News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
“Supply lines”

They keep accidentally sending WDW merch to Disneyland. And putting it on racks. These issues cost money.

Disneyland does have some lovely Flower and Garden Festival shirts, though! I’m hoping to find an Indiana Jones Adventure t-shirt at Creations Shop next month. I have a TDL tank top that I wear the hell out of that I found in our Tomorrowland.

Apparently, Moana isn’t THAT good at navigating the seas.
View attachment 629665

You know, stuff like this didn't happen in the past (or at least we never knew about it). Sending merch to the wrong location? It's just astounding...

CaptainAmerica

“Supply lines”

They keep accidentally sending WDW merch to Disneyland. And putting it on racks. These issues cost money.

Disneyland does have some lovely Flower and Garden Festival shirts, though! I’m hoping to find an Indiana Jones Adventure t-shirt at Creations Shop next month. I have a TDL tank top that I wear the hell out of that I found in our Tomorrowland.

Apparently, Moana isn’t THAT good at navigating the seas.
View attachment 629665
If only she would have considered the coconut.
I got a kick out of the fact that all of the Aulani MagicBand launch SKUs ended up in Orlando.

ToTBellHop

I got a kick out of the fact that all of the Aulani MagicBand launch SKUs ended up in Orlando.
Why does this stuff go on the racks, though?!?! Wake up!
1648745744677.gif

matt9112

But Bob told us how much they care about the guest experience!

The whole thing is rediculous to keep around. They keep leaning on this crutch of not enough workers.....pay more....offer more benefits etc there what the largest single site employer in the country? Must be tough to increase compensation to attract new workers...

Diamond Dot

I couldn't tell you why they have this revervation system anymore. My own experience, which I have written about elsewhere, is that it is not thought out at all. For a start the 2pm start for park hopping is ridiculous, if they need to keep it then it should be no later than noon. As for guest numbers, well, I found out that this is a nonsense, again, I say why in other posts. As for staffing, I didn't find CM numbers, apart from custodial staff, to be noticably less and the number of CMs with the 'earning my ears' badges was very high.
When the parks first opened after Covid then the reservation system made sense to keep numbers wanting to enter to a safe level. Now, it's just another way of controlling and if you have the Genie+ and can't find a LL time for the park you are in then you have to wait until the day is near enough half way through to try and find a LL time slot elsewhere and good luck with that one, so another reason not to buy it.

Talking of Genie+ and LL, it would be interesting to know how many of the free LL reservations you got in one day for your $16. The FP+ record I have seen is 22 in a day (unverified) and even in September/October 2019 my last FP+ trip I got 15 or 16 in, including walking onto FoP, someone must have cancelled theirs and I got lucky. Won't happen now.

Gran Fiesta

I know this question has been probably answered before but I can't find it and I would really appreciate the answer. If we have a dining reservation in Epcot for supper at 6:00 pm and we have the park hopper tickets along with a park reservation at Magic Kingdom for that morning, then can we go to the magic kingdom that morning and then park hop over to Epcot after 2:00 and go to our dining reservation? Even without a park pass to Epcot? The park reservation/park hopping only after 2:00 has me screwed up a little bit. Thanks in advance!

DCBaker

Premium Member
I know this question has been probably answered before but I can't find it and I would really appreciate the answer. If we have a dining reservation in Epcot for supper at 6:00 pm and we have the park hopper tickets along with a park reservation at Magic Kingdom for that morning, then can we go to the magic kingdom that morning and then park hop over to Epcot after 2:00 and go to our dining reservation? Even without a park pass to Epcot? The park reservation/park hopping only after 2:00 has me screwed up a little bit. Thanks in advance!

Yes, that isn't an issue as long as you tap into Magic Kingdom before you want to park hop to Epcot after 2pm.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
How strange. Whatever they added is going fast:
View attachment 629677

Almost as if they created a buzz with the "sudden unavailability" of at least one park, so when they "refreshed" things, AP holders went out and snapped up reservations because of the perceived scarcity. I can absolutely see AP holders not grabbing park reservations too far in advance right now due to almost every park having availability for the rest of the year, but once there was some scarcity, real or not, things changed. Particularly that week. It's human nature.

CntrlFlPete

How strange. Whatever they added is going fast:
View attachment 629677

are you and @DCBaker looking in different places? I swear I checked yesterday (via looking at availability and I saw a lot blocked (my screen looked like yours) -- just now I tried via 'book a park pass' and there was more available to book than what showed when seeing what was available (kind of glad I now know to try to book a park as opposed to looking at what is open).

ToTBellHop

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom