Disney parks going Vegetarian?

higgipoker

I have family members that are vegan and having vegan option makes it a little easier for us when visiting wdw. I do wish that they have more options rather than just one or two dishes.
Yeah it's pretty much one dish per restaurant, which is a bit of a downer when the wife and I have to get the same thing everywhere. Definitely improving though, in 2018 "plant based" wasn't even a thing. At least it's officially recognized everywhere now.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Yeah it's pretty much one dish per restaurant, which is a bit of a downer when the wife and I have to get the same thing everywhere. Definitely improving though, in 2018 "plant based" wasn't even a thing. At least it's officially recognized everywhere now.
It was if you asked nicely but the options are better now

Figgy1

Premium Member
Yes you're right. I mean more that I appreciate the progress of it actually being listed on the app and menu's with it's own icon, and not being treated like I have an allergy every time I order! :cool:
We have allergies including some meat so we're used to it

JoeCamel

Beyond Meat in the parks may be gone, it seems not everyone at the company is vegan....

"Beyond Meat did not respond to requests for comment on reports of the arrest of Chief Operations Officer Doug Ramsey.

Ramsey was arrested Saturday night and charged with third-degree battery and “terroristic threatening” after allegedly biting a man’s nose in a parking garage near a college football stadium in Arkansas.

According to television station KNWA, in Fayetteville, Ark., the altercation occurred in a parking garage close to Razorback Stadium, following a college football game between the University of Arkansas and Missouri State."

Just a little snack after the game....

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Beyond Meat in the parks may be gone, it seems not everyone at the company is vegan....

"Beyond Meat did not respond to requests for comment on reports of the arrest of Chief Operations Officer Doug Ramsey.

Ramsey was arrested Saturday night and charged with third-degree battery and “terroristic threatening” after allegedly biting a man’s nose in a parking garage near a college football stadium in Arkansas.

According to television station KNWA, in Fayetteville, Ark., the altercation occurred in a parking garage close to Razorback Stadium, following a college football game between the University of Arkansas and Missouri State."

COO a cannibal? Beyond Meat. Soylent Green. It's Peeeeople!!!

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member

He just came into the company and will be gone just as soon as the lawyers can get him out

Disstevefan1

Now there's a guy who nose what he wants to eat :D

thomas998

He just came into the company and will be gone just as soon as the lawyers can get him out
He's also been under a lot of pressure... When your company has seen the stock price plummet from 177 to 16 in a couple of years the reality is your working for a company that is likely to be gone soon. Their last conference call they highlighted the reality of how much more expensive their product was than real meat, under 5 for real meat per pound and nearly 9 for their fake crap. Now think about Disney that loves profit, how likely are they to swap out real meat for an imitation crap that is almost double the price. The whole notion that they would ever go pure vegan when it would increase their costs substantially is ludicrous. If someone came up with a fake meat that was half the cost of real meat then I would fully expect Disney to consider making the place vegan only just to make more money. But at the end of the day profit is the guiding force in what the sell in the parks. Lord knows their merchandise doesn't ahve a history of improved quality over the years, rather it is quite the opposite.

GimpYancIent

To be clear, this is how I feel about fake meat:
1663808506250.png

Robbiem

I never understood the: "We can take vegetables and make them taste like an all-beef burger!"

No one ever says, "I can make this meat taste like broccoli!"

Vegetables can be made good and tasty (appealing) all on their own. You don't have to make them into something different and then tell your family to eat their pretend-burger. All you have to do is make a plate of veggies with some seasoning / sauce / whatever and that works all on its own.
I completely agree, I’ve never understood why people want vegie food to be fake meat when it can be good being itself (which sounds a bit like a message from a Disney animation movie).

Im not vegie but I have no problem having a meat free meal if its tasty. Its really easy to eat indian, thai or italian food for example and not miss meat. I’d have no problems with Disney offering this somewhere- maybe an authentic asian vegetarian place in Animal Kingdom or Epcot, either as a cultural representation or a ‘food of the future ‘ thing. Maybe have a veggie stand at some of the food courts in the resorts

An honest question to vegetarians/ vegans. Would you like a dedicated place which doesn’t serve meat in each park or more veggie offerings at more mixed locations that serve meat?

GimpYancIent

Fruits and Vegetables are just fine and consumable as "Fruits and vegetables" they are disgusting as Faux / fake / imitation meat. If something has to be slathered in sauces to be palatable then there is a problem.

bhg469

Fruits and Vegetables are just fine and consumable as "Fruits and vegetables" they are disgusting as Faux / fake / imitation meat. If something has to be slathered in sauces to be palatable then there is a problem.
Bengal Barbeque at Disneyland has a bunch of skewers that they sell, its a walk up in their adventure land. They sell grilled veggies on a stick that would put any fake meat to shame and I am definitely not a vegetarian. Why that hasn't made it here is beyond me(at).

LittleBuford

I completely agree, I’ve never understood why people want vegie food to be fake meat when it can be good being itself (which sounds a bit like a message from a Disney animation movie).
Why not both?

Some vegetarians and vegans like the taste of meat and therefore consume meat substitutes. I’m not sure why that’s so puzzling to some people.

LittleBuford

Fruits and Vegetables are just fine and consumable as "Fruits and vegetables" they are disgusting as Faux / fake / imitation meat.
The bolded is a matter of opinion. The millions of people who purchase and eat fake meat clearly disagree with you.

If something has to be slathered in sauces to be palatable then there is a problem.
What does this have to do with fake meat? Sauces are used on real meat all the time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom