Disney parks going Vegetarian?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
IMHO some of the non-carnivorous meal options are by those who have never tried them before due to not being available where they are from, so that portion is curiosity-driven. Protein is protein no matter its source. If you can provide it in suitable textures, flavors, quantities, and a reasonable price point people will buy and consume it. If it's lacking in one or more of those categories, its a substitute good for something that meets them. This is all before any ethical judgments are imposed. I favor this boundary:

1664575231871.png

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I completely agree, I’ve never understood why people want vegie food to be fake meat when it can be good being itself (which sounds a bit like a message from a Disney animation movie).

Im not vegie but I have no problem having a meat free meal if its tasty. Its really easy to eat indian, thai or italian food for example and not miss meat. I’d have no problems with Disney offering this somewhere- maybe an authentic asian vegetarian place in Animal Kingdom or Epcot, either as a cultural representation or a ‘food of the future ‘ thing. Maybe have a veggie stand at some of the food courts in the resorts

An honest question to vegetarians/ vegans. Would you like a dedicated place which doesn’t serve meat in each park or more veggie offerings at more mixed locations that serve meat?

I think we'd all prefer that a really good veggie/vegan option or two is offered at every dining establishment, not being forced to only eat at once place

esskay

Depends massively on what they do. The impossible (or was it beyond) burgers they did a couple of years back at Food and Wine were bloody amazing, and I say that as someone who's always been pretty against 'fake' meat.

The problem is most places go way over the top on making something vegan/vegetarian and smother everything in stuff not many people like with overpowering tastes (e.g olives, mushrooms, etc). This means they are often totally foreign to someone first trying them, which puts them off for life.

bhg469

Meatless Meatballs, right, sure, ok, whatever you say. :rolleyes:
I have also heard the meatless offering at docking bay 7 was very good too.. I don't see why you'd be dismissive when you've obviously never tried it?

To each their own... Unless they're trying to sell me the wings at the Brew-wing stand during food and wine.. I would probably rather eat tofu wings than that pitiful garbage they serve there.

Last edited:

The Colonel

I've been eating some meatless options at home for years for general health and weight reasons. But not at a theme park. I can take a vacation from my diet as well.

Meat consumption is at all time highs, so I don't think real meat is going anywhere soon. Except in our bellies.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
How would you all feel if Disney atarted only serving "fake meats" in the parks? Im not a vegetarian myself, but Im eating more and more veg options lately and nowadays they are so good you cant tell the difference. I would totally be down if Disney did this, esp at Animal Kingdom at the very least.

No.

As an option for those who prefer them (myself included), yes. But you have to give others the choice.

LittleBuford

For me, they don't, outside of a certain group that has to virtual signal how great they are by being vegan.....
I know such people exist, and they’re much fabled and maligned in threads like these, but it’s interesting to note that the only people who preach and mock others for what they eat in this forum come from the opposite end of the dietary spectrum.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Personally, I care little about what others choose to eat or not eat. I do know that a lot of vegan diets require supplements as they lack sufficient amounts of vitamins B-12, and D, Omega 3 fatty acids, Zinc, Iron, and some amino acids as most vegetable proteins are incomplete. Meats dont have those issues.

Figgy1

For me, they don't, outside of a certain group that has to virtual signal how great they are by being vegan.....
Never, ever said any such thing. I always prepare both types of dishes for any event/holiday I cook for
ooops slight correction, I do say it all the time to dh but it has nothing to do with food
No said as a full vegan!
was my response at the beginning of the thread

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom