News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

raymusiccity

2 said they would not want to go unless they knew 100% they could get park tickets.
Agree 100%. Makes absolutely no sense that guests going to the parks can't purchase tickets. Disney made such a big deal during this run up, advising everyone: ' Be sure to link your resort stay to My Disney Experience! '
Well, we've done that, but, maybe we'll start selling you tickets later this summer! Why is Universal not having any problems? 😢

FictionForest

Agree 100%. Makes absolutely no sense that guests going to the parks can't purchase tickets. Disney made such a big deal during this run up, advising everyone: ' Be sure to link your resort stay to My Disney Experience! '
Well, we've done that, but, maybe we'll start selling you tickets later this summer! Why is Universal not having any problems? 😢
IT MAKES NO SENSE! I've been badgering the Disney Chat for the past two weeks trying to get an answer.

JohnD

I would think Disney could handle cases like the APs not being extended as case-by-case issues. It is Disney's fault the problem is occurring, and it is within their power to resolve them. I know this is an unusual time, but it appears to me that Disney wasn't prepared for this opening.

Yeah. I tried. My pass expires October 11. I have a resort reservation starting October 19. The Park Reservation System went live June 22. I need the extension in order to make my park reservations. I got the run around several days ago. I called the main VIPassholder line. After more than an hour they finally answered and I was told there was nothing they could do so they transferred me to the Monthly Pass line. After another hour and a half, they told me there was nothing they could do and said they were going to transfer me to the resort line because I had a resort reservation for October 19 and I should be able to be helped out with my AP extension. Before the transfer, I asked, "How are they going to help me? Their first question will be, 'Do I have ticket media?' When I tell them, 'No', they are going to say they can't help me and will want to transfer me back to the AP line." So, they transferred me anyway. When my wait on all calls approached 4 hours, I had had enough and hung up.

Last edited:

KikoKea

Yeah. I tried. My pass expires October 11. I have a resort reservation starting October 19. The Park Reservation System went live June 22. I need the extension in order to make my park reservations. I got the run around several days ago. I called the main VIPassholder line. After more than an hour they finally answered and I was told there was nothing they could do so they transferred me to the Monthly Pass line. After another hour and a half, they told me there was nothing they could do and said they were going to transfer me to the resort line because I had a resort reservation for October 19 and I should be able to be helped out with my AP extension. Before the transfer, I asked, "How are they going to help me? Their first question will be, 'Do I have ticket media?' When I tell them, 'No', they are going to say they can't help me and will want to transfer me back to the AP line." So, they transferred me anyway. When my wait on all calls approached 4 hours, I had had enough and hung up.
That is inexcusable on Disney's part.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Epcot is the only availability left for passholders in July.

Screen Shot 2020-07-01 at 8.42.41 PM.png

Mikey73181

I hope they open up ticket sales for at least July soon. I am going July 21-July 31. Was originally only going until July 26, then going to Disneyland for a few days, but with Disneyland not opening yet we are going to stay at WDW longer. I had no problem adding the extra days to my hotel stay, or changing my flights to stay a few more days, but now worried they wont open ticket sales. Part of me is hopeful at the fact that since none of my days have "sold out" yet with the park pass reservations, that soon they will open up tickets for those days. I just don't want to get to my dates and get down there and still not have 6 park days to fill, or if they take to long to open sales that those days end up selling out.

Magic Feather

I’m a little curious as to what the availability calendar would look like if every category shared one higher availability calendar. Probably the first few weeks booked solid, but not much else.

techgeek

I’m a little curious as to what the availability calendar would look like if every category shared one higher availability calendar. Probably the first few weeks booked solid, but not much else.

I have a completely unsubstantiated suspicion that Disney’s resort booking numbers have completely fallen off a cliff after the first couple of weeks. No Halloween party, very slow rollout of hotel re-openings, the resort availability calendar looking wide open...

There has to be some very real concern floating around that people might not show up... for many real reasons.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I have a completely unsubstantiated suspicion that Disney’s resort booking numbers have completely fallen off a cliff after the first couple of weeks. No Halloween party, very slow rollout of hotel re-openings, the resort availability calendar looking wide open...

There has to be some very real concern floating around that people might not show up... for many real reasons.
I mean that’s what has happened at UO, Seaworld and Legoland. So maybe unsubstantiated but certainly not unfounded.

Millionaire2K

The concern is not on Disney's end. They have refused to sell 2020 hotel guest tickets. So they are doing nothing to encourage guest to stay booked in 2020. It kind of feels like Disney is waiting as long as possible to sell 2020 tickets for a few possible reasons.

1. Simple, just to make sure those with tickets had plenty of time to make park reservations.
2. To hope that guest who can move their trip to 2021 will, so that to many hotel guest don't get shut out of Park Reservations and be upset.
3. In case they have to close again in 2020 they don't have to deal with helping refunding more tickets and fixing more plans.

These are just a few reasons can think of. I'm sure there are more.

I hope Come July 11th Disney opens 2020 tickets maybe just for guest with hotel reservations till the end of July. Then near the end of July do the same for Aug. Then continue that process for the rest of 2020.

erstwo

The concern is not on Disney's end. They have refused to sell 2020 hotel guest tickets. So they are doing nothing to encourage guest to stay booked in 2020. It kind of feels like Disney is waiting as long as possible to sell 2020 tickets for a few possible reasons.

1. Simple, just to make sure those with tickets had plenty of time to make park reservations.
2. To hope that guest who can move their trip to 2021 will, so that to many hotel guest don't get shut out of Park Reservations and be upset.
3. In case they have to close again in 2020 they don't have to deal with helping refunding more tickets and fixing more plans.

These are just a few reasons can think of. I'm sure there are more.

I hope Come July 11th Disney opens 2020 tickets maybe just for guest with hotel reservations till the end of July. Then near the end of July do the same for Aug. Then continue that process for the rest of 2020.

I'm a little confused. I thought Disney had opened up ticket sales so people could book their park days? Is that not the case? When I go to the availability calendar, there are maybe 3 days a month into 2021 open? I thought the point of the online availability calendar was so people could go to the calendar and decide whether or not to buy tickets? (Because if they wanted to go say - August 12 but August 12 was already grey and not blue, then you'd know not to buy a ticket)

I have an offsite December 2020 trip. I figured I would just cancel because the calendar shows every day of my trip as being full already. Is there still hope I might be able to get tickets?

jinx8402

I have an offsite December 2020 trip. I figured I would just cancel because the calendar shows every day of my trip as being full already. Is there still hope I might be able to get tickets?

What calendar are you looking at? The parks are not full at all in December.

mickeymiss

Will guests arriving in July and August get any kind of rescheduling assistance if the parks close again? Or will park pass rebooking for next year likely stay pretty open?

BLJ66

I'm a little confused. I thought Disney had opened up ticket sales so people could book their park days? Is that not the case? When I go to the availability calendar, there are maybe 3 days a month into 2021 open? I thought the point of the online availability calendar was so people could go to the calendar and decide whether or not to buy tickets? (Because if they wanted to go say - August 12 but August 12 was already grey and not blue, then you'd know not to buy a ticket)

Ticket Sales are NOT open for 2020 dates. You can only purchase park tickets for January 1st 2021 through Sept. 2021 at the moment.
Currently if All parks have availablity from Sept 2020 onwards. It is only July & Aug 2020 that have some parks full for the various categories of guests (AP availability being full the most). At the current rate of bookings, If you want to go in Sept 2020 or later I believe availability will not be an issue, except maybe around Christmas time.

toolsnspools

I had 2 DVC rooms booked. We have a couple friends who were going to travel with us that didn't have APs. There was no chance they could buy tickets, so they cancelled. At least all my points were returned to me, even when cancelling under 30 days. They were pretty adamant about no ticket sales, so I don't think they will ease up any time soon.

raymusiccity

DVC resort reservations booked MONTHS ago and we still can't buy park passes. Im so sick of this.
Welcome to the club. We have reservations at BLT for 12/26 - 01/02. Only my wife and I have Annual Passes. All of our children and grandchildren are still locked out from buying any tickets. I'm really concerned that Disney wont give customers staying onsite any consideration. Very uncaring, and certainly no where near magical. 😥

FictionForest

I had 2 DVC rooms booked. We have a couple friends who were going to travel with us that didn't have APs. There was no chance they could buy tickets, so they cancelled. At least all my points were returned to me, even when cancelling under 30 days. They were pretty adamant about no ticket sales, so I don't think they will ease up any time soon.
!ts getting to the point where there is no sense in even staying in the DVC. Look what booking reservations and paying yearly dues got us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom