Disney once again showing why...

Disneyhead'71

Aside from the parade being just a big plug for Disney Parks, I just saw a really forced DHS plug during the Russell Athletic Bowl. They said, "...the scoreboard isn't lit up like Disney's Hollywood Studios is tonight". As they showed video of the Osborne lights, Of course the game is on ESPN (Disney Owned).

disney fan 13

Aside from the parade being just a big plug for Disney Parks, I just saw a really forced DHS plug during the Russell Athletic Bowl. They said, "...the scoreboard isn't lit up like Disney's Hollywood Studios is tonight". As they showed video of the Osborne lights, Of course the game is on ESPN (Disney Owned).

It was odd, but as you said it is ESPN.

Tom Morrow

...wow. That's awful.

*during a golf broadcast* - "Also, speaking of golf, some say Spaceship Earth at Epcot resembles a giant golf ball!" *image of Spaceship Earth*

yeti

...wow. That's awful.

*during a golf broadcast* - "Also, speaking of golf, some say Spaceship Earth at Epcot resembles a giant golf ball!" *image of Spaceship Earth*

Don't you love it?

Of course, you also get the opposite end on the offensive, or used to anyway. I recall switching on NBC (and NBC only) reporting on rising ticket prices in Disneyland.

Disneyhead'71

Don't you love it?

Of course, you also get the opposite end on the offensive, or used to anyway. I recall switching on NBC (and NBC only) reporting on rising ticket prices in Disneyland.
That's how the game is played these days. But Disney has to be more careful now since Comcast is the nations largest distributor of ESPN, ESPN2, ABC, ABC Family, The Disney Channel, And Disney XD.

yeti

That's how the game is played these days. But Disney has to be more careful now since Comcast is the nations largest distributor of ESPN, ESPN2, ABC, ABC Family, The Disney Channel, And Disney XD.

Very true. But based on what I've seen anyway, Disney does a lot more boasting than they do attacking.

jmuboy

A question for you regarding WDW: What do you believe needs to change there to make that experience one worthy of the Disney name? Thanks.

This is an easy answer. Just operate the attractions and parks with show quality standards that the Parks were once run under during the 1970s and 1980s. Here are some glaring quality issues:
- broken effects abound in Small World, Dinosaur, Splash Mt, Yeti at Everest, etc.
- update aging attractions (UoE, Imagination)
- develop, execute and complete a REDESIGN of Pleasure Island and get this area open to guests.
- Fix Main Street.....it's a giant Wal-Mart/Target experience now. Can we have a real cinema like DL gets? Can we have themed shopping. Not an Emporium that ate the entire west side of Main Street?
- Refresh the stale and tired DHS entertainment.
- Operate Fantasmic with all working effects
- is a 13 year old parade an ok entertainment to offer at as park that costs $90 a day tot visit? (MK, I'm looking at you)

I could go on and on about lack of quality vs. the price Disney charges. But you get the picture I believe.

edrho

They all pale in comparison to the parades from the 80's with Joan London and Alan Thicke. And there use to be a Easter parade broadcast as well.

Rasvar

They all pale in comparison to the parades from the 80's with Joan London and Alan Thicke. And there use to be a Easter parade broadcast as well.
Also specials. I still have a copy of "15 Years of Magic" from a master tape somewhere in my collection.

edrho

I still have several of the Christmas and Easter parades on VHS somewhere. I also have the muppets at WDW special, the opening of Disney MGM studios and several other specials. Those were the good old days of Disney on T.V.

JustInTime

Really?

I thought this years was terrible compared to last years, but last years was pretty bad as well.
I think I honestly didn't like last years because I had just seen in person like 2 weeks prior to it airing. Plus I loved seeing all the finished projects. Last year all the showed was construction.

spacemt354

Chili's
This is an easy answer. Just operate the attractions and parks with show quality standards that the Parks were once run under during the 1970s and 1980s. Here are some glaring quality issues:
- broken effects abound in Small World, Dinosaur, Splash Mt, Yeti at Everest, etc.
- develop, execute and complete a REDESIGN of Pleasure Island and get this area open to guests.
- Fix Main Street.....it's a giant Wal-Mart/Target experience now. Can we have a real cinema like DL gets? Can we have themed shopping. Not an Emporium that ate the entire west side of Main Street?
- is a 13 year old parade an ok entertainment to offer at as park that costs $90 a day tot visit? (MK, I'm looking at you)

I could go on and on about lack of quality vs. the price Disney charges. But you get the picture I believe.
I like these. I'd even add a few more.

The entire park experience philosophy needs to be changed. I don't want to book ride times months in advance. I don't want synthetic wait times where I could be doing other things instead of playing games or other interactive elements. Meet and greets are not attractions. I'd take a dark ride over a meet and greet any day. I don't want Starbucks in the magic kingdom. I don't want to see things that I see in the real world in Disney world. Walt Disney didn't want that. He didn't want his guests on their phones in the parks, yet with mobile magic apps and these new d zone areas to charge phones, laptops, etc, technology in the parks seem to be encouraged, if not required for newer guests.

This management thinks they know their guests, and they believe they will return despite the rising costs for a lesser product than the competition is putting out.

In regards to overall experience, Disney is still the best. But in regards to ride technology, Disney is losing the battle. It's time to stop creating new apps and having guests plan out their every move beforehand. How about create an attraction that I'd actually want to reserve months in advance. UNI is doing that. Why can't you Disney?

Thanks for your response. Well reasoned and succinctly stated. Appreciate it.

I like these. I'd even add a few more.

The entire park experience philosophy needs to be changed. I don't want to book ride times months in advance. I don't want synthetic wait times where I could be doing other things instead of playing games or other interactive elements. Meet and greets are not attractions. I'd take a dark ride over a meet and greet any day. I don't want Starbucks in the magic kingdom. I don't want to see things that I see in the real world in Disney world. Walt Disney didn't want that. He didn't want his guests on their phones in the parks, yet with mobile magic apps and these new d zone areas to charge phones, laptops, etc, technology in the parks seem to be encouraged, if not required for newer guests.

This management thinks they know their guests, and they believe they will return despite the rising costs for a lesser product than the competition is putting out.

In regards to overall experience, Disney is still the best. But in regards to ride technology, Disney is losing the battle. It's time to stop creating new apps and having guests plan out their every move beforehand. How about create an attraction that I'd actually want to reserve months in advance. UNI is doing that. Why can't you Disney?
Appreciate the response. Thanks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom