News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

DCBaker

Premium Member
More bonus reservations added this month for Annual Passholders.

EPCOT - May 9, 16, 23
Animal Kingdom - May 10, 17, 24

IMG_BD7114C836A9-1.jpeg

jpeden

In the Parks
No
They must really be hurting attendance wise to give out that many bonus reservations on weekends

I know it’s a Wednesday but I’m here now and MK is pretty dead. Outside of the usual suspects that have long lines (PP, HM, SDMT, SM, JC) everything has been <30 minutes with most being 10-15 minutes.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Doesn't May usually start off slow then get busier around mid-month as schools and colleges get out for the summer? I wonder what could account for this odd lack of demand… 🤔😉
Well everyone knows my tinfoil hat theories NEVER come true…

Like AP sales and open rooms all over property were linked….and dvc is building because they can’t give the perception they’re not selling…which they aren’t…

But consider these “bonus” passes.

1. They’re wide open. All days and category. Fact. Check it now. No yellow on Memorial Day, june, July 4th etc.
2. Da hell? This doesn’t make sense.

So what’s going on? In the short term…they’re trying to track and allocate labor.

So? They’re trying to make more money.
Agree to a certain extent…but that’s not the game here.
They’re trying to make it seem like they’re necessary at all. And they aren’t. That’s the danger for them…not staffing or gift shop sales.

This is where it should be. You show up wherever and adjust. That means some days the magic kingdom and undersized mgm are bugnuts. Call in the reserves.
And it’s such an awful system that it worked for 47 years at ridiculous billion dollars profits (that Florida gets steady sugar cuts from…but that’s another issue)

Bob don’t want that and he will LIE to you everyday about it. Alert the SEC.

Demand must be WAY down. Like recession down. Plenty of indication of that. Because they have not added capacity. Not at all much to cover iger’s strategy of making everyone miserable so they’ll pay their way out of it for upsells.

Reward them…buy those 95 degree august Halloween tickets!! You only live once and have the time to go to Orlando 150 times 👍🏻

Or maybe ask them to pay YOU back a bit for you’re loyalty? Crazy thought.

Anyway…I’d bet the farm that there won’t be discounted dvc annual passes coming in the next few months.

And then I’ll need a new farm 🚜

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
The lack of demand isn't affecting selling out the After Hours events, tho.
Couldn't sellouts be manufactured by simply making fewer reservations available? Just a thought, but maybe they want to give the impression, either to the public or the higher-ups at Disney, that the After Hours events (as a paid event, rather than free EMH) are a great success.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Couldn't sellouts be manufactured by simply making fewer reservations available? Just a thought, but maybe they want to give the impression, either to the public or the higher-ups at Disney, that the After Hours events (as a paid event, rather than free EMH) are a great success.
AH's existence is based on fewer reservations. Always has been. How much more can they reduce reservations simply to make it look like that WDW is still popular?

Cool conspiracy theory, tho.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
AH's existence is based on fewer reservations. Always has been. How much more can they reduce reservations simply to make it look like that WDW is still popular?

Cool conspiracy theory, tho.
So which D&D character are you playing on this?

So after hours has a reputation of being an “escape from the crowds”
…I’m sure that wasn’t Disney intent at all. Can’t be.

So what happens when word spread the crowds aren’t there during the day and you don’t have to ride mine train at 12:27 am with your 6 year old?

There’s an intelligence lag with Disney travelers…we all know…they have no idea what’s happening. “Major credit cards accepted.”

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Doesn't May usually start off slow then get busier around mid-month as schools and colleges get out for the summer? I wonder what could account for this odd lack of demand… 🤔😉

Well everyone knows my tinfoil hat theories NEVER come true…

Like AP sales and open rooms all over property were linked….and dvc is building because they can’t give the perception they’re not selling…which they aren’t…

But consider these “bonus” passes.

1. They’re wide open. All days and category. Fact. Check it now. No yellow on Memorial Day, june, July 4th etc.
2. Da hell? This doesn’t make sense.

So what’s going on? In the short term…they’re trying to track and allocate labor.

So? They’re trying to make more money.
Agree to a certain extent…but that’s not the game here.
They’re trying to make it seem like they’re necessary at all. And they aren’t. That’s the danger for them…not staffing or gift shop sales.

This is where it should be. You show up wherever and adjust. That means some days the magic kingdom and undersized mgm are bugnuts. Call in the reserves.
And it’s such an awful system that it worked for 47 years at ridiculous billion dollars profits (that Florida gets steady sugar cuts from…but that’s another issue)

Bob don’t want that and he will LIE to you everyday about it. Alert the SEC.

Demand must be WAY down. Like recession down. Plenty of indication of that. Because they have not added capacity. Not at all much to cover iger’s strategy of making everyone miserable so they’ll pay their way out of it for upsells.

Reward them…buy those 95 degree august Halloween tickets!! You only live once and have the time to go to Orlando 150 times 👍🏻

Or maybe ask them to pay YOU back a bit for you’re loyalty? Crazy thought.

Anyway…I’d bet the farm that there won’t be discounted dvc annual passes coming in the next few months.

And then I’ll need a new farm 🚜
All signs point to a very soft summer.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I think your information is outdated. It used to be inferior product but it's the same stuff now.

The stuff in the stores is the same as what’s in the parks now? They weren’t in September, the park bars were still the premium offering with better chocolate and ice cream.

If the bars in the stores are the premium bars, I’m fine with that (and it’s long overdue). If the opposite is the case now, I’m dusting off my pitchfork and lighting my torch.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Indeed. Room discounts into the fall, suddenly APs are for sale again, DVC building more… well, 2 out of 3 ain’t bad. 😉

Plus DVC inventory (outside of studios) is almost wide open the rest of the year, and park reservations have few dates unavailable. Soft summer, indeed.
There was a guy I knew who got a ressie on short notice over an upcoming holiday weekend and a 5 minute phone call to dvc yielded complimentary 5 day hoppers…

…but that probably means nothing?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom