News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

FictionForest

Welcome to the club. We have reservations at BLT for 12/26 - 01/02. Only my wife and I have Annual Passes. All of our children and grandchildren are still locked out from buying any tickets. I'm really concerned that Disney wont give customers staying onsite any consideration. Very uncaring, and certainly no where near magical. 😥
I pepper the DVC chat and phone lines everyday for an explanation. They give none. I have told them "this is less than magical"

EdnaMode

Does anyone know: If we have a resort stay and park passes booked for that, are we able to use our AP's to book three days at a future time that's not associated to any booking?

EdnaMode

Not if you’ve already made 3 selections for the resort stay. AP’s can make up to 3 park pass selections OR the number of days of a resort stay. Not both.

Thank you! I just cancelled 3 of our 8 passes for the resort stay so I could add 3 days later on. Thanks again.

Joel

Anybody else notice that Studios availability for resort guests for the entire week of 7/19-7/25 disappeared all at once yesterday? Kind of peculiar, no?

DCBaker

Premium Member
For resort guests, it appears on reopening day for DHS, more availability has opened?

Screen Shot 2020-07-03 at 4.16.56 PM.png

JohnD

So now Disney is catching up by charging for four months of payments for APs. I see it’s pending on my credit card. I already requested my March credit be backed out. Now I’m charged April-July. So when the hell is my pass going to be extended? Park reservation system is open. My pass expires 10/11. My trip brings 10/19. WTH?!!!!’

Jefro

So now Disney is catching up by charging for four months of payments for APs. I see it’s pending on my credit card. I already requested my March credit be backed out. Now I’m charged April-July. So when the hell is my pass going to be extended? Park reservation system is open. My pass expires 10/11. My trip brings 10/19. WTH?!!!!’

Evidently they are aware :bored: :jawdrop::arghh: As much as that is helpful.

disneygeek90

Time to open up more AP slots. As much as Disney would like to tell themselves they can rely on hotel bookings, they can’t. Not with all these travel restrictions dropping down, as well as the spike in Florida.

Jefro

Time to open up more AP slots. As much as Disney would like to tell themselves they can rely on hotel bookings, they can’t. Not with all these travel restrictions dropping down, as well as the spike in Florida.

Especially as Chicago just went online for 14 day return quarantine to the 14 or so states that are spiking. Expect more of the same from places like Seattle etc. Pretty soon the population base of America will be restricted from going anywhere without a quarantine when they get home. It's all we have known here, and it definitely locks down the travel. They have a motivated base of APs that want to visit and spend money regardless. I'm sure the data supports the base ticket vs AP buckets, but not necessarily in times like these.

Millionaire2K

NO, now is the time to sell tickets to guest who have confirmed they WILL be visiting and staying at a Disney resort. Many hotel guest who plan to visit still need tickets. Many Hotel Park Reservation availability still exist because many can't make a Park Reservation because they need tickets. Once 2020 tickets are sold to hotel guest, availability should start to disappear.

Also since DVC can book hotel stays in 2020 and no one else can, I think Disney is trying to figure out how to handle this advantage if they started selling them 2020 tickets.

Jefro

NO, now is the time to sell tickets to guest who have confirmed they WILL be visiting and staying at a Disney resort. Many hotel guest who plan to visit still need tickets. Many Hotel Park Reservation availability still exist because many can't make a Park Reservation because they need tickets. Once 2020 tickets are sold to hotel guest, availability should start to disappear.

Also since DVC can book hotel stays in 2020 and no one else can, I think Disney is trying to figure out how to handle this advantage if they started selling them 2020 tickets.

Maybe entice the APs with guaranteed slots if they book a room?

Millionaire2K

Maybe entice the APs with guaranteed slots if they book a room?

Rooms are not an issue, Disney has to many rooms booked vs park availability. Preventing tickets sales for 2020 can thin out the resorts to a level on par with Park Reservation system. Currently no 2020 rooms are bookable unless you are DVC.

Jefro

Rooms are not an issue, Disney has to many rooms booked vs park availability. Preventing tickets sales for 2020 can thin out the resorts to a level on par with Park Reservation system. Currently no 2020 rooms are bookable unless you are DVC.

Got it. So, short term win, mid-term loss (with the loss of APs who want to use passes they paid for, but cannot, so they request the refund option), with a long term middling hopeful kinda view (they'll be back....maybe)

BLJ66

Not until they open up 2020 ticket sales for guest with existing reservations first. There is a ton of us just waiting for them to do so. There are DVC members like me as well as cash guest that are hoping/praying we can purchase tickets before our stay is upon us!

disneygeek90

Not until they open up 2020 ticket sales for guest with existing reservations first. There is a ton of us just waiting for them to do so. There are DVC members like me as well as cash guest that are hoping/praying we can purchase tickets before our stay is upon us!
When is your stay? I have a hard time believing they’re booking July-sept very well right now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom