News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

AJT607

These dates also match the Cast Member Good-to-Go dates. 3 of which are during my upcoming trip, which means combined with the 3 allowed reservations, covers the 6 days we need when other out-of-town friend is visiting... more than 3 days in advance.

That was always one of the most frustrating things. WDW has 4 parks, but CMs were limited to 3 reservations, so you never knew if the 4th park would be available on the day you wanted it (work around was always book MK and DHS days and hope Epcot or AK would be bookable once you used 1 of the 3 reservations).

We do the same thing for our AP reservations where we prioritize MK/DHS reservations, but our fear is always that things like the Epcot festivals will somehow impact reservation availability if we look to make last-minute changes.

nickys

Premium Member
For tickets, such as AP, that require reservations, you are not eligible to park hop until you've scanned into your first park. So if you're an AP with a reservation at Epcot, you can scan in there and then you'll be able to make Lightning Lane selections before 2pm at any park. If you have not scanned into Epcot, you'll only be able to make selections with a return time after 2pm at other parks.
Update: This is now fixed.

Any guests who have purchased the “Multiple Parks” Genie+ option will be able to make attraction selections at any of the four Walt Disney World theme parks starting at 7am.

So AP holders and guests with park reservations can book at any park without having to tap in first.

DCBaker

Premium Member
My Disney Experience now includes a notification on the homescreen on Good-to-Go days for Annual Passholders.

Below is a screenshot of how it appears in the app for me today.

Screenshot 2024-01-18 at 9.35.17 AM.png

Last edited:

hopemax

Thank you. In the past comp tickets were good anytime, they were not subject to blackouts like cm passes.
This is still true. If it is a blockout day for the CM's Main Entrance Pass, comp tickets are still good on those days.

The reservations are more about Disney needing to know who is planning on coming that day. And if there are too many people of a specific ticket type planning on coming that day, the reservation pool can put limits on that. The comp tickets aren't date assigned, so you need the reservation to inform Disney you plan on being there on a specific day.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
My Disney Experience now includes a notification on the homescreen on Good-to-Go days for Annual Passholders.

Below is a screenshot of how it appears in the app for me today.

View attachment 763716
that's a nice addition, but I still think if we have to check, that's not much less difficult that making the reservation

imo any AP holder with a resort reservation, should not have to check or make park reservations, especially DVC members

Fido Chuckwagon

imo any AP holder with a resort reservation, should not have to check or make park reservations, especially DVC members
DVC holders with AP’s are the most unfavorable of the attendance mixes. They aren’t paying for their hotels or tickets in D’Amaro’s eyes, so there’s no reason to cater to them. Disney already has their money (twice!). (I’m a DVC AP holder).

pdude81

DVC holders with AP’s are the most unfavorable of the attendance mixes. They aren’t paying for their hotels or tickets in D’Amaro’s eyes, so there’s no reason to cater to them. Disney already has their money (twice!). (I’m a DVC AP holder).
DVC might be the only reason you can buy annual passes right now. Nobody wants to kill the golden goose.

nickys

Premium Member
DVC might be the only reason you can buy annual passes right now. Nobody wants to kill the golden goose.
They didn’t care about DVC when the parks reopened after Covid.

DVC members with resort stays booked didn’t get to make park reservations until a few days before the re-opening date. Disney only allowed those booking packages to book park reservations.

pdude81

They didn’t care about DVC when the parks reopened after Covid.

DVC members with resort stays booked didn’t get to make park reservations until a few days before the re-opening date. Disney only allowed those booking packages to book park reservations.
I'm not saying they treat us well. The DVC Jambo reopening was a particular sore spot for me.

But what I don't think they'll do is torpedo any hope of future DVC sales by refusing to sell APs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom