Disney Merriest Nites, an All-New After-Hours Event at Disneyland Park

Ryan120420

Only 5 nights... It's pretty clear that this is Disney dipping it's toe in the water to see how people in SoCal react to up-change Christmas party.

I expect next year to see Disney go all in on putting the Christmas offerings behind the paywall.

This explains the mysterious November 11 blockout date for the Imagine Key and back when the SoCal Select Pass was a thing the same Thursday in 2020 was also randomly blocked. So this Christmas party was originally planned to debut in 2020.

DrAlice

So, since you can arrive at 5pm and stay until midnight (7 hours of park time), I initially thought, "well that's not so bad... maybe if I were local.." But then I realized that the price is higher than a single day ticket and part of the park is closed. Sorry Disney, selfie walls and a few character sightings are not worth the extra money.

Having said that, I'm confident this will sell out. I am just not the target audience.

el_super

This explains the mysterious November 11 blockout date for the Imagine Key and back when the SoCal Select Pass was a thing the same Thursday in 2020 was also randomly blocked. So this Christmas party was originally planned to debut in 2020.

I don't understand why they are connected. Isn't November 11th a holiday?

TsWade2

Okay, so Micechat is telling the truth. It's still a bad website, but whatever. But I suppose doing 5 private Christmas parties only five nights is fair enough. But Christmas Fantasy Parade and Believe in Holiday Magic fireworks show must be open for everyone, even if they to make reservations.

TrojanUSC

Not sure if anybody here has been to one of the DAH events in Florida, but they are actually really nice. Yes, they are expensive, but they limit the attendance to heavily that stuff is usually a walk on throughout the night. You get a lot done.

Figments Friend

Naturally, these five nights will sell out within 30 minutes of going live on day of sale.
Locals and the uber DLR fans will snap these up...absolutely.

Remember how quickly the 'Dine at DCA' tickets went?
That was a nothing 'event'..yet it sold out in no time.
Yeah...this will be a 'must do' for many.

And this will of course give Disney the confirmation that the public loves such offerings, and will move ahead with more next season.
And that is fine...for those who want to pay for these events.

As long as it does not take away from the normal Day Guest experience...
Let us not have some of the issues 'infecting' WDW's operations invade and corrupt DLR's, please.
Keep the two properties unique and 'separate'.

-

VJ

As long as it does not take away from the normal Day Guest experience...
Let us not have some of the issues 'infecting' WDW's operations invade and corrupt DLR's, please.
Keep the two properties unique and 'separate'.
this is just the beginning... and in the end, disney will have corroded the DL experience to be just as bad as WDW. i promise you that.

also, i wouldn't be surprised at all if, next year after this event ostensibly sells out in 3 seconds cause the general public eats these events up, the parade and fireworks are made event-exclusive as a "perk"

ya know, unprecedented (manufactured) demand and all that

TP2000

I didn't hear anything about us being recruited as Santa's elves for an immersive experience. ;)

Buckle up, recruit! We're going in and we're gonna make some toys!

But seriously... no kidding. I'm not buying a ticket for this until I know where I'm going to be a resident of during the event.

Will I be a resident of the North Pole during a frantic toy making session before a midnight deadline? (don't say Christmas!) Will I be a townsfolk of Main Street USA during a Winter Holiday Shopping Spree? (don't say Christmas!) Or will I be a royal subject of a snow-bedecked Fantasyland during the merriest time of year? (don't say Christmas!)

What is my role here? What is my motivation? You can't expect me to shell out $165 for 4 hours if I don't know what I'm a jolly, merry, joyous, happiest time of year that has nothing to do with Christmas resident of. Give me something to work with! 🎅

Last edited:

TP2000

Okay, so Micechat is telling the truth. It's still a bad website, but whatever. But I suppose doing 5 private Christmas parties only five nights is fair enough. But Christmas Fantasy Parade and Believe in Holiday Magic fireworks show must be open for everyone, even if they to make reservations.

I look forward to your thoughts in 2023. 🧐

TP2000

All kidding aside (but seriously, don't you dare say Christmas!), I do appreciate that they continue to use the incorrect spelling of the word night in this promotion.

Merriest Nites

Just like Date Nites, since 1958. Or Grad Nites since 1961. It's a very mid-century commercial spelling of that word. Probably something only done in America. Good for TDA for ignoring the dorky metric system and spelling it this way! 🤣

disneyland-date-night-feature-disneyexaminer.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom