News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

mattpeto

To me this just shows how much they dont care about the consumer. Its great for corporate, but a pain for the consumer with no benefit to them at all.
During Covid I kind of understood. Now its just for the bean counters and tracking.
Yes I think you're generally right on, but I disagree with your take here.

I mean there is a benefit to all guests to spilt guests distribution among the parks. Before Covid, most people marked their territory with FP+ and ADR selections.

Just a quick glance and park pass is wide open to resort/ticket guests the last full week of August, all of Sept, most of Oct and all of Nov and Dec. If you want something, it's easy to grab.

I could see it annoying the AP people, but there isn't one date that is not available through the end of the year, including tomorrow.

Everyone can still chose your park with a little pre-planning. I mean that's clearly not an issue besides a couple of clicks.

The 2 pm park hopping window is annoying and it would be nice to go away, but a much earlier time defeats the purpose of spreading out the crowds (at least when the park opens). The rumored changes (staggered entrances for AP) will even offer more flexibility to AP and most likely close the annoying 2 pm double-tap rule.

EDIT: It will also likely open the door for AP sales to continue.

Last edited:

Jrb1979

I mean there is a benefit to all guests to spilt guests distribution among the parks. Before Covid, most people marked their territory with FP+ and ADR selections.

Just a quick glance and park pass is wide open to resort/ticket guests the last full week of August, all of Sept, most of Oct and all of Nov and Dec. If you want something, it's easy to grab.

I could see it annoying the AP people, but there isn't one date that is not available through the end of the year, including tomorrow.

Everyone can still chose your park with a little pre-planning. I mean that's clearly not an issue besides a couple of clicks.

The 2 pm park hopping window is annoying and it would be nice to go away, but a much earlier time defeats the purpose of spreading out the crowds (at least when the park opens). The rumored changes (staggered entrances for AP) will even offer more flexibility to AP and most likely close the annoying 2 pm double-tap rule.

I disagree with opening the door for AP sales. IMO it says that they probably aren't opening sales anytime soon.

ppete1975

But where is the advantage to the consumer. The burden is put on the people paying to go. Is it simple? Sure for people that know about it and dont mind doing it. How about your older population, who the new disney is starting to overwhelm? I dont mind change as long as there is a benefit to the consumer.. but I dont see one. You can say its to keep the crowds from being too crowded, but as you said you can get in most days. Before if they had too many people in a certain park they just didnt allow more in. And you could go to another park via monorail or bus.

It wasnt that long ago that you could just go to the park and have a fun time, no research no booking no reservations. Now its a 12 step process in something that you the consumer are paying to attend.

Disney Glimpses

Hey you still owe me some 2023 resort perks. Don't go thinking I forgot! ;):D
Ha. Last I heard, the positive changes around reservations will be for all guests with multi-day park hopping tickets. Unclear how APs with an affiliated resort stay will fare through all of this.

I'm fearful that APs will be stuck with nonsense, even if staying at a Disney resort. This would include DVC members. It would be very, very silly but it's also very, very possible (and not the least bit surprising).

aladdin2007

Do either of you have updated cards? I've always gotten away with just a card, even the trip we took last week. Usually just pull out the card (flipped to the back side for name and date) and my ID (so I don't have to dig if they do ask) and am good to go. But I make sure I get a new card each year so it has the current year on it. If you're using a card that says say 2020-2021 on the back, even though it's still good for entry etc, the person looking at it wouldn't know you still have a valid pass.
I understand what your saying and ran into that before also, my card though is updated. I notified guest relations about the cast member problem.

Ayla

I just did the same - (50 park-person days X 5 clicks for each cancellation) + (8 clicks for each reservation X 8 park days in 2022) + (5 clicks for each reservation X 5 park days in 2023) + 1 click when I was randomly required to re-login = 340 clicks to get my reservations to look like they did 48 hours ago.

That pain in the rear aside, the new system is a little easier to use - when you select which ticket you want to book for, it takes you right to the eligible days instead of making you thumb through the calendar until you get to the right month. So hopefully going forward, this will be a good thing.

Someone above did ask if it is going to matter that your entire party is on the same park pass reservation when it comes to making G+/ILL/VQ selections, and I would love to hear an answer from anyone with experience on that.
Oh dear god, that is beyond ridiculous. Seriously, Disney?

ceecee101

For some reason you have to book park reservations through the website. No point in asking why, this is Disney IT at its “finest”!

As long as everyone is linked as friends and family in MDE you should be able to book G+ and ILLs.

Or you could cancel them and rebook together which seems to work better.
Too paranoid to cancel!

pdude81

Does anyone know if guests who don't have a park reservation are being allowed to enter the parking lot, or if they are turned away even before they park?
When I drove recently they only seemed to care if you were paying for parking or were on an active room reservation for free parking. I only drove to parks where I had a reservation in the morning, but I doubt they care if you park at DHS and Skyliner to Epcot if you intend to wrap up the night at DHS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom