Disney/MGM NEW SHOW Survey - Weird

PhilharMagician

Separate access/egress... that places it on the perimeter. The only 2 places off hand I know of for this are the eastern expansion pad on Sunset (between Theatre of the Stars and Hollywood Hills) or the plot behind Indy.

What about the Theater itself? BATB has been running for a long time. The theater could be accessed from near the front gate.

mkepcotmgmak

What about the Theater itself? BATB has been running for a long time. The theater could be accessed from near the front gate.

although this is just a rumor - that theater is way, way, way too small for something like this. the proscenium-style stage would need to triple in size (as well as seating).

lebeau

I think that sounds interesting, but why not have it included in the admission price? Do you think it's because it would be pricey like La Nouba? Also, does Disney typically send out surveys like this before building an attraction?

That was my first thought. Sounds like Disney is trying to make their own version of a Cirque-style show. Without all the European surrealism I would assume.

If it had more of a Disney feel and lived up to the quality of La Nouba I would imagine it would be a huge hit.

PhilharMagician

although this is just a rumor - that theater is way, way, way too small for something like this. the proscenium-style stage would need to triple in size (as well as seating).

Yes I agree, but there is a fair amount of available space surrounding the theater and similar to The Theater in the Wild over at AK it could get expanded and closed in.

I do understand this is a rumor and I personally do not believe this would ever happen.

pheneix

This theater is pretty much a done deal. With Blue Man Group targeting this specific demographic, expect this one to go up in record time. They've been rebuilding the offices at the front of MGM for a reason folks...

SirNim

Considering the Hyperion over at DCA, this sort of project would fit like a glove over at MGM. I would not be surprised to see the Indy theatre replaced for this...

Assuming the survey was in fact genuine... ;)

PKD

Hi all! This is a great rumor - thanks for sharing! I would like to throw my two-cents in on this...

I don't think a lot of you realize (although this is just a rumor) how HUGE this would be... huge in scale of show-biz, that is. It's not your typical theme park show - it's Broadway, in a theme park.

200% agree with this statement, this would be larger then the DCA "broadway" show. If they are going to try and create such a show, I can't see why they wouldn't go all out to do it right. Again, it boils down to IF this happends.

pheneix

I thought it was for a security rest area?

Among other things. That entrance complex was by far the most ill-equipped to handle stroller/wheelchair rentals, package pick-up, and other operations functions. The new complex is going to make much better use of the space.

As far as the new theater goes, I'm pretty sure it is going in at the old Copperfield Underground plot.

Maleficentesq

I think that sounds interesting, but why not have it included in the admission price? Do you think it's because it would be pricey like La Nouba? Also, does Disney typically send out surveys like this before building an attraction?

Sounds like Disney does not want money going to Cirque. However, another paying attraction --- Please stop -- There are too many extra ticket events now. Just bring back E night. The shows should be included as part of the Magic.

KnightRonin

Original Poster
KnightRonin are you going to provide the link???

WHERE'S THE LINK?

Geez, sorry about the delay -- here's the link:

http://www.disneysurvey.com/bvbin/bvigate.dll?NOJ=1&pwd=Alefavas&LID=EN

It leads to nothing now except a generic looking 'Disney Survey' site. The fact that it came to an e-mail address of mine that NO ONE except Disney would have makes it seem legit. However, the fact that there's nothing going on at the site now screams fraud.

Like I titled the post -- Weird.

MissM

Not a comment either way, but disneysurvey.com is owned by ABC.

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td> </td> <td>Registrant:</td> <td colspan="3">Make this info private</td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> <td colspan="4">ABC, Inc. </td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> <td colspan="4">500 S. Buena Vista Street</td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> <td colspan="4"> Burbank, CA 91521 </td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> <td colspan="4"> US </td> </tr> <tr><td> </td><td colspan="4"> </td></tr> <tr> <td> </td> <td colspan="4"> Domain Name: DISNEYSURVEY.COM </td> </tr> <tr><td colspan="4"> </td></tr> <tr> <td> </td> <td> Administrative Contact : </td> <td colspan="3"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> <td colspan="4">ABC, Inc. </td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> <td colspan="4"> paul.ruiz@dig.com </td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> <td colspan="4">500 S. Buena Vista Street</td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> <td colspan="4"> BURBANK, CA 91521 </td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> <td colspan="4"> US </td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> <td colspan="4"> Phone: 206.664.4000 </td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> <td colspan="4"> Fax: 206.664.4009 </td> </tr> <tr><td> </td><td colspan="4"> </td></tr> <tr> <td> </td> <td> Technical Contact : </td> <td colspan="3"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> <td colspan="4">dig.com </td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> <td colspan="4"> dns-ops@DIG.COM </td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> <td colspan="4">506 2ND AVE STE 2100</td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> <td colspan="4"> SEATTLE, WA 98104-2300 </td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> <td colspan="4"> US </td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> <td colspan="4"> Phone: (206) 664-4000 </td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> <td colspan="4"> Fax: (206) 664-4009 </td> </tr> <tr><td> </td><td colspan="4"> </td></tr> <tr> <td> </td> <td> Record expires on 06-Mar-2007 </td> <td colspan="3">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> <td colspan="4"> Record created on 06-Mar-2002 </td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> <td colspan="4"> Database last updated on 22-Jun-2006</td></tr></tbody></table>
Just thought I'd throw that into the pot.
-m

uklad79

As an aside, I have taken many Disney online surveys in the past - from my WDW trips, from the cruiseline and from the Vacation Club. Without exception, the survey invitations were sent via postcard through first class mail with a code and website to input. I have never received one in my "inbox" without a hard invitation to participate preceding it. Moreover, the surveys are very short in narrative style.

I too have completed many surveys, I am registered on Disney's survey site and have been sent a fair few from being asked my email address on the way out and being asked if I would mind receiving a survey. Not once have I ever had anything posted to me. So I don't doubt the OP it would be interesting how he came by this survey and the web address it was hosted at.

bears163

not sure if i like the added costs. So many people buy packages or the dining plans so they do not have to worry about shelling out more money

Justa' BigKid

not sure if i like the added costs. So many people buy packages or the dining plans so they do not have to worry about shelling out more money

In the event that this is a REAL rumor, I am sure that this will be one of those items offer over the phone when you make your trip reservations, much like Cirque is. Spend all of your $$$$ at once and fogetaboutit. Nothing left to do but enjoy the trip. :) And the new Studios Show. :rolleyes:

PeaJay18

If it happens I'll gladly pay extra to see a Broadway-quality show (heck, that's what people do with La Nouba now)
But I can't help thinking that putting it in a park would be a mistake...
Maybe the new retail district would be a good home.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom