News Disney offering its Walt Disney World Cast Members a complimentary one-night resort stay ahead of the 50th celebrations

LSLS

My guess is a combination of low bookings and cast member morale being pretty low between the low numbers of them (meaning they are working a lot more) and the number of horrible guests screaming about masks.

havoc315

Really? I would think we wouldn't be returning to normal standards for a long time.

Over 50% of American adults have already begun their vaccination. Within the next month, everyone who wants a vaccine will have at least started it.
Much remains to be seen with what actually happens... but you can see the effects of adequate vaccination in Israel and the UK. Israel, about the size of New Jersey, now has under 200 cases per day. (US equivalent would be about 6,000 cases per day).

Combined with pent up travel demand + continued restrictions on international travel, there is generally very strong demand for domestic travel. I've heard bookings are super strong at Disney value and mod resorts.

HarperRose

You all suck.

Do you only see the bad in everything?

"it's probably for training"
"it's nice, I guess"
"they are only trying to look good"

:rolleyes:

Disney could give you a free vacation and you all would ***** that you have to pay your own airfare to get there.

But what do I know I'm just a pixie duster.
No, we're able to easily see how transparent this empty gesture is.

ParentsOf4

Summer bookings must be somewhat soft.
They aren’t
My guess is a combination of low bookings and cast member morale being pretty low between the low numbers of them (meaning they are working a lot more) and the number of horrible guests screaming about masks.
It's not a matter of soft bookings; it's a matter of the days-of-the-week that have been booked.

As is true for every year, certain nights are more popular than others. Saturday is the most popular while Monday and Tuesday nights are in less demand.

Here's what Jay Rasulo, former Disney CFO, had to say about hotel occupancy in 2015:

You know, Michael, I think hoteliers in general will tell you that to try to fill a hotel beyond 89%, 90%, 91% is extremely difficult because to go beyond that, it takes too many matchups of people who are staying three nights, checking out; replaced by five nights; replaced -- in rapid succession. It becomes quite difficult.​
So I think that you are right -- that when you see occupancy in that kind of range, you are getting close to pretty much a full house.​

In other words, it's possible for the hotels to be 'full' even if there are individual Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday nights available.

Remember, Disney is offering one free night. Disney can offer Cast Members these small gaps between Guest stays.

Disney does not have to do this. Disney is being nice to its employees.

HarperRose

Exactly. If I was a CM, give me a bonus for all the hard work and additional hazards I've taken on. Or give me extra vacation days. This is completely empty, and its even allowing Disney to make money off their CMs on their day off (which I know can happen anyway).
I guess it worked, since a lot of people are singing Disney's praises.

zombiebbq

I guess it worked, since a lot of people are singing Disney's praises.
hey, would I throw up a fight if my immediate supervisor announced this little "gift"? No. Your average employee has 0 say about what management decides to award to employees as a perk. But I want my hard work recognized in a tangible way: a raise, a promotion, a bonus, more time off. whatever. Plus to me it puts a bad taste in my mouth that Disney is saying with this: "hey cast members! come stay at your workplace for free! and if you happen to pump some of your hard earned paycheck back into the company, well that's just fine by us!"

I hope all the CMs enjoy as they should! they definitely deserve it!

Lilofan

hey, would I throw up a fight if my immediate supervisor announced this little "gift"? No. Your average employee has 0 say about what management decides to award to employees as a perk. But I want my hard work recognized in a tangible way: a raise, a promotion, a bonus, more time off. whatever. Plus to me it puts a bad taste in my mouth that Disney is saying with this: "hey cast members! come stay at your workplace for free! and if you happen to pump some of your hard earned paycheck back into the company, well that's just fine by us!"

I hope all the CMs enjoy as they should! they definitely deserve it!
Its a win for both cast and company. A free hotel night and probably going go wine and dine around WDW to help out the restaurants. Probably pay for to park that car?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom