News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

arich35

We are buying an annual pass but already have park reservations for our trip May 2nd-7th. Will I be able to keep those reservations or have to make new ones? Also will I be booking from the annual passholder reservation availability or resort reservation availability?

JohnD

I'm not aware of any block out dates in April - May after Easter anyway, so what additional reservations could you get?

cjkeating

If you are a resort guest with an AP, you book from the “Resort Guest with AP” allotment.
Do you know which allotment this is most similar to as I don't think this allotment can be viewed without an Annual Pass? I would assume it is most similar to the "Resort Guest with Tickets" allotment?

I am hopefully purchasing an AP tomorrow and have a DVC booked but currently my reservations are linked to a ticket.

SingleRider

Do you know which allotment this is most similar to as I don't think this allotment can be viewed without an Annual Pass? I would assume it is most similar to the "Resort Guest with Tickets" allotment?

I am hopefully purchasing an AP tomorrow and have a DVC booked but currently my reservations are linked to a ticket.
I believe offsite APs and AP resort guests share the same bucket, but resort guests can book for length of stay. I remember trying to book a reservation that had availability for ticket holders with a resort stay and wasn’t able to since I was an AP resort guest and that day/park was unavailable to APs.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I believe offsite APs and AP resort guests share the same bucket, but resort guests can book for length of stay. I remember trying to book a reservation that had availability for ticket holders with a resort stay and wasn’t able to since I was an AP resort guest and that day/park was unavailable to APs.
When was this?

I experienced this glitch in 2020 (after parks reopened) when the “Resort Guest with AP” category was not a choice and I had to use the AP category. A park was unavailable for AP holders, but the resort concierge was able to switch my reservation for the park I wanted.

They knew at the time it was an unfair situation for resort guests with APs.

Soon afterward APs had the two options to choose from and over many visits the (nearly) last three years, I have never not gotten the parks I want on the days I want. I do book in advance during busy times (just I visited Easter week.)

That’s why I believe “Resort Guests with AP” do not share the same bucket as APs, but likely share with “Resort Guests with Tickets.”

correcaminos

When was this?

I experienced this glitch in 2020 (after parks reopened) when the “Resort Guest with AP” category was not a choice and I had to use the AP category. A park was unavailable for AP holders, but the resort concierge was able to switch my reservation for the park I wanted.

They knew at the time it was an unfair situation for resort guests with APs.

Soon afterward APs had the two options to choose from and over many visits the (nearly) last three years, I have never not gotten the parks I want on the days I want. I do book in advance during busy times (just I visited Easter week.)

That’s why I believe “Resort Guests with AP” do not share the same bucket as APs, but likely share with “Resort Guests with Tickets.”
This was true for March for me. Swapped out days. As an AP holder, my bucket for MK was gone due to Tron. Tried to change but couldn't. I know in the past this happened once and I called and they swapped but it took from AP availability, not Resort Guest availability.

Last edited:

IanDLBZF

Point Remember GIF

Just a reminder that effective tomorrow, starting at 2pm each day, WDW APs will be able to visit the WDW Theme Parks without a park reservation, with the exception of Magic Kingdom on Saturdays and Sundays.

aladdin2007

I would love to see this be moved to 12pm, same for the AP no-reservation entry - the later can also go to all-day on weekends and holidays.
agree, its ridiculous they hold people till 2pm, what difference is it going to make if its earlier like at 12, 1 or 130 etc, people could be in the park spending. Its just a asinine policy. All the people camping out at international gateway for instance waiting till 2 is unnecessary.

Last edited:

Touchdown

Think of all the lost lunch sales at the festival booth!

Yes I’m serious, the park I would be most likely to hop early is Epcot, come on Disney!

gerarar

Premium Member
agree, its ridiculous they hold people till 2pm, what difference is it going to make if its earlier like at 12, 1 or 130 etc, people could be in the park spending. Its just a asinine policy. All the people camping out at international gateway for instance waiting till 2 is unnecessary.
I'm sure the current 1pm VQ drop windows factor in keeping the 2pm restriction. If the 2pm park hop time moves earlier (or better yet goes away altogether), they should revert back to having a single VQ drop window in the AM.

And imo, go back to the 2019/early-2020 virtual queue system where guests have to scan into the park to get a BG. Eliminates the 7am headache and confusion for the average guest, and gets people to the parks earlier to start spending $!

I remember during Dec 2019, my family and I spent $20+ on breakfast alone (Starbucks or whatever is available) as we got to the park early to wait to reserve our BG. When we visited again in 2021, we got our BGs from our off-site hotel and didn't get breakfast in the parks as we went straight for rides (like Rat since our BG was called by then).

Also, BGs won't run out in seconds. It would take minutes and hours for all the spots to fill up as the demand equates the current foot traffic in the parks.

Touchdown

How just drop the VQ. GotG can handle its crowds now and Tron has the TL-SBC path that is rarely used to put an extended queue. There is no reason to micromanage guests.

ChuckWagon

How about this? - Just quit over-selling the parks. The sell limits should be much much lower. If that means raising the price, they should do that. But the parks have become unenjoyable. And lately they've become filthy. Just a glorified 6 flags right now.

pdude81

Because you have to be in the park before 1 to qualify for the second VQ. Also if you could go anywhere you want at 12, there is a much reduced need to even have park reservations. I don't like them, but if they have to use this junk I think the 2pm hop is the best we are going to get.

Touchdown

Because you have to be in the park before 1 to qualify for the second VQ. Also if you could go anywhere you want at 12, there is a much reduced need to even have park reservations. I don't like them, but if they have to use this junk I think the 2pm hop is the best we are going to get.
Works fine in CA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom