Disney Parks Castles Being Removed From Property Entrance Arches

EPCOT Explorer

Classy
resort_main.jpg
Very classy. I like it...it looks tropical and vacation-y.

For the Vacation Kingdom of The World, it's perfect.

Wow! Any idea where this photo was taken? World Drive? Was this sign at the same location as the current archway? I'm guessing no due to the curve in the road in the distance.
Pretty amazing seeing all that undeveloped property!

I think it's the 536, that does not curve. :lol: Sad how I know that.

......not really.:D

MAGICFLOP

I think it was done for 1 or 2 reasons:

1. Disney losing the class action suit filed by all the people whos dreams did not come true (false advertising).

2. Too many of the same people that wanted the wand gone, also wanted the castles gone. (btw watch out Mickey hat in DHS)

PS The boat driver (7 seas lagoon) told me the last one. Bus driver told me the first one. :)

jt04

I think it was done for 1 or 2 reasons:

1. Disney losing the class action suit filed by all the people whos dreams did not come true (false advertising).

2. Too many of the same people that wanted the wand gone, also wanted the castles gone. (btw watch out Mickey hat in DHS)

PS The boat driver (7 seas lagoon) told me the last one. Bus driver told me the first one. :)

Well, you are right about the Mickey hat.

techiegsy

The Disney world gates would be cool if they had this style. With the waterfall in the background like the TDL. It would kinda look like central Florida Haha :shrug: We should send this pic into management :ROFLOL:

Hmmm, The waterfall would get broken after a year or so. Then they would put it in B mode, with a strobe on and air blown across some blue fabric to give the effect of movement.

But seriously, I think something along those lines, maybe with the castle, SSE, the water tower and the tree positioned as silhouettes across the wave or something would look cool?

Exprcoofto

Hmmm, The waterfall would get broken after a year or so. Then they would put it in B mode, with a strobe on and air blown across some blue fabric to give the effect of movement.

Don't forget the triangles! :lookaroun

Honestly though, that's how the entrance to the Walt Disney World Resort should look like. It matches the sunny Central Florida theme and it's very classic. Just put that in the middle between the two roads, and put two smaller fountains on the outer edge with some bright colored flowers. Perfect. :sohappy:

Exprcoofto

Even with Mickey on it, I don't think it looks that bad.

PS "World" is not supposed to be in the Disney font to emphasize "Walt Disney", but I'm sure you knew this.

Yes, I know that :wave: It just didn't look good on a fountain. I fooled around with the Florida Project front type and got this:

25rgfbl.png

I think for a fountain the skinnier the text, the better. With this font it just seems a bit too bulky.

SirGoofy

Yes, I know that :wave: It just didn't look good on a fountain. I fooled around with the Florida Project front type and got this:

25rgfbl.png

I think for a fountain the skinnier the text, the better. With this font it just seems a bit too bulky.

No, that looks amazing!:sohappy:

jt04

25rgfbl.png

Wow! Great job exprcoofto. I definitely like this better. Imagine that lit up at night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom