News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yes they can.
No idea what you’re getting at. 🙅‍♀️
I’m getting at its confusing as all hell

…always defending the insane

So passholders need reservations…but day tickets don’t
And hotel stays don’t
So if you’re a passholder in a hotel room…you don’t need a reservation…but you don’t have a day ticket…so you need one

Clear as mud

nickys

Premium Member
I’m getting at its confusing as all hell

…always defending the insane

So passholders need reservations…but day tickets don’t
And hotel stays don’t
So if you’re a passholder in a hotel room…you don’t need a reservation…but you don’t have a day ticket…so you need one

Clear as mud
Plus if you’re a hotel guest but have group tickets, you also need reservations.

But anyone can park hop at any time so it makes the park reservations useless. And they’re just a nuisance if you change your mind and have to tap in to your reserved park first.

And don’t forget if you have an AP and it’s a “good to go day” you don’t need a reservation. But if you have one, no doubt they’ll make you use it.

Yep, this is just pure 🐂💩 . It’s like they just don’t want to admit there is no point to them anymore.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Plus if you’re a hotel guest but have group tickets, you also need reservations.

But anyone can park hop at any time so it makes the park reservations useless. And they’re just a nuisance if you change your mind and have to tap in to your reserved park first.

And don’t forget if you have an AP and it’s a “good to go day” you don’t need a reservation. But if you have one, no doubt they’ll make you use it.

Yep, this is just pure 🐂💩 . It’s like they just don’t want to admit there is no point to them anymore.
…you finally sound like me

…I love you…Will you marry me? 😍

But seriously…my take (just that) is this is a smokescreen to not allow APs into the park to not have the lines completely collapse

It will be fastpass+, paid…and with worse numbers

AmishGuy91

You always could

You just can’t book them for a time prior to 2 pm

The Lightning Lane return times Touring Plans showed were all before noon.

Seen further clarification. You can book your lightning lanes for anytime only if you're eligible to park hop. So for date-based tickets that do not require reservations, you can book any time for any park(s) you've bought Genie+ for. For tickets, such as AP, that require reservations, you are not eligible to park hop until you've scanned into your first park. So if you're an AP with a reservation at Epcot, you can scan in there and then you'll be able to make Lightning Lane selections before 2pm at any park. If you have not scanned into Epcot, you'll only be able to make selections with a return time after 2pm at other parks.

nickys

Premium Member
I've seen that reported, but TouringPlans was able to. LLs in three different parks before noon.
There was definitely a glitch first thing. It was behaving as it did before, the return time had to be after 2pm if you tried to book in a different park to the one you booked your first LL in.

Looks like it might have been fixed a couple of hours ago.

nickys

Premium Member

Seen further clarification. You can book your lightning lanes for anytime only if you're eligible to park hop. So for date-based tickets that do not require reservations, you can book any time for any park(s) you've bought Genie+ for. For tickets, such as AP, that require reservations, you are not eligible to park hop until you've scanned into your first park. So if you're an AP with a reservation at Epcot, you can scan in there and then you'll be able to make Lightning Lane selections before 2pm at any park. If you have not scanned into Epcot, you'll only be able to make selections with a return time after 2pm at other parks.
That last part is still wrong though. AP holders do still need reservations but they can hop at any time. So they should be able to book at any park, at any time, whether or not they’ve tapped in.

But that might explain the reported glitch, if AP holders hadn’t tapped in to their park.

Last edited:

CntrlFlPete

so, as a local AP holder, if I want to stop by Epcot for lunch during fARTs, I need to log in, check if it is 'good to go' that day (when they say this replaces 'bonus days' does that mean 'good to go' will be PARK specific and not the whole resort??Unless all parks are good to go that day.

Anyway, I eat lunch before 2 PM so if Epcot is not shown as good to go, I need to check for a reservation and make one -- if there are none, I need to check the status of another park, go through the turn styles at a park that has a res or a good to go -- then hop over to Epcot.

When I plan to go to a park after two, I have to recall if I am heading to MK, if I am, I need to remember if it is a SAT or SUN for then, well, see above but change Epcot to MK for MK has its own rules.

easy, save like the last time I went to Epcot before 2 PM for the first time in a long time -- I imagine it was to grab lunch during some festival -- we got the blue light from the Mickey Head -- told we did not have a RES -- we walked over to the side, made park RES -- went in to look for something to have for lunch.

CntrlFlPete

oh, DVC is just like a FL resident save you agreed to buy 50 years (or is it 30 years?) worth of points -- your $$ was upfront -- I imagine they sold DVC so well that they've moved a lot of folks from Deluxe stays -- anyway, I imagine Disney was paid in full when someone joins DVC, you all maintain the building and you contribute to travel services (I imagine you lot really do contribute more when it comes to bus/monorail systems).

But now you are no different than a FL res, I recall DVC building where you could make your own meals, you choose to eat at a park or resort -- like a FL res.

You can stay on your DVC points and never visit a Disney park -- your choices are to visit Disney (or any other FL location -- beaches, theme parks, whatever) it is up to Disney to draw you in, to bring you out to spend $$ at their locations. I imagine you lot hurt the AP numbers in that you visit the parks for a week, maybe four, depends on how many points I guess while other APers spend less per day, but visit many more days meaning some might just be spending more for Disney's current quarter.

mattpeto

so, as a local AP holder, if I want to stop by Epcot for lunch during fARTs, I need to log in, check if it is 'good to go' that day (when they say this replaces 'bonus days' does that mean 'good to go' will be PARK specific and not the whole resort??Unless all parks are good to go that day.

Anyway, I eat lunch before 2 PM so if Epcot is not shown as good to go, I need to check for a reservation and make one -- if there are none, I need to check the status of another park, go through the turn styles at a park that has a res or a good to go -- then hop over to Epcot.

When I plan to go to a park after two, I have to recall if I am heading to MK, if I am, I need to remember if it is a SAT or SUN for then, well, see above but change Epcot to MK for MK has its own rules.

easy, save like the last time I went to Epcot before 2 PM for the first time in a long time -- I imagine it was to grab lunch during some festival -- we got the blue light from the Mickey Head -- told we did not have a RES -- we walked over to the side, made park RES -- went in to look for something to have for lunch.
I expect this be much simpler in practice honestly.

Once a day is good-to-go, it's not going to reverse course.

I'd expect nearly all weekdays to be GTG months ahead. Besides the handful of dates we all know the parks get slammed, the weekends will be true the question mark. Will most weekends be GTG?

Fido Chuckwagon

Lol, although minor, this is another way they are screwing AP's.

DCBaker

Premium Member
The first set of Good-To-Go dates for Annual Passholders have been released: January 16, 18, 23, 24, 28 and February 1.

Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 5.56.41 AM.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom