News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

aladdin2007

why bother with this if you have to check the system anyway? They either need to just stick with the reservations or axe it all together (except during holiday periods maybe), but if you have to take the time to check if its a freebie day its no different than taking the time to go into the system and make a reservation, might as well just make a reservation like we have been doing. I don't get it I say either require it or don't, but this back and forth,,,its all unnecessarily complicated.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
why bother with this if you have to check the system anyway? They either need to just stick with the reservations or axe it all together (except during holiday periods maybe), but if you have to take the time to check if its a freebie day its no different than taking the time to go into the system and make a reservation, might as well just make a reservation like we have been doing. I don't get it I say either require it or don't, but this back and forth,,,its all unnecessarily complicated.
Exactly. They just continue to make things more complicated without taking into consideration what the guests have to go through to attempt to enjoy a vacation there vs before

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
So convoluted. But I’m sure the vloggers are content.
First time- in ever- I am leery and not as excited for my upcoming (group) trip to WDW.
unfortunately I know that feeling all too well... I couldn't get enough of it at one time, and now each trip it feels stressful and frustrating at times which is not what a vacation should be, especially when being there should be escaping stress in real life

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
1706103792791.png

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
The amount of money they allegedly save from more efficient operations outweighs the increased guest dissatisfaction. (They're still arrogant enough to think that the guests will still come). AP Holders are at the bottom of the food chain and are only thought of when the parks need them to compensate for slow periods. Most importantly, it allows them to control, plan, and adjust capacity dynamically to ensure the most cost effective use of cast members and operations for any specific day.

dmw

In the Parks
No
So convoluted. But I’m sure the vloggers are content.
First time- in ever- I am leery and not as excited for my upcoming (group) trip to WDW.
yeah... we were planning to take the grands for the first time this Sept. I was dreading having to figure this all out. Then their mom said she wanted to be the first to take them to WDW so we pivoted and instead we are taking the grands on a DCL Halloween cruise. The cruise has its own share of planning challenges, but at least they are not constantly changing.

nickys

Premium Member
yeah... we were planning to take the grands for the first time this Sept. I was dreading having to figure this all out. Then their mom said she wanted to be the first to take them to WDW so we pivoted and instead we are taking the grands on a DCL Halloween cruise. The cruise has its own share of planning challenges, but at least they are not constantly changing.
Except the ages of the kids club which changed with immediate effect.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Disney has released the next round of good-to-go days for Annual Passholders: February 5, 7, 8, 12 and 13.

View attachment 765195

The fact that EVERY date on this calendar has availability for EVERY park for two+ months out yet they still insist on this system for non-date based tickets and AP holders is absolutely insane.

IncrediPass holders should not need reservations.

People staying on property regardless of ticket type should not need reservations.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The fact that EVERY date on this calendar has availability for EVERY park for two+ months out yet they still insist on this system for non-date based tickets and AP holders is absolutely insane.

IncrediPass holders should not need reservations.

People staying on property regardless of ticket type should not need reservations.
We should be seeing the weekend of Presidents' Day 'filling up' soon. Get your reservation now.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I’m excited for the next round of lawsuits that Disney confidentially settles when they black out AP’s while continuing to sell day tickets.
Black out dates aren't an issue. When you buy an AP with blackout dates, you know what dates you can't use the AP.

The issue was running out of reservations for non-blackout dates for APers, while day tickets were still being sold.

JohnD

Disney has released the next round of good-to-go days for Annual Passholders: February 5, 7, 8, 12 and 13.

View attachment 765195
Until you know when the Good to Go Days are, it looks like we might as well continue making park reservations, particularly if a visit is farther out. I assume this has already been answered, but if a Good To Go Day falls on a day with a park reservation, is the reservation automatically cancelled and goes back into the available reservations for the AP level?

JohnD

If Disney is only going to go out 2 weeks ahead of current date for this, its really is worthless for me as I plan months in advance with my pass. I will continue to make the park reservations.
Right. We have no choice. I'm planning for a trip in March. No Good to Go Days yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom