News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

Heelz2315

True. I was being too optimistic.

All WDW APs will be cancelled.
A totally new WDW AP program introduced all tiers will be higher cost, various perks removed.
Right now, all levels of WDW APs had free parking.
I truly think that will be going away for all tiers except the top, very expensive tier, AND park pass reservations are here to stay.

And this new top tier WDW AP, oh boy is this going to cost you!

This was going to happen at WDW anyway, this lawsuit will just speed it up.

Are there any rumors they’re going to cancel the AP?

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Disney is highly unlikely to cancel any existing memberships/affiliations that would trigger a refund. If they change the program that much, they'll let existing APs run their course. Significant changes to ticketing are coming late this year/early next year.
Whatever it is, it will cost more and it won't be good for AP holders. (Modeled after the Magic Key)

I'm betting the new ticketing integrates quite tightly with Park pass and some tier of passes or tickets that do not make use of the park reservation system.

Disstevefan1

Disney is highly unlikely to cancel any existing memberships/affiliations that would trigger a refund. If they change the program that much, they'll let existing APs run their course. Significant changes to ticketing are coming late this year/early next year.
Just saying they did it a DLR which had a much higher population of APers.

Disney Glimpses

In any event, I can tell you for sure they are not ending the Annual Passholder program at Walt Disney World. But significant changes are coming as it pertains to both annual passes and day tickets as they relate to resort affiliation, park hopping, DVC, etc. I don't know what they are only clues that only some of us will be making reservations next year and those who are not (or chose to not) will pay for that privilege.

Disstevefan1

Under 100-year extenuating circumstances, yes. In this situation, waiting out existing passholders is really not a big deal. 12 months flies on a corporate timeline.
The 100-year extenuating circumstances are EXACTLY why we are here today.
I really hope I am wrong, but WDW APs as we knew them will be gone.
The corporation literally told us more than once they do not like APs

Disney Glimpses

The 100-year extenuating circumstances are EXACTLY why we are here today.
I really hope I am wrong, but WDW APs as we knew them will be gone.
The corporation literally told us more than once they do not like APs
Oh, I don't think you are wrong about that. I just don't think they will go ahead and cancel existing APs. It's not true that they don't like APs. They don't like some APs. They very much like the out of state APs. This is mostly unique to WDW. Of what I have heard, it's not really pleasant and mostly impacts Floridians.

ToTBellHop

Oh, I don't think you are wrong about that. I just don't think they will go ahead and cancel existing APs. It's not true that they don't like APs. They don't like some APs. They very much like the out of state APs. This is mostly unique to WDW. Of what I have heard, it's not really pleasant and mostly impacts Floridians.
I’m sure this is why they already have a carve out for APs staying on-site. I’ve never had an issue getting a park reservation with my AP while on-site. Basically, if you can book a room, you can get park passes. And Disney is fine with people who have APs and stay on-site 3 or 4 times a year while vacationing.

Disstevefan1

I think the problem is, the Disney Data folks place all guests who enter the park with an AP into the same bucket, no matter how much money I spent in the park ON EVERY VISIT! - Rant over ;)

Disney Glimpses

I think the problem is, the Disney Data folks place all guests who enter the park with an AP into the same bucket, no matter how much money I spent in the park ON EVERY VISIT! - Rant over ;)
I can assure you they don't. Their messaging is just an attempt to not single out locals. When in reality: when they speak negatively about APs they are talking about locals who often pay as little as $20 per visit and don't spend another dime during those visits.

Disstevefan1

I can assure you they don't. Their messaging is just an attempt to not single out locals. When in reality: when they speak negatively about APs they are talking about locals who often pay as little as $20 per visit and don't spend another dime during those visits.
The problem is, when they take action to change the AP programs it effects ALL APs the big spenders and the cheapos.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Unless the economy goes south and then they need the locals to prop everything up.

But surely this golden age of unprecedented demand will never come to an end!

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
In any event, I can tell you for sure they are not ending the Annual Passholder program at Walt Disney World. But significant changes are coming as it pertains to both annual passes and day tickets as they relate to resort affiliation, park hopping, DVC, etc. I don't know what they are only clues that only some of us will be making reservations next year and those who are not (or chose to not) will pay for that privilege.
Im speculating that AP purchases resume for DVC and locals and anyone who wants a platinum equivalent, with a price hike of course. Resort Guests or select resort guests will be able to hop or bypass park reservation. Non resort guests will have to pay extra to hop and/or still be limited to park pass.

Disstevefan1

Unless the economy goes south and then they need the locals to prop everything up.

But surely this golden age of unprecedented demand will never come to an end!
The economy is bad right now, but there will always be enough folks with money to fill the parks no matter the economy. Not sure WDW ever needed locals. WDW is a international vacation destination..

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
The economy is bad right now, but there will always be enough folks with money to fill the parks no matter the economy. Not sure WDW ever needed locals. WDW is a international vacation destination..
This is not 2008. Parks got killed then.

We’re in a weird limbo state right now with the economy. It’s bad but without the feeling that it’s bad. Perhaps a post Covid hangover.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom