News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

bhg469

We all do. :)

You either have a number if your park reservation is associated by ticket or you can associate by reservation.

Today when I went to change a reservation, I noticed both of us had our own park reservation and number, indicating separate park reservations.
When I changed the reservation, I linked us to the resort stay instead of ticket and now it shows as the two of us on one one park reservation instead of both having our own.

I hope that made sense.
We had dinner last week at brown derby, and we don't dine on property often at all but when we brought out our card for the AP discount, the waitress needed to see my number and expiration date in the app.. That was a first for us.

dreday3

We had dinner last week at brown derby, and we don't dine on property often at all but when we brought out our card for the AP discount, the waitress needed to see my number and expiration date in the app.. That was a first for us.

I think that's different? I can now see a number attached to our park reservations in MDE, when there wasn't one before. I think it's like I said above, that is with a park reservations associated with a park ticket. For reservations associated with resort stay, no number.

It's weird.

Never mind, I see a number associated with both kinds.

Carry on!

aladdin2007

Yesterday I had no problem anywhere showing the pass, one or two asked for a license and that was no big deal.
But I got chewed out at World of Disney. She wanted to see the app only, which I dont have on my phone because it doesnt work. And I got reprimanded like I was in third grade. I should have demanded to see a manager right then and there, could kind of kick myself for not doing so now. For some reason she chose me to pick a fight with but that just should not be happening to anyone.

Last edited:

dreday3

Has anyone attempted to modify a park reservation yet? Especially those with tickets/resort stays?

For some reason, I can only cancel, not modify. I see other people have been able to modify. If you can, can you screenshot what it's supposed to look like? thanks!

Patcheslee

We all do. :)

You either have a number if your park reservation is associated by ticket or you can associate by reservation.

Today when I went to change a reservation, I noticed both of us had our own park reservation and number, indicating separate park reservations.
When I changed the reservation, I linked us to the resort stay instead of ticket and now it shows as the two of us on one one park reservation instead of both having our own.

I hope that made sense.
Hoefthings get straightened out in the next few days. 3 in our party and 30 separate reservation numbers. We booked a package, but I'm not sure with the current setup I'd want to risk modifying 1 person at a time. Knowing everyone else's luck DD14 when we travel, would be in a different park and show no availability for the rest of us lol

dsinclair

Has anyone attempted to modify a park reservation yet? Especially those with tickets/resort stays?

For some reason, I can only cancel, not modify. I see other people have been able to modify. If you can, can you screenshot what it's supposed to look like? thanks!
I went in to look at how the current setup looks and it shows park reservations for how I most recently had setup our park days, and my initial reservations. SO for example, on day one it show all three of our party with reservations for Hollywood Studios (how I initially booked the trip) and Magic Kingdom reservations (the park I switched us to a few week back). There must have been an artifact in their system that populated both reservations when they made the change today. I imagine it will be fixed soon.

Ayla

Answered above - you just need a park reservation, not to that specific park! So we can go to AK that day and hit Epcot extra hours that night.
Yes. :) When we did Deluxe Extra Hours in May, they scanned our bands at every ride to make sure we were eligible. We were already in the same park, so I'm not sure how they do entry.

hopemax

I think I hate this:

"Park Pass reservations are now associated with a ticket, not a guest. This change means a guest can have a Park Pass reservation for different tickets they may hold, such as a single-day ticket and an annual pass. Previously, this required multiple profiles within a single My Disney Experience account, leading to a complicated error-prone setup."

You have to actually GO to Animal Kingdom and click in that morning, but otherwise that should work.
This is good. It should solve the issue we had in May 2021 with my Dad’s Main Entrance Pass. Because of all the limitations, and the importance of the first post-vaccination trip, we bought 4 day park tickets and made those 4 reservations as soon as I got my first shot in March. Then before the trip, they lifted blockout date for Main Entrance passes on a few days so my Dad tried to make a park reservation. The system told him he couldn’t because he had reached his limit of 3 reservations. His *paid* admission prevented him from using his entitlement.

It sounds like this means he gets his 3 reservations for Main Entrance Pass + additional reservations if he buys a regular guest ticket (say for days he knows will be blocked out like an Anniversary). We had thought about it for the 50th since Covid was still a big thing, but once we realized it would prevent him using his Main Entrance Pass until those paid ticket reservations were used ie May-Sept we were, “hell, no.”

MagicHappens1971

This is good. It should solve the issue we had in May 2021 with my Dad’s Main Entrance Pass. Because of all the limitations, and the importance of the first post-vaccination trip, we bought 4 day park tickets and made those 4 reservations as soon as I got my first shot in March. Then before the trip, they lifted blockout date for Main Entrance passes on a few days so my Dad tried to make a park reservation. The system told him he couldn’t because he had reached his limit of 3 reservations. His *paid* admission prevented him from using his entitlement.

It sounds like this means he gets his 3 reservations for Main Entrance Pass + additional reservations if he buys a regular guest ticket (say for days he knows will be blocked out like an Anniversary). We had thought about it for the 50th since Covid was still a big thing, but once we realized it would prevent him using his Main Entrance Pass until those paid ticket reservations were used ie May-Sept we were, “hell, no.”

Yea and previously if you were a CM with an annual pass you had to have them on separate MDX accounts, now they can be on the same one

G00fyDad

It is very weird seeing "My Plans" now and seeing each and every one of my group in their own section each day. Why are they like that?

Is it supposed to look like this??
1661286446065.png

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member

The three day limit on MEP doesn't apply when you have a resort reservation.

aaronml

It is very weird seeing "My Plans" now and seeing each and every one of my group in their own section each day. Why are they like that?

Is it supposed to look like this??
View attachment 662204
When they converted Park Passes from the old system to the new system, they didn’t preserve the “link” between multiple guests on a single reservation. As a result, all reservations made prior to today show up as separate per-person. Newer reservations made as of today though should show up correctly as linked to multiple guests.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
1661289779861.png

In addition to the horrible layout @G00fyDad pointed out above, it currently is only allowing a Modify Reservation option for my trip in November 2023. For my December 2022 trip, I can only cancel and rebook.

My daughter and I both have two sets of tickets - one for each trip. For the 2022 trip, it shows one; for the 2023 trip, it shows that same ticket plus another. When I click through to the Modify Reservation, it says only the 2023 ticket is eligible, not the 2022.

None of this really affects the functionality, but it is ugly and clunky.

Also, Disney putting in a Modify Park Pass Reservation function but NOT putting in a Modify Genie+ selection feels like a big ol' middle finger to their entire fanbase.

dreday3

According to Scott Gustin, only some reservations can be modified without canceling, not all.

Hmmm.

I'm not an annual passholder. I have hoppers and booked at a Disney resort. I only have the option to cancel, not modify. The picture above, mine looks just like that, but only has the cancel option. April 2023 trip.

That's annoying! :D We've got time. I'll just wait and let it shake itself out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom