Disney No Longer Including Appetizers for Deluxe Dining Plan

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
What convenience are you taking about? The amount of effort to pay as you go on your magicband vs dining plan is the same. If it costs the same, then the only difference is that you need to meticulously track what you eat on the ddp.

You beat me to it. I could not agree more. Not sure what the average appetizer is resort wide, but this just put a bundle of cash back on the bottom line.

You don't have to meticulously track anything! Your credits left for everything is on every receipt you get and is very easy to keep track of. Easy peasy!! We love it and if you do not its okay because everyone is different. We like the all inclusive feeling while on the bubble and know it's already paid for. Alot of us that continue to pay for the plans feel the same way! :)

Last edited:

NeXuS1000

Assuming that the price will be reduced as a consequence, I find this perfectly fine. We bought the dining plan deluxe for our last trip, and while we thoroughly enjoyed it, we consistently struggled to eat all the meals. So not having an appetizer wouldn't hurt one bit.

If the price is not reduced as a consequence... then it's of course a ripoff!

NCO91590

See, I was leaning toward DxDP because of the appetizers. When we're on the DDP, we would double up on TS credits for signatures and we would still end up spending a fortune buying appetizers with our meals. We thought at least this way, we would not have to worry about budgeting a bunch of cash on top of tip. Frustrating. I think I'll for sure rethink my plan. Especially if it's not any less $$

Minthorne

You don't have to meticulously track anything! Your credits left for everything is on every receipt you get and is very easy to keep track of. Easy peasy!! We love it and sorry you do not as everyone is different. We like the all inclusive feeling while on the bubble and know it's already paid for. Alot of us that continue to pay for the plans feel the same way! :)

I guess if you don't drink any alcohol, don't have appetizers and don't tip it is all inclusive. I don't like being told what I can and cannot have. "No soup for you ever, but you must have CAKE at every meal!!"

sxeensweet

I guess if you don't drink any alcohol, don't have appetizers and don't tip it is all inclusive. I don't like being told what I can and cannot have. "No soup for you ever, but you must have CAKE at every meal!!"
We still add items like the tips of course (at places it's not included as some do like CRT, HDD etc include the tip), apps or drinks. We don't let the plan dictate to us what we can have or not. We still like that 95% of our dining costs were already paid for and already included. :)

sxeensweet

And that's not a good reason to do any of the plans. Disney counts on the already paid for mentality leading to breakage
Regardless we never really lost any money doing the dining plan and we eat what we want and don't have to have the most expensive items etc like some do just to get value out of it. If we want that $50 entree we get it and if we don't and want the $30 entree we get that. Some may lose money or it does not work for them but for us that's never been the case so far.
Every individual family has to weigh the pros and cons for anything they choose to pay for or do on their trips. Some it's getting the dining plan and some it's not going with the dining plan. Just like deciding to stay on property or not, etc. :)

Last edited:

zweltar

I sometimes feel that Disney puts things like this out here to gauge reaction. If it's loud enough, then they go with the "it was not the final version" route. If there's no reaction, they quietly move forward with the changes.

Disneydreamer23

I got this plan once when we did a short 6 day trip . We were always full I will say that. I don't think you need the appetizer but the plan should go down 4/5 a person per day not up. "That's Progress for ya"

Captain Chaos

And eat poop and like it!
Disney can serve poop, make you book your poop eating reservation 180 days in advance, serve it cold on a platter full of innards, and flies, and maggots, and there are people here who would say it was their best meal on Disney property EVER... was just so MAGICal. And would chastise those who complain about being served poop by saying Disney is a business, be happy they even gave you poop!!!!

Maerj

Another thing is that on the regular dining plan, I thought that you used to get 2 snacks a day, now it seems that there is only one. As others have said, take things away and charge more for it.

lostpro9het

Disney can serve poop, make you book your poop eating reservation 180 days in advance, serve it cold on a platter full of innards, and flies, and maggots, and there are people here who would say it was their best meal on Disney property EVER... was just so MAGICal. And would chastise those who complain about being served poop by saying Disney is a business, be happy they even gave you poop!!!!
BOG?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom