Disney Merriest Nites, an All-New After-Hours Event at Disneyland Park

waltography

As I understand, regular guests get run out of DL at 8:00 on Merriest Nites?
Yes. Starting 7:50ish, they'll start looking for wristbands at attraction entrances (at least those towards the back of the park, may be staggered throughout the attractions). If you don't have a wristband, they won't let you queue and will direct you to start making your way out.

Sailor310

Yes. Starting 7:50ish, they'll start looking for wristbands at attraction entrances (at least those towards the back of the park, may be staggered throughout the attractions). If you don't have a wristband, they won't let you queue and will direct you to start making your way out.
Good, I thought so even though it doesn't explicitly say anything on Disney sites or on Touring Plans. We had reservations for Dec 7th and moved them to the 6th.

Last edited:

SuddenStorm

Imagine paying 160 bucks to visit Disneyland for only 3/4ths of the hours and then walking the tram route.

I have to give credit where credit is due, even rat chat has called Disney out significantly about the cash grab this is. It's like the old days.
I love that they mentioned considering another Save Disney campaign... Which I hope happens before the bulldozers are anywhere near Splash Mountain.

George Lucas on a Bench

Well, I'M going.

Get it together and buy these overpriced tickets for a lame 4 hour event with possible fake snow being blown out of a fan and limited overpriced food with small portions to be entirely unsatisfied with while annoying Christmas music blares on the PA system over and over again. Praise Chapek. He is All Loving. Burn in Hell, Walt.

Last edited:

George Lucas on a Bench

The notion that a new Save Dizney campaign could work is laughable. The fanbase takes it up the bum direct from Bob Cheapek and likes it. 15 years ago, it could have made a difference. It will never get anywhere in 2021.

drizgirl

So a ticketed event within a ticketed event. This is next level.

Let me pay 180 dollars for 4 hours of Disneyland plus an extra 150 dollars to waste an hour of that inside a restaraunt.

Great event!
Unfortunately it's not even close to being a new thing.

TP2000

Living in Southern California can be so psychologically damaging sometimes.

It's the first night of Disneyland's new Christmas party, and after an unseasonably cold and rainy October, today in OC we got... a sudden bone dry heatwave of 94 degrees and 12% humidity under a crystal blue sky.

I've brought the laptop out onto the patio and watched the sun set an hour ago just beyond Catalina Island in a remarkably stunning fiery-red-orange-gold-velvety blue horizon, and now it's starry and 78 degrees. I'm about to light the barbecue to grill up a fresh Tillamook Cheddar/Avocado/Onion Sirloin Burger and a glass of cool Malbec from the cave and sit here on the patio enjoying.

Merry Christmas??? Bah Humbug!

I can't think of an evening more un-Christmaslike than this one for a Christmas party. 🤪

Figments Friend

It's too freakin' early for anything even remotely associated with X-mas

😠

I want to go over to TP's for dinner.
That's all I want to think about right now.
Oh, and 78 degree weather again.
Yes, please.

Xmas anything can shove it.

-

waltography

First few things are trickling in on social media for Merriest Nites (which officially started a quarter of an hour ago)...

While the Muppets caroling is cute and I'm glad to see its representation in the parks, this is Boo Bash levels of embarrassing.

TP2000

Xmas anything can shove it.
Oh, Gawd that's funny. 🤣

I really do love me some Christmas cheer. But not until around December 20th, with a nip in the air and a song in my heart, or on the stereo (anything from the 1963 Phil Spector Christmas album will do).

But on November 11th when it's still 74 degrees at 9pm? No. There's no Christmas cheer to be had.

Which brings me to my next question... is there not a Believe fireworks show for these Christmas parties? It's 9:12 pm, the winds are calm, the temp is 74 with a very dry humidity of 14% currently, and I'm looking out from my hillside at Disneyland on the crystal-clear horizon right now and see... nothing. No fireworks. :confused:

P.S. The Tillamook/Avocado/Onion Sirloin Burger freshly grilled on the bbq with a wedge salad and some Malbec was fabulous. Not at all Christmas-y, more like a beach party in July, but fabulous nevertheless.

Last edited:

TP2000

While the Muppets caroling is cute and I'm glad to see its representation in the parks, this is Boo Bash levels of embarrassing.

I love the Muppets. In the late Carter era I never missed their show, it was brilliantly funny.

But this is... a near miss. It's almost there, it really is. But somehow it misses the mark. The biggest most successful entertainment company on the planet sends out the circa 1956 Omnibus with $80 worth of red duvatine fabric disguising the puppeteers onto Main Street USA to do a Christmas Carol show?

The concept is solid. I mean honestly, you can't go wrong with the Muppets.

But the execution is bad. It's borderline embarassing. Like a junior college drama department with a decent budget could have come up with something better.

About 10 years ago they did a similar thing at Disneyland. They sent the Muppets down the parade route on their own float. I think it was a pre-parade thing. But it was lightyears better than this. They actually spent some money on it.

I'm concerned, because obviously the Walt Disney Company has money to spend. I mean, how much did the HR Director make in salary who got paid to come up with the backstory about the time traveling Puerto Rican woman of incredible wealth who now owns the Christmas shop that can't be called a Christmas shop on Main Street USA?

Obviously, as that one recent example shows, there is still some money to be spent by the Walt Disney Company. So, for an extra-cost Christmas party debuting during a mid November heatwave, they roll this out as an example of the Muppet Franchise? I'd blame the heat, but they approved this eight months ago when it was only 65 degrees. 🧐

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom