you cant tell the difference. I would totally be down if Disney did this, esp at Animal Kingdom at the very least.

As a carnivore...

...I'd be ok with this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom