Disney negotiating the LOTR rights!

JMcMahonEsq

I can see it working for Disney in every way except theme parks but then again, not every IP has to go into the parks. It’s a solid IP that would go aside Avatar at the box office but I bet Amazon will be going for the IP instead big time and over the $2 billion valuation
This. Plus it's not a bad block against other streaming platforms taking on and utilizing the IP for future original content.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

VJ

It was SPECIFICALLY written into Tolkien's will that Disney cannot own the rights.

And Amazon literally just got the rights for using on their Prime series.

So no, this is BS.

John Lasseter said Pixar would never make sequels.
Microsoft said that Windows 10 would be the last version of Windows.
Etc, etc.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I was reading an article on a website talking about Saul Zaentz Co., that they were selling the rights of the The Lord of the Rings universe with a price of 2.000 million dollars and many sites were saying that Disney were leading the bid to get the rights of the novel. Also, I read that Disney wants Peter Jackson to be involve in all the series, theme park and movies that Disney wants to release in the future, like Avatar with James Cameron! Anyone knows something about this? and if this is true, what do you think Disney would do about it? 🧐
What article?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom