News Disney offering its Walt Disney World Cast Members a complimentary one-night resort stay ahead of the 50th celebrations

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Happy Adam Scott GIF by Sky

It's a nice gesture...I guess

tpac24

It is like Disney knows when people are disappointed in them and so they do something like this to make us not want to burn them to the ground ( so to speak of course) .

ParentsOf4

In its last 10Q, Disney reported 2,644,000 available room nights for the 3 months ending January 2, 2021. About 90% of the rooms are at WDW, so about 2,380,000 rooms. Disney is offering rooms to Cast Members for 5 months, so there are about 3,900,000 available room nights.

Pre pandemic, WDW had a reported 77,000 employees. (Vero Beach and Hilton Head have relatively few employees.) Presumably, there are fewer at the moment.

This means that Disney is offering 1-2% of its inventory to Cast Members for free, a very nice gesture.

DrewmanS

This could be more about training and logistics than an employee perk. There are a lot of resort rooms that have gone unused over the last year. The best way to ensure everything is okay is to have someone stay in the rooms (shower, flush the toilet, turn lights on and off, test door locks, wifi, TV, etc.) like a soft opening. Also, there are likely a lot of new staff in hospitality, so having Disney employees stay at the resorts allows for feedback on performance (like secret shoppers in stores).

Tony the Tigger

This could be more about training and logistics than an employee perk. There are a lot of resort rooms that have gone unused over the last year. The best way to ensure everything is okay is to have someone stay in the rooms (shower, flush the toilet, turn lights on and off, test door locks, wifi, TV, etc.) like a soft opening. Also, there are likely a lot of new staff in hospitality, so having Disney employees stay at the resorts allows for feedback on performance (like secret shoppers in stores).

True. My husband used to work for Margaritaville, and part of the (management) training program was to stay at the hotel for a weekend, and use all the amenities (including the restaurants) experiencing everything as a guest would. All on the house. (He booked his around Valentine's Day and we had a great meal at the fancy place LOL.)

Magic Feather

I checked a couple of summer dates, tons of availability. Also seeing some deeply discounted Disney deluxe rooms at priceline and hotwire.
Not to mention, they haven't even announced opening of Animal Kingdom Lodge. (so that's a ton of empty rooms).
I'm under the impression that, by post reopening standards, Disney isn't worried about the summer.

Zipadeelady

Do you only see the bad in everything?

"it's probably for training"
"it's nice, I guess"
"they are only trying to look good"

:rolleyes:

Disney could give you a free vacation and you all would that you have to pay your own airfare to get there.

But what do I know I'm just a pixie duster.

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom