News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

jt04

I would imagine that when things go back to "normal," if you stay at a Disney resort you will always be allowed into the parks. For offsite and locals (including passholders) you will need a park pass. They don't really need to put a limit on total days for passholders if they do this, they can just limit the total reservations you can have at one time and possibly limit the number in a rolling four week period or something like that.

Agree that on-site guests will always be afforded a reservation. They couldn't do otherwise.

But APs will be 'rationed' simply by the number of reservations available even if you can only hold one at a time. Once they are booked those days drop off the availability calendar.

People are underestimating the "less is more" approach here. Controlling overhead is a huge part of profitibility. And Disney assuredly knows what numbers maximize the profit margins.

An improved guest experience and word of mouth will ensure they get the ideal numbers on a daily basis.

Those locals who like to go to Orlando parks on a whim probably need to add Sea World and Uni to their AP portfolios. 📔

🔮

Parker in NYC

Agree that on-site guests will always be afforded a reservation. They couldn't do otherwise.
Who would have thought we’d reach the day where the only remaining perk of a Disney resort was actually getting into the park. It’s a dastardly and brilliant plan. Save money, make money - the plebs take the bait. Wheee!!

And don’t anyone give me that holiday park capacity crap when it comes to resort stays. You all know what I mean.

jt04

Who would have thought we’d reach the day where the only remaining perk of a Disney resort was actually getting into the park. It’s a dastardly and brilliant plan. Save money, make money - the plebs take the bait. Wheee!!

And don’t anyone give me that holiday park capacity crap when it comes to resort stays. You all know what I mean.

Those after hour tickets will look better all the time. At least they do for me. It is next level what Disney has planned but I think it will prove popular. 💹

Parker in NYC

Those after hour tickets will look better all the time. At least they do for me. It is next level what Disney has planned but I think it will prove popular. 💹
It’s also good to keep in mind that I learned in the past year that none of the following means anything to some folks on the forum:

Magical Express, Magical Express baggage transfer, legit extra magic hours (hey, who needs them?). Those after hours events are a better bang for your buck... on top of the buck you already banged?). More for Disney. Fireworks, parades, live shows. Who needs them? Disney is like... yes, yes, yes. And I don’t know if a resort stay is required for those after hours events but they may as well make that mandatory. Oh, and they can keep the holiday parties that used to be mostly about limiting attendance. 🤑💸💰Dinky fireworks and projections and some snow on Main St. Who knows what will become of entertainment? At least they have exclusive food items and some complimentary refreshments with lines out the door.

Now, more than ever, the decision to somehow put one’s foot down has really lost its quaint appeal. There are 💯+ people to take your spot at any time.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No

You realize we aren't 100% normal yet right (Pandemic still in progress)? Even the most cynical person wouldn't think this will be the long term plan for perks for staying on Disney property. Slowly things will return, and maybe not exactly how they were before.

Personally I loved the After Hours events. It was perfect for what me and my wife were seeking. I'd rather pay more for 4 hours in the park with 75% less people then pay for 8 hours with thousands in the park. To each their own of course.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
I have it is going to be for 8 hours and will be free to all guests or anyone who knows a guest staying on property.

Last edited:

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I have is is going to be for 8 hours and will be free to all guests or anyone who knows a guest staying on property.

tenor-55.gif

Parker in NYC

You realize we aren't 100% normal yet right (Pandemic still in progress)? Even the most cynical person wouldn't think this will be the long term plan for perks for staying on Disney property. Slowly things will return, and maybe not exactly how they were before.

Personally I loved the After Hours events. It was perfect for what me and my wife were seeking. I'd rather pay more for 4 hours in the park with 75% less people then pay for 8 hours with thousands in the park. To each their own of course.
Yes, I do realize. Lord almighty, I realize. But what about Chapek’s statements makes you think this is temporary?

As for the After Hours, I liked them when they were called e-nights. The pricing is ridiculous but satisfactory for Disney’s purposes.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Yes, I do realize. Lord almighty, I realize. But what about Chapek’s statements makes you think this is temporary?

As for the After Hours, I liked them when they were called e-nights. The pricing is ridiculous but satisfactory for Disney’s purposes.
Depends on what you consider temporary. I would hope that after this year we would start seeing more things return, after that, then I'd really start to worry/become upset about the perks being stripped away.

ParentsOf4

Depends on what you consider temporary. I would hope that after this year we would start seeing more things return, after that, then I'd really start to worry/become upset about the perks being stripped away.
Once WDW returns to normal operations, onsite Guests should have little difficulty getting a Park Pass.

However, Chapek clearly does not like Annual Pass Holders, specifically APH who do not stay onsite.

I suspect Park Pass is here to stay as a way to manage how many local APH get in the parks on any given day.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Once WDW returns to normal operations, onsite Guests should have little difficulty getting a Park Pass.

However, Chapek clearly does not like Annual Pass Holders, specifically APH who do not stay onsite.

I suspect Park Pass is here to stay as a way to manage how many local APH get in the parks on any given day.

I'd like to remind The Bald One that after certain national tragedies, it was local APs (and by local, I mean ANY Floridian in a 4 hour driving radius) who kept the parks open. Not a good idea to tick off a loyal customer base. Surely he learned that while getting his MBA.

EeyoreFan#24

However, Chapek clearly does not like Annual Pass Holders, specifically APH who do not stay onsite

With no inside knowledge or facts, I wonder if the term “annual” will be a thing of the past. It’s very ambiguous from a accounting perspective. (Although I’m sure they have tons of data on that too, but everyone knows my point). It seems like selling a membership program that provides “annual pass like perks” but defined by different levels of reservation amounts and timeframes would be the best way to track ROI since it would be “more” defined data sets of when and where. Just looking beteeen the lines of the “yield” comments.

Probably complete off base, but that’s my guess.

jt04

It’s also good to keep in mind that I learned in the past year that none of the following means anything to some folks on the forum:

Magical Express, Magical Express baggage transfer, legit extra magic hours (hey, who needs them?). Those after hours events are a better bang for your buck... on top of the buck you already banged?). More for Disney. Fireworks, parades, live shows. Who needs them? Disney is like... yes, yes, yes. And I don’t know if a resort stay is required for those after hours events but they may as well make that mandatory. Oh, and they can keep the holiday parties that used to be mostly about limiting attendance. 🤑💸💰Dinky fireworks and projections and some snow on Main St. Who knows what will become of entertainment? At least they have exclusive food items and some complimentary refreshments with lines out the door.

Now, more than ever, the decision to somehow put one’s foot down has really lost its quaint appeal. There are 💯+ people to take your spot at any time.

I have a less cynical view about the hard ticket events. Disneyland was just scratching the surface of what is possible. I think as everything returns to a more normal cadence you will see much of what made the events special in the past returning. Not that you don't have valid concerns.

Dranth

I'd like to remind The Bald One that after certain national tragedies, it was local APs (and by local, I mean ANY Floridian in a 4 hour driving radius) who kept the parks open. Not a good idea to tick off a loyal customer base. Surely he learned that while getting his MBA.
He doesn't need those filthy, unwashed, low margin, local AP peasants anymore. He has Disney Plus to hold things down!

All joking aside, the stock is going to need to tank for a stretch before they change the current course. Why stop what they are doing when it appears to be working?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

I think he skipped class that day to have his head waxed.

matt9112

But APs will be 'rationed' simply by the number of reservations available even if you can only hold one at a time. Once they are booked those days drop off the availability calendar.

People are underestimating the "less is more" approach here. Controlling overhead is a huge part of profitibility. And Disney assuredly knows what numbers maximize the profit margins.

An improved guest experience and word of mouth will ensure they get the ideal numbers on a daily basis.

Those locals who like to go to Orlando parks on a whim probably need to add Sea World and Uni to their AP portfolios. 📔

🔮

SeaWorld and Busch gardens are both great for different reasons. With gow cheap they are if your local and never go your missing out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom