News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

dreday3

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but do we need a reservation at that park to attend the deluxe after hours?
We plan to be at AK on a Monday, but want to attend the Epcot extra hours that evening. We have hoppers, staying at BC.

Can we do that? Or does our original reservation need to be at Epcot?

(assuming extra hours are still happening)

Also - I can't figure it out, but for me it seems we still have to cancel a reservation before we book the new one. When I click "manage your reservation" the only option is to cancel it...

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I think I hate this:

"Park Pass reservations are now associated with a ticket, not a guest. This change means a guest can have a Park Pass reservation for different tickets they may hold, such as a single-day ticket and an annual pass. Previously, this required multiple profiles within a single My Disney Experience account, leading to a complicated error-prone setup."

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but do we need a reservation at that park to attend the deluxe after hours?
We plan to be at AK on a Monday, but want to attend the Epcot extra hours that evening. We have hoppers, staying at BC.

Also - I can't figure it out, but for me it seems we still have to cancel a reservation before we book the new one. When I click "manage your reservation" the only option is to cancel it...
You have to actually GO to Animal Kingdom and click in that morning, but otherwise that should work.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Yes you can do that :) You just need a reservation for a park on that day.

GimpYancIent

1661259144781.png

JohnD

Good question. I'm staying at AK Lodge on a very good Disney+ rate in late September. I don't believe so. You just tap your band or whatever, it registers that you're a Deluxe guest, and you get entry.

Last edited:

dreday3

Good question. I'm staying at AK Lodge on a very good Disney+ rate in late September. I don't believe so. You just tap your band or whatever, it registers that your a Deluxe guest, and you get entry.

Answered above - you just need a park reservation, not to that specific park! So we can go to AK that day and hit Epcot extra hours that night.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
@castlecake2.0 @ToTBellHop it looks like Disney might be scaling back blockout dates for cast members. August and September are both wide open and I believe most of the summer was too. It seems like their strategy might now be "we won't block CMs from the parks but they'll have to wait until a month(ish) ahead of time and pick from whatever Park Pass availability there might be."

Thoughts?

JohnD

Answered above - you just need a park reservation, not to that specific park! So we can go to AK that day and hit Epcot extra hours that night.
Thanks. I was posting as @wdwmagic was posting at the same time. Sounds good to me. I have plans to be in AK when extra evening hours are offered in MK from 11p-1a. I realize I can hop to MK at anytime after 2pm. Currently, I have a Boma ADR at 8pm. But may just hop on the bus to MK after I leave AK.

Last edited:

dreday3

passholders now have a prison inmate number attached to their profile and pass tickets, how nice of Disney.

We all do. :)

You either have a number if your park reservation is associated by ticket or you can associate by reservation.

Today when I went to change a reservation, I noticed both of us had our own park reservation and number, indicating separate park reservations.
When I changed the reservation, I linked us to the resort stay instead of ticket and now it shows as the two of us on one one park reservation instead of both having our own.

I hope that made sense.

castlecake2.0

@castlecake2.0 @ToTBellHop it looks like Disney might be scaling back blockout dates for cast members. August and September are both wide open and I believe most of the summer was too. It seems like their strategy might now be "we won't block CMs from the parks but they'll have to wait until a month(ish) ahead of time and pick from whatever Park Pass availability there might be."

Thoughts?
That seems to be the trend. Works for me. I’d also like if they make the earidescent evenings a more permanent offering. Let’s cast get the parks out of their system and free up reservations for day guests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom